Republican civil unrest, after the Democratic win.

Page 9 of 9 [ 142 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Tempus Fugit
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2020, 9:59 pm

Mona Pereth wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:
Both parties are bought and paid for by the same corporate interests. Again, I'm wasting my time.

So then why do you consistently seem to favor the Republicans, or at least Trump?

He doesn't.

Just because someone isn't sprouting anti-trump rhetoric 24/7, that doesn't make them a Trump supporter or a Republican.

Politics isn't black and white, it's a spectrum.

So would you please give this routine a rest already and just stick to the topic?

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2020, 1:37 pm

VegetableMan wrote:
I didn't vote for Trump, nor have I ever voted for a Republican. I'm done with this s**t! No matter how many times I explain my position, I still get the same attitude. This site will never change!

I'm sorry if I misunderstood your position. I looked back through your posts to see if I could figure out what your political views are. It's still not entirely clear to me.

I replied to one of your older posts here. I also found this post wherein you denounce both candidates in a non-specific way, and I also found this older post wherein you denounce the "left-right paradigm".

I also found this post in which you deny the existence of Nazis, which seems very odd. (What would you call these people, for example?)

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2020, 4:00 pm

cyberdad wrote:
Redd_Kross wrote:
Alleging electoral fraud has life-changing consequences, which is why there needs to be clarity on allegations vs. proven guilt. Don't throw people under the bus when they're still potentially innocent. You seem happy to do that, but unhappy when I do the same to you. Are you understanding this yet?

Excellent point, but you are communicating with somebody who believes that armed vigilantes should be allowed to murder innocent unarmed civilians and then hide behind the excuse of self-defence.

Sorry Bric, I'm getting carried away! you are entitled to your opinion....

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2020, 4:09 pm

cyberdad wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Redd_Kross wrote:
Alleging electoral fraud has life-changing consequences, which is why there needs to be clarity on allegations vs. proven guilt. Don't throw people under the bus when they're still potentially innocent. You seem happy to do that, but unhappy when I do the same to you. Are you understanding this yet?

Excellent point, but you are communicating with somebody who believes that armed vigilantes should be allowed to murder innocent unarmed civilians and then hide behind the excuse of self-defence.

Sorry Bric, I'm getting carried away! you are entitled to your opinion....

I'll probably have to keep referring to this fact to lend perspective as long as the alt-right edginess is in full effect.

-Gem Tos :mrgreen:

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2020, 5:19 pm

Tempus Fugit wrote:
Just because someone isn't sprouting anti-trump rhetoric 24/7, that doesn't make them a Trump supporter or a Republican.

Of course. However, if someone is spouting pro-Trump rhetoric (or favorably echoing Trump's and his followers' talking points) almost 24/7, that does make them a Trump supporter -- not a neutral impartial observer, as some such people claim to be. (I'm not referring to VegetableMan here, but certain other people ....)

Tempus Fugit wrote:
So would you please give this routine a rest already and just stick to the topic?

Would you please you stop claiming to be a neutral impartial observer?

Brictoria
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2020, 5:47 pm

Mona Pereth wrote:
Tempus Fugit wrote:

Of course. However, if someone is spouting pro-Trump rhetoric (or favorably echoing Trump's and his followers' talking points) almost 24/7, that does make them a Trump supporter -- not a neutral impartial observer, as some such people claim to be. (I'm not referring to VegetableMan here, but certain other people ....)

Tempus Fugit wrote:

Out of curiosity, how would you differentiate between a "Trump supporter" and a "neutral impartial observer", given the majority of posters on the site post anti-trump rhetoric/talking points?

Obviously a "Trump supporter" would post items favourable to Mr Trump, but a "neutral impartial observer" would do the same in order to provide balance (or fill information gaps left by the "anti-Trump" majority) for the benefit of those interested in the truth, rather than a single partisan viewpoint.

Given this, how (other than partisan assumptions) could someone determine whether a person was truly a "Trump supporter" rather than a "neutral impartial observer" who was seeking to ensure readers were informed of the facts that would otherwise be unlikely to be posted here?

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2020, 7:27 pm

Brictoria wrote:
Out of curiosity, how would you differentiate between a "Trump supporter" and a "neutral impartial observer", given the majority of posters on the site post anti-trump rhetoric/talking points?

Obviously a "Trump supporter" would post items favourable to Mr Trump, but a "neutral impartial observer" would do the same in order to provide balance (or fill information gaps left by the "anti-Trump" majority) for the benefit of those interested in the truth, rather than a single partisan viewpoint.

