Page 2 of 3 [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2020, 2:40 pm

Sometimes, it is better to not make a statement when you are unprepared to explain or defend it.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Tomatoes
Toucan
Toucan

07 Dec 2020, 2:53 pm

Fnord wrote:
Sometimes, it is better to not make a statement when you are unprepared to explain or defend it.

It's not about not being prepared, it's about not having the time right now for it. I said it already.

This is not an exam, we are not in a school. What's the specific statement you are alluding to ?

What's the problem here ?

What, you wasn't ME to be your teacher ? We are not in a school ? What do you think of Kamala Harris and her secondary school graduation in Montreal, then ???

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2020, 3:10 pm

Tomatoes wrote:
It's not about not being prepared, it's about not having the time right now for it. I said it already. This is not an exam, we are not in a school. What's the specific statement you are alluding to? What's the problem here? What, you wasn't ME to be your teacher? We are not in a school? What do you think of Kamala Harris and her secondary school graduation in Montreal, then???
What the heck are you going on about?

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

madbutnotmad
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2020, 3:36 pm

Personally, I do not put my faith into a theory that is not provable with evidence, in what ever form that may come.
I am agnostic but optimistic in terms of the probable outcome.

I guess, if i were completely honest, I would have to say that i simply can't say for sure.
I would argue that this is perhaps the most logical perspective, although, in all fairness, i can not speak for any other sentient being in existence, as surely only they know what they experience.

I also would argue that just because i experience what i believe to be evidence, I may very well be mistaken.
So I can only go on my own memories and what I experience at the time.

That said, sure, parallel universes are possible. Many things could be possible. But without evidence that can be observed by the many, how can any evidence be proven.

The logic then suggests that if there is a Creator/s (which ever name/s you wish to attribute to him/her/them etc), he/she/they have decided to remain anonymous, mysterious and illusive to at least us gross material beings of mundane existence.

If this is true, this does not mean that the Jewish faith or any others perception of the Creator is incorrect, at least not entirely.

I personally think that God is made of truth and goodness in its truest form, and the only way that sentient beings get to experience the bliss that is God is by practising a spiritual path that changes our nature so that we are of the same nature as of God, i.e. truth, goodness, and detached from this world.

Buddhist Yogi's who follow the Dzogchen path of Tibetan Buddhism are known to go into dark retreats for long periods of time, with this specific goal in mind. Even though Buddhism does not put faith in God, they do believe in states of consciousness that perhaps could equal to that of God or at least merging with God or our "natural state".

I think i personally Dzogchen is the closest to a belief that is real.
But has to be experienced to be believed.

Dzogchen experiment. if you are interested. The following experiment is supposed to simulate what Dzogchen Buddhism call the natural state, of the white light realm state.

Close your eyes, scrunch them up tight, Then take your index finger and thumb on one hand and push your eye balls into their sockets for 20 seconds or so.

You should experience a type of trippy visual that is almost like a white light realm, perhaps a little more psychedelic.
Apparently this exercise is something that is taught by Tulka's who are qualified to teach Dzogchen Buddhism.

The 13th Dalai Lama is included in this linage.

As for Judaism, i like the righteousness of the Jewish religion. I like honesty, justice, being faithful, decent, protecting the innocent and poor etc. Yes. a fine religion. I find some of the magical beliefs associated with the religion a bit confusing.

I hope they get the messiah they have so long waited for, and Jehovah, Yahweh etc. Keeps his word.

Tomatoes
Toucan
Toucan

07 Dec 2020, 4:00 pm

madbutnotmad wrote:
As for Judaism, i like the righteousness of the Jewish religion. I like honesty, justice, being faithful, decent, protecting the innocent and poor etc. Yes. a fine religion. I find some of the magical beliefs associated with the religion a bit confusing.

I hope they get the messiah they have so long waited for, and Jehovah, Yahweh etc. Keeps his word.

YI am not a good Jew, then. I got lost and corrupted by [them]. I need to find a new path, since the previous path is lost. There was misunderstanding on both sied of the fence, I am sure and certain of that.

For the messiah, I can't pronounce. But I hope we find out soon if there is New Jerusalem for this time.

As for [them], they didn't expect that outcome. Good ! Wasn't right to infiltrate the good people. Fine people are correct. But bad and jealous people, no way !

Personally, I am not a jealous person by nature. But if I get attacked too much, and can't heal properly, I may become envious seeing other beings getting ang getting better in health and feelings while I am falling and falling. I didn't not play the role of God. And never intended to, but sadly, some people misattributed to me roles I didn't have nor wanted nor had the capability to play.

