Page 1 of 3 [ 46 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Tomatoes
Toucan
Toucan

30 Nov 2020, 1:11 pm

In its simplest form, Judaism is the belief in a supreme being that created the universe etc. (from Wikipedia)
I agree, but a question arouse me : what is the universe if there are parallels universes also ? (or the belief that there are parallels universes ?)
Then, what about different timelines inside a specific universe, or region thereof ?

I consider myself a non-practicing Jew, since I don't follow the Talmud. But I understand its importance and to me it's not arbitrary (the signification is real, and a good starting point to develop good routines and habits).

I won't talk here about the political aspect at this time (because).

For me, being Just is not really about balancing between good and evil or making good where evil is seen (or perceived, depending of your self-confidence). It's more complicated than that.

My sensitivity took a hit these recent months, and wasn't that good before. But the healing process is en marche.

You may consider me not a real Jew, I don't know. So, if you know more about this subject, and/or you atr a practicing/ did practice before or not, please ask some question if you are interested by the answer I will try to produce in writing form here.

(kind of hard for me to admit I am from/into a religion, but that is the case, hmm).

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2020, 1:29 pm

The concept of parallel universes is an abstract idea suggested by a few mathematical conundra, nothing more -- it is not even an hypothesis because hypotheses can be tested, and there is no way to test for something that exists only as a concept.

However, even if parallel universes were proven to exist, one could assume than an infinite deity who is responsible for all Creation would have created those parallel universes as well.

If you want more in-depth answers to your question, then it may be best to consult with a cosmologist ... or a rabbi.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

kitesandtrainsandcats
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2020, 5:22 pm

Fnord wrote:
However, even if parallel universes were proven to exist, one could assume than an infinite deity who is responsible for all Creation would have created those parallel universes as well.

That makes sense to me.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2020, 6:09 pm

Muslims believe in two parallel “realms” - the “realm of the humans” and “the realm of Jinns”.

Just ghost stories...

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2020, 9:42 am

The Mormons believe that if you're good in this life then...you get to be a good of your own planet somewhere in the Universe. But...I dunno...I suppose you would still be subordinate to the one big Kahuna God of the universe.

The same god might have created multiplie universes if they exist.

But some folks cant even grasp the concept of our one Abrahamic God ruling beyond Earth.

A certain evangelical WP member, who was also into space travel as a subject, was quite upset with his fellow Evangelicals because he said that many believed that that you cant become an astronaut , and venture into space, because if you did that ...you might miss out on the Rapture!

They believe that...if you're destined to be "raptured up" in the first place (because you're one of faithful elect)but you happened to part of crew of an interstellar space ship, like in star trek, when the Rapture occurs back here on Earth then...you're outta luck! And you wont get raptured!

Funniest thing I have ever heard.

Supposedly when the rapture happens airline pilots will just be...sucked out of the cockpit to meet god...with everyone else dying the resulting plane crash. So if you're on the bridge of the Starship Enterprise five hundred lightyears from Earth then...there is nothing stopping God from just snatching you away...right then and right from there ....in mid sentence while you're talking to Spock and Kirk- and the same moment all of folks on earth would get Raptured! Because, presumably, God rules all of this Universe at least. :lol:

Tomatoes
Toucan
Toucan

01 Dec 2020, 10:06 am

naturalplastic wrote:
Funniest thing I have ever heard.

naturalplastic wrote:
Supposedly when the rapture happens airline pilots will just be...sucked out of the cockpit to meet god...with everyone else dying the resulting plane crash. So if you're on the bridge of the Starship Enterprise five hundred lightyears from Earth then...there is nothing stopping God from just snatching you away...right then and right from there ....in mid sentence while you're talking to Spock and Kirk- and the same moment all of folks on earth would get Raptured! Because, presumably, God rules all of this Universe at least. :lol:

In French, Universe can remind some of Unis vers... quelque part. Or in English, a Verse of what ?

Okay, so, I just read about this famous Rapture, on Wikipedia. My personal belief ?
We humans are plants ! We are like dandelions in higher dimensions. After we flourish, seeds, so going up in the airs in the Univers to polemize other fields of growth (planets with water, of course).

Go decide.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2020, 10:17 am

I am confused.
Are you saying that we...

"pollinate" other universes?

