Page 8 of 8 [ 127 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2022, 10:19 am

Cornflake wrote:
I think you need to have a better look at your sources, because it looks like you're being fed unsubstantiated and irrational nonsense.
Preferably someplace other than Instagram, Kiwi Farms, Truth Social, Twitter, Youtube, or Mein Kampf.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Aspie1
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2022, 10:35 am

Fnord wrote:
Cornflake wrote:
I think you need to have a better look at your sources, because it looks like you're being fed unsubstantiated and irrational nonsense.
Preferably someplace other than Instagram, Kiwi Farms, Truth Social, Twitter, Youtube, or Mein Kampf.
You're mixing up your sources. Instagram, Twitter, and YouTube are all part of the liberal Big Tech; they were in on it from the beginning. There's no way they'd allow the real truth about Covid to be shown. Any time people post about on there, they get censored out of existence within days. And Mein Kampf was written 80 years before Covid was made; you can't just retroactively predict a lab virus, especially in countries as far apart as Germany and China decades before the internet existed.

My rights don't end where your feeeelings begin!
Then they came for me. But by then, there was no one left to object.
If you're conservative when you're young, you have no heart! If you're liberal when you're mature, you have no brain!

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2022, 10:45 am

Aspie1 wrote:
Instagram, Twitter, and YouTube are all part of the liberal Big Tech . . .
Evidence, please?
Aspie1 wrote:
. . . they were in on it from the beginning.
Evidence, please?
Aspie1 wrote:
There's no way they'd allow the real truth about Covid to be shown.
Evidence, please?
Aspie1 wrote:
Any time people post about on there, they get censored out of existence within days.
Evidence, please?
Aspie1 wrote:
And Mein Kampf was written 80 years before Covid was made; you can't just retroactively predict it, especially in countries as far apart as Germany and China decades before the internet existed.
I cited MK for its insidious methods of propagating doubt, fear, and hatred that conspiracy theorists seem to employ -- stating and restating unsupportable claims, for example, is one of them. Impugning the intellect and integrity of those who question their claims is another.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Aspie1
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2022, 10:57 am

Fnord wrote:
Evidence, please?
Your eyes? 8) :wink:

Fnord wrote:
I cited MK for its insidious methods of propagating doubt, fear, and hatred that conspiracy theorists seem to employ -- stating and restating unsupportable claims, for example, is one of them. Impugning the intellect and integrity of those who question their claims is another.
Not a relevant source; it predates Biden-19 by 80 years. Either way, Biden-19 is dead and gone at this point. Other than in hospitals and community clinics, and among the Covid worshippers in liberal areas, no one wears masks anymore.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2022, 11:17 am

Aspie1 wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Evidence, please?
Your eyes?
A person’s eyes are evidence only of their ability to see.
Aspie1 wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Not a relevant source; it predates Biden-19 by 80 years. Either way, Biden-19 is dead and gone at this point. Other than in hospitals and community clinics, and among the Covid worshippers in liberal areas, no one wears masks anymore.
While irrelevant to Biden and Covid-19 (which are both still extant), MK is relevant to the tactics employed by conspiracy theorists in their ‘debates’ with others -- tactics which you seem to employ as well, like repeating the same unsupportable claims over and over as if by doing so you can get others to believe them. Only the ignorant and the gullible will believe your claims. The rest of us know better.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2022, 10:44 pm

What is it about George Soros that these conspiracy theorists are fixated on?

I know little about him myself, other than that he's a philanthropist, let alone anything to warrant an unhealthy obsession with him.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

Aspie1
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2022, 5:08 am

Tim_Tex wrote:

I know little about him myself, other than that he's a philanthropist, let alone anything to warrant an unhealthy obsession with him.
He's a "philanthropist" to dangerous organizations that hate America and the Western world in general, like Antifa and Open Society Foundation. He's responsible for most of the 2020 lootings. He's not a philanthropist to productive workers and small business owners that keep society running.

If you're conservative when you're young, you have no heart! If you're liberal when you're mature, you have no brain!

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2022, 8:26 am

Tim_Tex wrote:
Likely ‘jealousy’: Mr. Soros has money, and they do not. He is also a Jew.

Mr. Soros does with his wealth what he wants, and not what the QAnon cultists, the MAGA Republicans, the Trump worshipers, and Trump himself want.

Find out why conspiracy theorists are fixated upon wealthy Jews doing what they want with their own money, and you will likely begin to understand their delusional mindset, too.

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

19 Sep 2022, 8:48 am

Tim_Tex wrote:
It's often a dog-whistle for "the Jews".

Aspie1
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2022, 8:59 am

Cornflake wrote:
Tim_Tex wrote:
Not in my case! I couldn't care less what his nationality is. George Soros is garbage for his actions, not his Jewishness.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2022, 9:19 am

Aspie1 wrote:
Cornflake wrote:
Tim_Tex wrote:
Not in my case! I couldn't care less what his nationality is. George Soros is garbage for his actions, not his Jewishness.
George Soros supports civil society groups around the world, with the stated goals of advancing justice, education, public health, and independent media.

What do you have against justice, education, health, and a global free press?

Last edited by magz on 19 Sep 2022, 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.: Personal insinuation removed

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2022, 1:02 pm

Tim_Tex wrote:

I think it's partly the mere fact that, unlike plenty of other wealthy people such as the Koch brothers (who also fund a bunch of political activist groups), the various groups funded by Soros tend to be center-left.

Lots of right wing groups get lots of funding from rich people, and they are absolutely horrified that they are not the only activist groups who have ever gotten any funding from rich people.

Anti-Jewish prejudice may be a factor here also, but probably not the only factor.

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2023, 12:30 am

About a historical antecedent, the beginnings of Renaissance-era and post-Renaissance "witch" persecutions:

The invention of satanic witchcraft by medieval authorities was initially met with skepticism by Vivian Lam, The Conversation, July 2, 2020.

Unfortunately, more and more people did believe it back then, with tragic results:

Quote:
From the 1400s through the 1700s, authorities in Western Europe executed around 50,000 people, mostly women, for witchcraft. The worst witch hunts could claim hundreds of victims at a time.

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2023, 12:20 am

Q'Anon Is So Much Bigger Than You Think It Is | Offline With Jon Favreau, Jul 9, 2023:

Summary:

Quote:
Will Sommer, author of Trust the Plan: The Rise of QAnon, joins Offline to talk about what QAnon actually is, how people are drawn into the world of Q, and how the Republican party has become intertwined with these conspiracies. He and Jon peel back the layers of the movement to understand how it’s being monetized, why Michael Flynn is a QAnon hero, and where you can find adrenochrome in real life (hint: it’s not in the blood of children!).

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2024, 1:58 am

The QAnon variant of the traditional anti-Jewish blood libel is now being used against Jews of the Chabad movement. See the separate thread Secret Tunnel Under New York Synagogue Sparks Chaotic Scenes, beginning with this post.