Jealous people tried to abuse and their envy was their fall. I was not, and still am not one of them. And I will never be one of them.

y understanding is that the main error they did was to perceive in me a superiority complex I did not have in reality. And they did not even know I really had "magical powers". So, bye bye ciao.

Don't know what to say more. And also, I am not from this solar system.

madbutnotmad
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2020, 4:04 pm

Sorry for double posting.

However, if approaching the Abrahamic religions as a logic puzzle, and taking into consideration at least the first five books of the old testament, allegedly written by Moses, aka the Pentateuch.

I would say that the issue between mankind and God (Jehovah, Yahweh etc.) is that we broke his rules! Disobeying his simple laws, do not eat from the tree of knowledge. We got too clever and became arrogant, as if we were equal or better than God. So, God (Jehovah, Yahweh etc.) decided to punish mankind and chuck us out of the garden of Eden, and thus we have been living in misery as mortals ever since.

So what is the answer to this issue?

Well, I would say that following logic, in order to appease God (Jehovah, Yahweh), what we need to do as his creations, is to repent and stop doing all the naughty things we do and then keep his law.

By doing so, we will become not God, but compatible to be in God's presence, as to be honest, as we are.
We are filthy disgusting things not fit to defile God by being around him. We need to stop our law breaking and keep the law, first so long as we become compatible with God, but then forever, so that we don't get chucked out of the Garden of Eden once again.

The Law is what we need to keep, not only rigidly, as a robot, but with true emotion, compassion, selflessness etc.
This is how to re-enter into the garden of Eden, this is how to return to the sacred Source, so as to make ourselves fit to be in Gods presence. This is a life long (if not many life times endeavour that can not be brought or borrowed, or even awarded if you are a king, queen or celebrity). The ticket to God, is through living the life sincerely, the mind of truth, compassion, justice and righteousness.

Once that is accepted, then all we need to do after that is get the rest of the sentient beings on the universe to also practice the same holy life and we will have it cracked..... lol (not an easy achievement even for one, let alone the entire sentient existence)...

That is what i believe the answer the Jewish people search for but not an easy pill to swallow.

"Wouldn't it be far easier just to get some poor sod to say he will give us a ticket to heaven if we simply ask him for one?...." doh! (no offence to Christians etc.) just a perspective

madbutnotmad
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2020, 4:11 pm

Tomatoes wrote:

y understanding is that the main error they did was to perceive in me a superiority complex I did not have in reality. And they did not even know I really had "magical powers". So, bye bye ciao.

Don't know what to say more. And also, I am not from this solar system.

Sorry, I don't believe in people having "magic powers", although i do believe some people have convinced themselves that they have, this usually indicates serious mental illness.

As for not being from this solar system, I am afraid I am a doubtful soul, who has never met anyone from any other planet but this one (at least knowingly). Again, as with the parallel universe theory, in order to gain any credibility to such claims, you really need to be able to prove using evidence that your words are truthful.

Without evidence that can convince me and others of your claims, I am afraid your claims will be dismissed as either proof that you are a rascal making up nonsense for fun, to annoy or to wind us up, or you actually believe what you are saying and you are in fact a very ill person in deed and in need to see a psychiatrist.

May I wish you well on this occassion.

ElabR8Aspie
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

Tomatoes
Toucan
Toucan

07 Dec 2020, 4:23 pm

madbutnotmad wrote:
Sorry, I don't believe in people having "magic powers", although i do believe some people have convinced themselves that they have, this usually indicates serious mental illness.

As for not being from this solar system, I am afraid I am a doubtful soul, who has never met anyone from any other planet but this one (at least knowingly). Again, as with the parallel universe theory, in order to gain any credibility to such claims, you really need to be able to prove using evidence that your words are truthful.

Without evidence that can convince me and others of your claims, I am afraid your claims will be dismissed as either proof that you are a rascal making up nonsense for fun, to annoy or to wind us up, or you actually believe what you are saying and you are in fact a very ill person in deed and in need to see a psychiatrist.

May I wish you well on this occassion.

Then, okay, you don't believe me then you don't believe me. I have nothing left to prove to you. Those who know knows. I used the term "magical powers" because you used it and I thought I could bond with you on this controversial issue. Anecdote :for a time, pretending having psychic powers was a cue the psychiatrists used for diagnosing people with schizophrenia. Not anymore for reasons that seems to allude you.

