Rick Sanchez cries racism, says Jews run the media.

Page 1 of 3 [ 38 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2010, 3:09 pm

Quote:
Sanchez dug his hole even deeper when Dominick suggested that Stewart, who is Jewish, is also a minority. He laughed at the notion that Jews have experienced oppression and implied that they control CNN and other networks:

"Yeah, very powerless people. [laughs] He's such a minority. I mean, you know, please. What are you kidding? I'm telling you that everybody who runs CNN is a lot like Stewart and a lot of people who run all the other networks are a lot like Stewart. And to imply that somehow they, the people in this country who are jewish, are an oppressed minority?"

http://www.thewrap.com/television/colum ... 2?page=0,0

?I wouldn't recommend sex, drugs or insanity for everyone, but they've always worked for me.? - Hunter S. Thompson

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

01 Oct 2010, 4:01 pm

Well first thought is, Rick Sanchez is white. He's Cuban but... he's white. So is Jon Stewart. Shut up about being a maligned minority. Last time I checked CNN hasn't been doing so well. They've been regularly beat out by MSNBC and even it's own spin off network HLN. The guy always came off as a big meathead whenever I saw him too so it's not surprising they replaced him.

Janissy
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2010, 4:12 pm

I look forward to The Daily Show response to this. It will probably include the footage of Rick Sanchez volunteering to be tasered which they show nearly every time they mention his name.

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2010, 4:36 pm

Jacoby wrote:
Well first thought is, Rick Sanchez is white.

That was my first thought, too. I'd never mistake him for George Lopez, you know?

?I wouldn't recommend sex, drugs or insanity for everyone, but they've always worked for me.? - Hunter S. Thompson

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2010, 6:02 pm

and now he's fired

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2010, 6:12 pm

Good on 'em. He was a garbage anchor and I'm about 98% certain that accusing your employers of racism publicly like that is a required firing.

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2010, 1:31 am

I run CNN?

Heck, this is better than the time I discovered we really had HBO and all I had to do was use the VCR channel changer to go past channel 13!

Now I can get rid of all the stupid crap on their website!

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2010, 2:03 pm

Chronos wrote:
I run CNN?

Heck, this is better than the time I discovered we really had HBO and all I had to do was use the VCR channel changer to go past channel 13!

Yeah, it's absurd. I have no experience in that industry but the only thing even close to being semi-reasonable about it is that Jewish people are in charge of the vast majority of the media outlets and tend to favor hiring others Jews to take their place rather than a goy and even that borderlines on conspiracy. Unless those in charge also believe the same paranoia that certain Jews do and want to have media in control of the Jews so that the Holocaust can never happen again...which again, very conspiratorial.

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2010, 10:36 pm

skafather84 wrote:
Chronos wrote:
I run CNN?

Yeah, it's absurd. I have no experience in that industry but the only thing even close to being semi-reasonable about it is that Jewish people are in charge of the vast majority of the media outlets and tend to favor hiring others Jews to take their place rather than a goy and even that borderlines on conspiracy. Unless those in charge also believe the same paranoia that certain Jews do and want to have media in control of the Jews so that the Holocaust can never happen again...which again, very conspiratorial.

Most jews are secular and don't care if someone is a gentile or a jew in business dealings.

The only time I ever encountered jews who were extremely exclusive on these matters was with the Syrian jews of Brooklyn, which is a specific group of jews who are at odds with most other jews over their edict that forbids converts and descendants of converts from marrying into the community, and then there are some frumsters and hassidim/haredim that have been so isolated from reality for so many generations that they fear non-jews. I only discovered this on a forum and was totally "blown away". They are in the extreme minority.

I don't think the media is different from any other business social cluster really. My family was in the entertainment industry. It didn't really have anything to do with the fact that they were jews. My great grandparents came out here for the weather. My great grandfather, who only attended a synagogue twice in his adult life...for his wedding and for his funeral, became a talent scout and made friends in the industry, which was pretty small at the time. With his social connections, he got my grandfather a job on a film crew. My grandfather got my uncles a job on the crew. Then my sister decided she wanted to be an actress. Then, she and my cousin decided they wanted to be directors. Then my cousin got tired of getting up at 5am every morning, complained, and got bumped into the accounting department. And that is how jews end up in accounts ;-)

Horus
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2010, 11:44 pm

Here's a little fact about Rick Sanchez many of you might not know. He took a human life while driving with a BAC above the legal limit. This was big news when I was living in Miami in 1990. He always struck me as an ignorant and phony a**hole anyway. He's like the walking stereotype of a dumb, uninteresting and shallow NT. What is it with CNN? Why does it seem like they hire the most moronic anchors? Has anyone ever seen Soledad O'brien or Anderson Cooper on Celebrity Jeopardy?....pathetic beyond words!! ! This is not being motivated by any conservative bias on my part btw. I'm about as far-left as people get on almost every issue. Even the right-wingnuts on FOX seem to have a few more brain cells than these buffoons on CNN.

