Page 4 of 4 [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

KT67
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2020, 7:55 am

Right after a Trump Presidency and during a Johnson prime ministership (is that the word?) I'm not surprised per se but...

It truly is sad that people think it's ok to 'ethnic shame' and just call it that in this day and age.

There is no shame in being an ethnic minority. If anyone is made to feel bad about their ethnicity, that is bad.

I include people whose acknowledgement of white privilege goes as far as saying crap like 'I hate white people' in that as well. A bunch of people on my Twitter TL say stuff like 'I hate English people'. They don't - they hate English colonialism/Tories and are too willing not to make the distinction between the two.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2020, 9:15 am

↑ Your post reminds me of these immortal words...

"I love mankind; it's people I can't stand!" -- Penned by Charles Schultz, as if spoken by one of his Peanuts characters -- Linus van Pelt.

(C) Charles M. Schultz, 1959-11-12.

(Claiming moral equivalency between immoral acts is a null defense.)

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2020, 9:19 am

I walk/run at about an 11-minute mile for 7 1/2 miles every morning.

I walk at about 3 mph for maybe about 10 more miles every day.

I've only lost a couple of pounds over the past month or so.

KT67
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2020, 10:33 am

There's also individuals in both the left, right (and the centre).

Call SJWs who fat shame etc out. I know myself I'm a hypocrite - I hate ableist language but it's so easy to reach for when it comes to things I've used since childhood like 'stupid'. I do wonder how brand new words start turning up in people's vocab though, surely that's more deliberate/of a sign of who you're hanging about with? I wouldn't for eg say 'Trumptard'.

But the whole left isn't like that. Some see no problem in it. TYT is full of ableist language. So is Vaush and he continues to use it despite getting criticism from SJW types.

Equally, I'm condemning Trump's reluctance to leave office.

Not everyone on the right agrees with Trump. W has congratulated Biden. Leftists shouldn't equate what Trump's doing to what the right's doing, it's a divisive issue on the right.