Who is the most evil person in world history?

Page 2 of 3 [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Who do you think that is?
Adolf Hitler 33%  33%  [ 4 ]
Joseph Stalin 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Pol Pot 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Idi Amin 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Mao Zedong 33%  33%  [ 4 ]
Genghis Khan 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Vlad Dracula 8%  8%  [ 1 ]
Heinrich Himmler 17%  17%  [ 2 ]
Other 8%  8%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 12

GGPViper
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2020, 6:24 pm

Although I have already chosen Mao, I noticed that Emperor Hirohito is not even an option in the poll.

... and neither Pol Pot nor Idi Amin came close to the atrocities carried out by Imperial Japan during the Second Sino-Japanese War and WWII.

Hirohito might ultimately be responsible for more deaths than Hitler or Stalin, respectively, although these deaths have likely been under-reported due to Japan's status as a Western ally after WWII and the long period of almost constant chaos in China (where most of Japan's victims lived) during the 20th century.

Deltaville
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2020, 6:37 pm

GGPViper wrote:
Although I have already chosen Mao, I noticed that Emperor Hirohito is not even an option in the poll.

... and neither Pol Pot nor Idi Amin came close to the atrocities carried out by Imperial Japan during the Second Sino-Japanese War and WWII.

Hirohito might ultimately be responsible for more deaths than Hitler or Stalin, respectively, although these deaths have likely been under-reported due to Japan's status as a Western ally after WWII and the long period of almost constant chaos in China (where most of Japan's victims lived) during the 20th century.

You are right!

You are correct that the Japanese conquest of Manchuria was a bloodshed driven by Hirohito for absolutely no reason other than mere subjugation. If you include the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbour and the futile resistance of the Japanese armed forces until Hiroshima and Nagasaki, then probably you would accumulate a comparable number of casualties to Hitler or Stalin.

"Don't forget to floss." - Darkwing Duck

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2020, 6:44 pm

With regard to the list, I'll go with Mao due to sheer body count, and because he got away with it. But I agree, Hirohito is vastly overlooked as a mass murderer, probably because he had never been brought to justice, and indeed purposely had never been prosecuted by the allies, while his henchmen paid the price for his crimes.

Deltaville
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2020, 7:03 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
With regard to the list, I'll go with Mao due to sheer body count, and because he got away with it. But I agree, Hirohito is vastly overlooked as a mass murderer, probably because he had never been brought to justice, and indeed purposely had never been prosecuted by the allies, while his henchmen paid the price for his crimes.

ikr

"Don't forget to floss." - Darkwing Duck

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2020, 7:49 pm

Adolph Hitler and Margaret Sanger. Hitler wanted to wipe out Jews, Gays, gypsies, the mentally ill and handicapped German people. He wasn't even German and he took over Germany and the world. Margaret Sanger wanted to wipe out the black race and people with disabilities. How did those two sour grapes sleep at night?

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2020, 7:52 pm

Louis f****n' Cyphre :twisted:

"If you stick a knife in my back 9 inches and pull it out 6 inches, there's no progress. If you pull it all the way out, that's not progress. The progress is healing the wound that the blow made... and they won't even admit the knife is there." Malcolm X
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2020, 8:47 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
Louis f****n' Cyphre :twisted:

Ah, yes! I saw Angel Heart way back when it first played in the theater.

StayFrosty
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2020, 10:10 pm

All of them were POS's.

StayFrosty
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2020, 10:16 pm

GGPViper wrote:

What the Japanese Army did in China and Korea, It's understandable why Japan is still disliked. Today's Japanese are not the same as the old generation. Japan is a pretty cool country from what I have seen online and been told. China and Korea seem interesting.

MushroomPrincess
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

20 Dec 2020, 6:11 am

Martin Luther.

Because protestant "theology" is the great great grandfather of capitalism, the most vicious and predatory ideology to ever scar the face of our Planet.

Aspiegaming
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2020, 1:30 pm

Everything these monsters have done are nothing compared to the atrocities of monsters yet to come. History will surprise us.

If my darkness or eccentricness offends you, I don't really care.

I will not apologize for being me.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2020, 6:46 pm

MushroomPrincess wrote:
Martin Luther.

Because protestant "theology" is the great great grandfather of capitalism, the most vicious and predatory ideology to ever scar the face of our Planet.

Capitalism in fact predated the Reformation. And Luther himself had a low opinion of capitalism. It was actually calvinism that had embraced capitalism.

old_comedywriter
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2020, 7:05 pm

Thanos and the Xindi.

Udinaas
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2020, 8:58 pm

Either Fred Koch or Rupert Murdoch. The long-term consequences of their actions could easily kill more people than anyone on this list.

TwisterUprocker
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

21 Dec 2020, 12:14 am

Tossup between Amon Goeth, Reinhardt Heinrich, and Joseph Mengele

roronoa79
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2020, 8:32 am

Goebbels is a noticable omission. But you could put so many Nazis on this list.

Major non-western example:
Emperor Qin Shi Huang - first emperor of united Qin China. A ruthless tyrant who forced thousands of peasants into slavery in his massive building projects, overtaxed the people into abject poverty, carried out a huge campaign of bookburning that caused a loss of countless pre-Qin literature, history, and philosophy, and executed scholars en masse. Kind of like an ancient Pol Pot? His dynasty outlived him only by a few years because of how despised he was.

Other dishonorable mentions:
Kim Il Sung and his successors
Nero
Caligula
Saddam Hussein
Francisco Franco
Leopold II of Belgium
Maximilien Robespierre
Marquis de Sade
Shiro Ishii (director of Unit 731)
Elizabeth Bathory
Talat Pasha (Armenian genocide)
Tomas Torquemada (Spanish Inquisitor)
Chiang Kai-Shek (gets overshadowed by Mao)
Herman Cortes
Francisco Pizarro
Timur the Lame (Tamerlane)
Andrew Jackson (needed a token American in here somewhere)
Any number of Nazis and their collaborators
Any number of serial killers

Δυνατὰ δὲ οἱ προύχοντες πράσσουσι καὶ οἱ ἀσθενεῖς ξυγχωροῦσιν.
Those with power do what their power permits, and the weak can only acquiesce.

- Thucydides