Page 1 of 2 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

KT67
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2020, 4:41 am

Does the no board games rule which the British government are imposing on Christmas day apply if you don't extend your bubble?

We've been playing board games all year.

I think it's unfair if it does cos we're already doing without my auntie, uncle and cousins.

Maybe I'm being too literal?

Fireblossom
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2020, 6:38 am

You probably are. I mean, if we're talking about people who you're gonna be in the same house with anyway, same dinner table and all, I don't see what extra harm playing board games together would do. And you can always pass on a hand sanitizer before and after each game.

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

28 Nov 2020, 7:08 am

What I could find about it

Quote:
Be aware of the risk of spreading the virus by board games which involve lots of shared pieces - maybe try quiz games instead
https://www.bbc.com/news/health-55107473
So, it's not a ban of board games in general - just pointing out that the virus can spread on shared pieces of a board game that a lot of people touch one after another.

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

KT67
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2020, 8:06 am

Fireblossom wrote:
You probably are. I mean, if we're talking about people who you're gonna be in the same house with anyway, same dinner table and all, I don't see what extra harm playing board games together would do. And you can always pass on a hand sanitizer before and after each game.

They're doing the rule for people who are going to visit and presumably share Christmas dinner together.

What I'm wondering is what difference the date makes except that you can have 3 households rather than 2.

If you still have only 2, there shouldn't be extra rules.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2020, 10:26 am

KT67 wrote:
Fireblossom wrote:

They're doing the rule for people who are going to visit and presumably share Christmas dinner together.

What I'm wondering is what difference the date makes except that you can have 3 households rather than 2.

If you still have only 2, there shouldn't be extra rules.

Is it a rule or just a recommendation? It seems like a very nitpicky and difficult to play rule. If you want to play board games with your auntie play them.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

KT67
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2020, 10:49 am

I'm not going to see my auntie on purpose.

My granddad's part of the same bubble we've had for months. We don't go out and he doesn't. We just see each other.

It's a recommendation but I think it's geared to for eg if my auntie and uncle and cousins came over. Cos that's 3 households which is more than 2 so it's like a compromise. For people who are low risk (or foolish) and want three households together rather than two.

But the fact it doesn't say 'don't play board games with people outside your usual bubble' confuses me...

Also I couldn't hug mum under these guidelines either. I live with her.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2020, 2:28 pm

I suppose I'd just fight the urge to post it on social media if you do. Doubt you'll have anyone checking up on you and make sure that you're all wearing masks indoors anyway.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2020, 4:12 pm

It just ain't Christmas without that game of Monopoly and a large supply of booze.

Oscar Meyer Lansky

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2020, 4:37 pm

I wonder which popular board games need to become video games (while staying the same).

That was my childhood board game: https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/1387/alaska/images :P

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2020, 4:55 pm

Time to bring back charades.

ElabR8Aspie
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

28 Nov 2020, 5:06 pm

Attempts at silencing the lambs.

No singing and dancing either.

This coming from advisory committee labelled and called 'Sage' Haha.

For a smokescreen effect.

Funny how a word ie: 'Sage' promotes a sense of righteousness and upholding.

Black magic.

Don't fall for this deception.

That's what they want,but alas,it's all in vain anyway.

Parable of the wheat.

Switch off the TV,No Radio,No News etc etc.

Listen to your favorite music.

Sing,let your voice out,lose the inhibitions,find your truth.

Dance to your favorite tunes,get in rhythm.

And do what you enjoy doing,especially when you were a child.

Your truth,when you were a child,children are the truth,before being brainwashed etc.

Practice doing nothing,and i mean just observing nature and watching,

hence unfiltering the mind.

Beat to the tune of your own drum.

Don't buy into the fear campaign and separation by this dark side advisory committee called 'Sage'.

and other tricks by the socalled upholders of righteousness.

All in all,they are clutching at straws anyway,

as this sorry ruse is over.

Enjoy and have fun.: )

Keep smiling.: )

Sing,dance,let lose and let it all go.

No more hiding,no more fear,

No more oppression and repression,

Hear your voice,

Speak the truth effortlessly.

Time to enjoy your fruits and the end to your sufferings.

Sing and dance.

Lose the false veil of inhibitions,

which masked your true god given nature.

It is yours,take it,you earned it.

Last edited by ElabR8Aspie on 28 Nov 2020, 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KT67
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2020, 5:18 pm

I do believe in the virus.

I just don't think the rules should be the same for everyone.

If you're not meeting with people outside your 'household' (bit silly to call your bubble your household), the rules should be more lax.

If you're foolish enough to meet with three 'households' and you're high risk, take precautions.

Everyone else is in between except households who are genuinely going to only be households and people who live alone who are genuinely going to be living alone. I feel sorry for people who spend Christmas alone, even though I'm aspie and usually enjoy my own company.

ElabR8Aspie
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

28 Nov 2020, 5:28 pm

@KT67

Virus came from animals,true nature.

Nature corrects.

And your buying into this ruse of the advisory committee of 'Sage',

and all the false puppeteers in pulling strings for there own agendas.

To try and keep this sorry sinking greed ship from going down any further,

but alas in vain.

Forget the same old scripts and bored games,

Subscribe to your own script.

Focus on what you enjoy doing,

And take back what is rightfully yours,

and been there all along.

Enjoy your own inner peace and power.

KT67
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2020, 5:41 pm

What is rightfully there for me is my mother, stepfather and grandfather.

I trust the science.

I don't want to lose high risk family members.

You won't convince me on this.

Others have tried and failed. Strangely, on this site despite the fact it's for autistic people. You'd think we were more logical than that.

ElabR8Aspie
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

28 Nov 2020, 6:03 pm

I don't have much family 'here'.

Those that i do have 'here',a brother and sister are entrapped by fear/greed/materialism,

i am not.

Hence,i focus on myself,rather than diverting my attention away from wiltering flowers,

who flog a dead horse.

Sorry.

As far as i see it,resistance is futile,

as the daisies are growing,unhinged and unwaivered.

KT67
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2020, 6:43 pm

Do you live with them?

If you live alone, try to form a bubble with people who aren't them and who don't have a bubble yet.

If you're in the UK and low risk, this will be easier at Christmas time cos of the 3 household rule.

If my family was low risk, I could meet up with granddad (who's our bubble), my own family who I live with and my cousin. I can't legally have my cousin in the bubble most of the time (if my family was low risk - they're not) because that's 2 extra people to the real household rather than just one.

My cousins are going to my auntie's house. It means she doesn't have to pick a daughter to spend the time with. They're low risk so it's a good thing. Even if they do spread covid to each other, the risks are a lot lower for people who are youngish and don't have immune deficiencies.

I can understand them choosing against stuff like playing board games, sharing cutlery etc though.

(I'm starting to realise 'here' might mean 'on earth' and if so, sorry I am being so literal!)

Tbh I will appreciate the one Christmas away from my cousins. They 'mean well' but are very stereotypically NT and rub me up the wrong way, esp with my cousin's bragging and it's only a few months (hopefully) til her wedding so she'll be bound to want to show off.