A truly neutral person would, as you say, "fill information gaps left by the 'anti-Trump' majority," but would also express sympathy for points on which they consider the anti-Trump majority to be correct. A truly neutral person would likely make a lot of statements like, "You are correct about X, but what do you think of the following evidence against what you said about Y?"

I would also expect the person not to write so many posts echoing pro-Trump and/or right wing talking points. And I would expect them to be more forthcoming when asked about their own opinions on various other relevant topics, rather than treating such questions as an annoying distraction from writing their daily quota of pro-Trump/right-wing advocacy posts.

Brictoria
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2020, 9:18 pm

Redd_Kross wrote:
If allegations = guilt then why not make stuff up? Brictoria is a murderer, Brictoria is a paedophile, Brictoria is psychopathic, Brictoria is an animal abuser. Not nice, is it? Pretty horrible, in fact. Don't do it, then. And in particular, don't throw s**t around and then play the victim when you're called out on it, because that's textbook cowardice. If you can't stand by what you've said, don't say it.

An interesting comment:
Before addressing it, let's consider some definitions:
Quote:
mal·ice (măl′ĭs)
n.
1. A desire to harm others or to see others suffer; extreme ill will or spite.
2. Law
a. The intent to commit an unlawful act without justification or excuse.
b. An improper motive for an action, such as desire to cause injury to another.

Source: https://www.thefreedictionary.com/malice

Quote:
libel

1) n. to publish in print (including pictures), writing or broadcast through radio, television or film, an untruth about another which will do harm to that person or his/her reputation, by tending to bring the target into ridicule, hatred, scorn or contempt of others.

Source: https://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/libel

Given the fact that you felt the need to make false accusations:
Redd_Kross wrote:
If allegations = guilt then why not make stuff up?

It could be quite an interesting use of my time to investigate whether this reaches the level of libel under which either you or the site (given a "site admin" feels such comments are "appropriate") could be held responsible...

As far as further correspondence goes, if this is an example of your character, please refrain from addressing myself directly in future, as I have no desire to be associated with any person who could make such heinous accusations against another person (for any reason) without being able to substantiate them.

Tempus Fugit
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2020, 9:28 pm

Mona Pereth wrote:
Tempus Fugit wrote:

Tempus Fugit wrote:

But what if that's what I identify as?

Nothing you come up with will make me change how I feel about myself.

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2020, 9:42 pm

Tempus Fugit wrote:
Mona Pereth wrote:

Then could you please start acting like a "neutral impartial observer"? For what I mean by that, please see this post, above.

Tempus Fugit
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2020, 9:43 pm

Mona Pereth wrote:
Tempus Fugit wrote:
Mona Pereth wrote:

Then could you please start acting like a "neutral impartial observer"? For what I mean by that, please see this post, above.

Request denied. Live with it.

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2020, 9:54 pm

Brictoria wrote:
Given the fact that you felt the need to make false accusations:
Redd_Kross wrote:
If allegations = guilt then why not make stuff up?

It could be quite an interesting use of my time to investigate whether this reaches the level of libel under which either you or the site (given a "site admin" feels such comments are "appropriate") could be held responsible...

It was quite clear to me that Redd_Kross was only making a rhetorical point about false allegations, not actually accusing you of any of the hypothetical crimes he mentioned.

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2020, 9:58 pm

Tempus Fugit wrote:
Request denied. Live with it.

Hopefully then, you too will be willing to "live with" lots of people noting your highly paradoxical (to say the least) behavior?

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

05 Dec 2020, 2:30 am

! Cornflake wrote:
Brictoria, I don't intend explaining further how ripping 16 words out of their context in a detailed post while doggedly ignoring the context and explanations for their use, then claiming they are personal attacks - is specious.

I sent you a lengthy PM in which I explained that the use of ludicrous and hyperbolic accusations as examples to further illustrate a point do not constitute personal attacks, since they were clearly not made with any intent to attack. Likewise your assertion of libel; there is no intent to present an untruth as factual yet you continue to ignore all surrounding context and act as though there were.

I mentioned in my PM that you are coming across as condescending, and that you seem more interested in examining the credentials or trustworthiness of other posters than the topic itself.
I note especially the frequent use of quoting which tends to convey your own negative interpretations - for example, your earlier line: (given a "site admin" feels such comments are "appropriate"). You are implying that I am sanctioning the use of personal attacks but once again, you choose to ignore the context and explanation provided and instead, present your own narrowed interpretation.

Finally, you are in no position to dictate who is permitted to respond to your posts - this is an open forum and anyone can post to it. On the occasions where there appears to be ongoing antagonism of one poster over another, or a poster makes a complaint to that effect, the moderation team may step in - if necessary with restrictions on posting privileges.
But you are not a moderator.

This matter is now closed.