"Drunk driving
On December 10, 1990, Sanchez struck a drunken pedestrian, Jeffrey Smuzinick, with his car on a residential street near Dolphin Stadium (then known as Joe Robbie Stadium) and left the scene, returning two hours later.[17] Smuzinick was paralyzed and eventually died in an assisted living facility on November 2, 1995.[18] Sanchez had just left the NFL football game between the Miami Dolphins and the Philadelphia Eagles with his father when the accident occurred. Police breathalyzer results determined that Sanchez's blood alcohol level was above the legal limit for driving. He was not charged with causing the accident, but was charged with and pleaded no contest to driving under the influence (DUI)."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rick_Sanchez

I guess two hours wasn't enough to get your BAC down to 0.08 dumba**! !! :roll:

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2010, 1:15 am

Horus wrote:
Here's a little fact about Rick Sanchez many of you might not know. He took a human life while driving with a BAC above the legal limit. This was big news when I was living in Miami in 1990. He always struck me as an ignorant and phony a**hole anyway. He's like the walking stereotype of a dumb, uninteresting and shallow NT. What is it with CNN? Why does it seem like they hire the most moronic anchors? Has anyone ever seen Soledad O'brien or Anderson Cooper on Celebrity Jeopardy?....pathetic beyond words!! ! This is not being motivated by any conservative bias on my part btw. I'm about as far-left as people get on almost every issue. Even the right-wingnuts on FOX seem to have a few more brain cells than these buffoons on CNN.

"Drunk driving
On December 10, 1990, Sanchez struck a drunken pedestrian, Jeffrey Smuzinick, with his car on a residential street near Dolphin Stadium (then known as Joe Robbie Stadium) and left the scene, returning two hours later.[17] Smuzinick was paralyzed and eventually died in an assisted living facility on November 2, 1995.[18] Sanchez had just left the NFL football game between the Miami Dolphins and the Philadelphia Eagles with his father when the accident occurred. Police breathalyzer results determined that Sanchez's blood alcohol level was above the legal limit for driving. He was not charged with causing the accident, but was charged with and pleaded no contest to driving under the influence (DUI)."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rick_Sanchez

I guess two hours wasn't enough to get your BAC down to 0.08 dumba**! !! :roll:

Rick Sanchez is a buffoon who was hired by CNN to read papers, do stuff, and be a placeholder.

PHISHA51
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

03 Oct 2010, 11:17 am

I watch CNN because theirs nothing else to see on TV. Interesting thread though. Last time I saw Rick, he put MSNBC on his list you don't want to be on. Reason: He did explain but I forgot what he said already.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2010, 11:43 am

CNN really is just a terrible a channel. I can't think of any reason to watch that channel. The only people I know that do only watch it it because they think FNC and MSNBC are too bias even though CNN hardly plays the middle of the road. They're just boring.

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2010, 8:09 pm

Jacoby wrote:
CNN really is just a terrible a channel. I can't think of any reason to watch that channel. The only people I know that do only watch it it because they think FNC and MSNBC are too bias even though CNN hardly plays the middle of the road. They're just boring.

Bias or not, news standards have really gone down hill in the last few decades. If they are reporting on a field that you have in depth knowledge of, you'll find many of the articles are inaccurate, and their headlines are frequently misleading. They also fail to report certain relevant news stories.

If you want to know what's really going on, the best you can do is check multiple news sources...CNN, MSNBC, BBCNEWs, Al Jazeera, and a few others.

Wombat
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2010, 11:26 pm

I have seen lists of the top executives at all the major film studios, TV networks and newspapers, and yes, 95% of them are Jewish.

Sanchez said they controlled the media so they quickly proved his point by getting him fired. :D

Perhaps he can get a job for Pravda or Al Jazera but he will never work here again.

Orwell
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2010, 12:39 am

Jacoby wrote:
Well first thought is, Rick Sanchez is white. He's Cuban but... he's white.

Yeah, Cubans are almost all White. I live in Miami, and most of the Cubans I know were only "Cuban" for about one or two generations in their family—go back any further and you find they're Spaniards. Not like Mexicans, who are actually (at least partially) descended from the indigeneous peoples of the Americas.

[qupte]So is Jon Stewart. Shut up about being a maligned minority.[/quote]
I guess it's debatable whether Jews are technically "white." I would normally count them as such, but others disagree. Jews certainly have a history of being persecuted, but in modern-day America? Jews are not an oppressed minority here.