Or that we

"polymerize" other universes?

Tomatoes
Toucan
Toucan

01 Dec 2020, 10:53 am

naturalplastic wrote:
I am confused.

Or that we

Yes, pollinate. I don't want to create a polemic here.
( but I al feeling that for Venus, you need polymers more than metal, to continue to explore it )

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2020, 11:36 am

naturalplastic wrote:
I am confused.

Or that we

We actually pollute, even space.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2020, 11:56 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:
I am confused.

Or that we

We actually pollute, even space.

Thats true. There are zillions of pieces of man made stuff in low earth orbit.

But, as the late great Mayor Daley of Chicago once said "we will move to higher and higher platitudes of achievement". So we will probably also "polemicize" the universe too! Lol!

ElabR8Aspie
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

01 Dec 2020, 3:54 pm

After turning my back on this system and searching and researching spiritually for more meaning to life 5yrs ago,

I found all that is required is a quiet inner knowing nor any need for answers on the unknown.

A child doesn't question and the world through there eyes,is magical.

Belief systems,reading,studying,to try and find answers to the unknown,

just keeps the mind in the loop and always on the go.

Along with a quiet inner knowing,also required is a quiet mind.

And or in control or watchful and mindful when the internal scripts begin to play.

A quiet mind,an empty cup,the holy grail.

The gateway to the higher mind and the truth,

where by 'no effort' relaying/speaking the truth from the higher mind.

Judaism or any other belief system,is just that,a belief.
A belief system that keeps the mind on loop and replay,
to no end.

Practice doing nothing and see how the lower mind works,
and controls your current existence.

Stop the clock and just watch.

Tomatoes
Toucan
Toucan

07 Dec 2020, 8:02 am

If Zionism is Israel nationalism. And if Quebec nationalism mean separatism from the rest of Canada, then, explain this, please :

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2020, 10:31 am

Tomatoes wrote:
If Zionism is Israel nationalism. And if Quebec nationalism mean separatism from the rest of Canada, then, explain this, please :

Explain what?

The flags of Chile and Texas are more alike than that.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2020, 10:41 am

Tomatoes wrote:

Explain what, exactly?

Two blue-and-white flags, one with quadrilateral symmetry (nearly so), and the other with bilateral symmetry...

... so what?

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2020, 12:02 pm

Tomatoes wrote:

Tomatoes
Toucan
Toucan

07 Dec 2020, 2:29 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
Tomatoes wrote:

Explain what?

English is not my first language, but would it be preferable to say here "Explains what ?" instead ?

The first Quebec flag was the Sacré=Coeur flag without the middle Heart. Then prime minister of Quebec chose it, from what Québec was very Catholic at the time. There's still a lot of Catholics in Quebec. Om Montreal it's very multiethnic, mais passons.

I don't want to develop here. My efforts and energy are more focused on other things at this time of the day. But, something more for you : did you know about the 1912 war ? The Americans tried to liberate Quebec from the British Empire ! !

More to come, I need to recharge my batteries first.

Quote:
The flags of Chile and Texas are more alike than that.

First degree symbolism. Quebec and Israel are more alike than Chile and Texas. Israel got their country first. Quebec is overdue.

One last thing. I hope the Quebec people will understand that being a nation (Quebec was officially recognized a nation by the previous prime minister), they cannot just live in a YOLO way and pretend that science is the true form of the universe. The technologies exists, and the Covid-19 is good in a way : it responsabilise a lot of people in Occident who were careless and hedonistic otherwise.

I'm starting to believe that I am a Zionist. But I feel there's more to do, that there's still hope for things to improve in Quebec/ For example, the current prime minister of Quebec cancelled the gatherings for the 25th of December (officially : Covid-19). But we all know that Jesus Christ wasn't born a 25th of December, right ? And...this holiday has become a party to buy stupid stuff, to consume for no reason (hedonism) and to stupidly make the economy run. (the real purpose of 'economy' is is NOT to spend money!) So... the people who 'chialent' against the government's rule about this next Christmas just DON'T CARE about the signification of this holiday. Why are they celebrating something they don't even care about ? They don't like their job ? They are just following other sheeps ?
Where is Abel when we most need her ? (because I suppose she was a woman )

Last edited by Tomatoes on 07 Dec 2020, 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.