I don't claim the truth, I don't pretend. If you are annoyed by what I am writing here, and you then qattach to the source of your emotion the pretention that you know my own motivations, then I guess that you haven't found God yey...

"I've got nothing left to prove" -- Even In His Youth - Nirvana

"Light my candles in a daze
'Cause I've found God" -- Lithium- Nirvana

Even In His Youth is about someone stuck in a reincarnation loop.
Lithium may be about bipolarity disorder.

Good riddance.

ElabR8Aspie
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2020, 6:40 pm

It is..."explain WHAT?".

Not "explains what?".

You were inviting us all to give an explanation for something by saying "explain this".

My response was to point out that: there is nothing there to explain. No mystery. So I responded by saying "explain what?"

That is to say "I dont see what it is that you want me to explain".

Tomatoes
Toucan
Toucan

07 Dec 2020, 7:38 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
It is..."explain WHAT?".

Not "explains what?".

You were inviting us all to give an explanation for something by saying "explain this".

My response was to point out that: there is nothing there to explain. No mystery. So I responded by saying "explain what?"

That is to say "I dont see what it is that you want me to explain".

Okay, then. The "explains what" was about me "wrongly" thinking that it was my comment that did not explain anything. But now I understand that your "explain" was à l'impératif.

My hypothesis os that then prime minister of Quebec Maurice Duplessis chose the Sacré-Coeur flag as a basis for Quebec's flag to show how religious (and Catholic) Quebec was then. Don't forget that the savior Jesus Christ is also considered the messiah.

Because Israel is important for the Catholics, it was normal for Quebec to have a flag with some similar cues to the one Israel chose for it's State.

On the Quebec-s flag, there's a white cross, and the four fleur-de-lys are an old French symbol for the royalty. Topologically you can transform a fleur-de-lys to a cross. FUn fact : a cross with the right proportion will make a cube when folded...

Blue became th color of Quebec...

Révolution tranquille : exit the Catholic church. Now QUebec want to become a county..

Now, in 2020, Quebec is at a crossroad : becoming a county, the 51th state of the USA, or staying in Canada. The choice may not be collective this time. Last time there was a referendum, corruption gave a 50/50 result.

I find Israel inspiring, and should be a great source of inspiration for Qubec. Hélas. :|

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2020, 1:29 am

Well...Quebec is a cultural remnant of the French Empire of North America. The Brits beat France in the Seven Years War, and took over North America.

Part of French identity is Catholicism (as opposed to Protestantism). Anglophone North America (the USA and Canada)are mostly Protestant. So its like Catholicism in Ireland. A badge of defiance to the oppressor.

But Israel is the place where all the stories of the Bible take place. The place is important in every branch of Christianity (and Judaism, and Islam, as well). Not just Catholicism. And in fact US style Evangelical Protestants are the most obsessed with Israel as a modern nation state, and as modern cause. Much more than are Catholics. That because the American style Fundies are often believers in the End Times and the Rapture, and all of the supposedly prophesized events that will happen in the Holy Land. So I dont get what this connection between Catholicism and Israel you're talking about is.

Quebec is like countless other ethnic regions of the World that chafe under the rule of a central government dominated by another ethnic group: Uighers, and Tibetans, Kurds, Basques, etc. The Basques and the Breton both yearn to be free of Paris. I dont see any particular similarity between Quebec and Israel. The closest analogue to Israel in North America would be Mormon Utah ( ie as a place of refuge that was set up by refugees who moved there from abroad).

Last edited by naturalplastic on 08 Dec 2020, 2:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

ElabR8Aspie
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

08 Dec 2020, 1:48 am

naturalplastic wrote:
But Israel is the 'setting' of the Old Testament.

From many 'one eyers' as you've correctly pointed out.

One setting is fixation,

there are many.

gates

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2020, 2:55 am

ElabR8Aspie wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:
But Israel is the 'setting' of the Old Testament.

From many 'one eyers' as you've correctly pointed out.

One setting is fixation,

there are many.

gates

Could you translate this into human language please?

I used the word "setting" to mean "the place where a story takes place". I am not sure how you are using the word.

ElabR8Aspie
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

08 Dec 2020, 3:15 am

naturalplastic wrote:

Could you translate this into human language please?

I used the word "setting" to mean "the place where a story takes place". I am not sure how you are using the word.

Why?

Is this a means to finding what you can't find.

Work it out,i can't add anything more,that you can't find.

It's up everyone,including yourself.