Smartmatic poll machines come into question

Page 4 of 4 [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2020, 12:55 pm

So NewsMax is nothing more than a fanfic site featuring conspiracy theories devoted to Donald J. Trump.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2020, 12:57 pm

Fnord wrote:
So NewsMax is nothing more than a fanfic site featuring conspiracy theories devoted to Donald J. Trump.

That's a pretty fair description of the entire right-wing propagandasphere. Their reporting is often not based in reality.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2020, 3:19 pm

Mikah wrote:
This "Russian ninja hackers" talk is a distraction. The main issue with the machines (and not-coincidentally the main suspects in this latest US election) are the manufacturers & owners of the voting machines. Being air gapped just means a few guys running around with usb sticks or w/e updating the machines (which happened the day before the US vote). Obsolete software/hardware is also no protection if the would-be criminals have the specs, the source code and valid signature/encryption keys to hand.

I already said this & I also already said this didn't happen. Some of the machines aren't encrypted anyway & we still got the election done.

I don't know of any criminal interests in the hacking community that concern elections whatsoever. They're the real q anon actually. You want some pedophiles caught? Anons will do that without being asked. You are underestimating the civic responsibility of hackers.

For that matter, your ignorance towards Russian & Chinese operational capabilities is factually laughable.

-Gem Tos :mrgreen:

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2020, 3:22 pm

Mikah wrote:
cberg wrote:
Does that not mean that the majority suddenly disagrees with the outcome or are you disputing registration numbers?

I could tell you where to find the best instructions & hardware for bulk production of said malicious USB sticks.

You are welcome to get watch listed for questioning the legitimacy of the election or continue to insist on the best possible way to hack the next one. Important work as far as I can extrapolate the actions of a panopticon. :shrug:

This makes little sense to me. Are you even replying to me?

Brictoria wrote:
Quote:
Hillary Clinton is being urged by a group of prominent computer scientists and election lawyers to call for a recount in three swing states won by Donald Trump, New York has learned. The group, which includes voting-rights attorney John Bonifaz and J. Alex Halderman, the director of the University of Michigan Center for Computer Security and Society, believes they’ve found persuasive evidence that results in Wisconsin, Michigan, and Pennsylvania may have been manipulated or hacked.

Source: https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2016/11 ... sults.html

As one of the people (Professor of Computer Science & Engineering at the University of Michigan and Director of Michigan’s Center for Computer Security & Society) referenced in the article stated:

Yeah. It was the data scientists and IT guys that saw it earlier than most and smelled a rat this time too. The anomalies this time are so huge and bizarre, only wilful ignorance could make people see anything else.

You make little sense, you are discussing digital security of an electronic voting apparatus without the understanding that one must know how to hack something before they can say whether it was hacked. I was implying that you could be doing the actual research.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2020, 3:24 pm

Every election will be anomalous. You are demanding that humans should be predictable & and insisting that indications otherwise are suspect. I am telling you about how we manage a database in the real world.

Mikah
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2020, 4:47 pm

Risible, cberg. This is why no one trusts expert authority anymore.

cberg wrote:
I already said this & I also already said this didn't happen. Some of the machines aren't encrypted anyway & we still got the election done.

Did you? You can say for certain the company is completely trustworthy?

cberg wrote:
I don't know of any criminal interests in the hacking community that concern elections whatsoever. They're the real q anon actually. You want some pedophiles caught? Anons will do that without being asked. You are underestimating the civic responsibility of hackers.

Because they'd tell their buddy cberg... this is also besides the point, see below.

cberg wrote:
For that matter, your ignorance towards Russian & Chinese operational capabilities is factually laughable.

I haven't said anything about Russian or Chinese capabilities. You either haven't read my post properly, are conversing with your imagination or at worst you are attempting to construct a lame straw man, which in this context is an abuse of expert authority. I said the company who own and make the machines are the suspected wrongdoers, which makes talk of third parties all but irrelevant and security through obscurity/encryption/air gapping meaningless.

cberg wrote:
You make little sense, you are discussing digital security of an electronic voting apparatus without the understanding that one must know how to hack something before they can say whether it was hacked. I was implying that you could be doing the actual research.

Again you are either talking to imaginary Mikah or it's another straw man. If the company is in on it, they don't need to hack it do they, Mr Wizard? They have the source, the specs and the credentials, digital and real world, to access the machines.

Let me repeat that for you, that you might understand my original post.

If the company is in on it, you don't need hackers.

cberg wrote:
Every election will be anomalous. You are demanding that humans should be predictable & and insisting that indications otherwise are suspect.

Humans are predictable to an extent. Most of modern data science would be worthless if that were not the case.

cberg wrote:
I am telling you about how we manage a database in the real world.

Just firing off soundbites now, it may trick some of the technologically illiterate here, but not me.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2020, 5:06 pm

This is why Americans don't trust foreign election commentary, as I said this is moot because we didn't elect someone with over a quarter million deaths to his name. I claim zero authority but more or less a lifetime of expertise, you are telling us rumors about voting machine companies which produced a result which clearly indicates fewer fatalities moving forward.

That's progress. I don't give a s**t whether or not you think progressives aren't associated with it.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2020, 5:08 pm

I'm not here to trick someone who's lying straight to my face, that's a zero sum. Wishing for something doesn't make it true.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2020, 5:19 pm

You're basically saying we can't count at this point man. Send me a source control link to all the malicious code & logs thereof, or it didn't happen.

Mikah
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2020, 5:28 pm

Others may like to note cberg is not refuting my point (I said the company who own and make the machines are the suspected wrongdoers, which makes talk of third parties all but irrelevant and security through obscurity/encryption/air gapping meaningless.)

Because it is correct.

Quote:
Send me a source control link to all the malicious code & logs thereof, or it didn't happen.

I'd like the same, to prove the machines are doing what they are supposed to. Alas, Dominion employees are disappearing, offices are being closed, which is totally not suspicious.

If you have a tiniest bit of interest in possible fraud: watch this video which encapsulates the oddest of the anomalies:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ztu5Y5obWPk

Then read this twitter thread

https://archive.is/I20Al

Particularly the papers on the SMOTE (Synthetic Minority Over-sampling Technique) which is sounds very much like an algorithm that could produce the strange anomalies Dr. Shiva talks about.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2020, 5:29 pm

cberg wrote:
You're basically saying we can't count at this point man. Send me a source control link to all the malicious code & logs thereof, or it didn't happen.

I'm not sure the goal is to prove something was done wrong so much as to create enough fear, uncertainty and doubt to keep people who want to believe something nefarious occurred paranoid and skeptical of reality.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う