Job Opening(s): Legal defence team for orange man

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2021, 9:50 am

https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/30/politics ... index.html

Seems they all fired themselves. Oh darn. What next? Public defender gets assigned?

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2021, 11:17 am

I will take the job for free.

How does the following statement sound to you?

"Your Honor, if it pleases the court, I am entering a plea of 'Not guilty by reason of impaired mental function' on behalf of my client."

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2021, 12:59 pm

As I understand it ...since its an impeachment, and not a criminal case, proving that he was loosing his marbles would be pointless. They are only trying to bar him from running for future public office, not send him to jail. So if you prove he is senile or crazy - that would be just as much reason to bar him from running for office as him being a traitor. :lol:

But yes...if it were a criminal case then that might well be a good tactic. Suggesting that he was either always a bit off, or that he is lately now descending into senility, or some combo of both. That would be both medically plausible, and legally effective to show impairment of his judgement of right from wrong. But Trump is probably like Ted Kozinski, and Dylann Roof. Too egotistical to allow his lawyers to use that kind of defense.

GGPViper
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2021, 1:36 pm

Vladimir Putin actually has a law degree...

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2021, 2:39 pm

Fnord wrote:
I will take the job for free.

How does the following statement sound to you?

"Your Honor, if it pleases the court, I am entering a plea of 'Not guilty by reason of impaired mental function' on behalf of my client."

Far too kind.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2021, 4:21 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
Fnord wrote:
I will take the job for free.  How does the following statement sound to you?  "Your Honor, if it pleases the court, I am entering a plea of 'Not guilty by reason of impaired mental function' on behalf of my client."
Far too kind.
Well then, consider the following:

1) Trump wanted the attorneys to argue there was mass election fraud and that the election was stolen from him rather than focus on the legality of convicting a president after he's left office.

2) Any defense attorney holds a broad obligation to represent his or her client zealously; but there are limits on what a defense attorney can argue.  For example, per the American Bar Association, it would be unethical for any attorney to raise an argument "that he knows to be false" -- the "rigged election" narrative certainly fits that description.

3) The attorneys had not been paid any advance fees and a letter of intent was never signed.

Source:
This CNN Article

Trump's defense team was savvy enough to NOT commit to representing him in court before finding out how he wanted his defense mounted.  Once the found out that Trump wanted the hearings to focus solely on his fallacious claims of an allegedly "stolen" election, they walked away.

Trump is so obsessed with overturning the last presidential election -- despite the fact that every suit brought to court so far has been thrown out -- that he is willing to risk being his own lawyer or mounting no defense at all merely to push what is essentially a "dead" claim.

"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results each time." -- attributed to an unknown Alcoholics Anonymous attendee.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2021, 4:36 pm

Fnord wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
Fnord wrote:
I will take the job for free.  How does the following statement sound to you?  "Your Honor, if it pleases the court, I am entering a plea of 'Not guilty by reason of impaired mental function' on behalf of my client."
Far too kind.
Well then, consider the following:

1) Trump wanted the attorneys to argue there was mass election fraud and that the election was stolen from him rather than focus on the legality of convicting a president after he's left office.

2) Any defense attorney holds a broad obligation to represent his or her client zealously; but there are limits on what a defense attorney can argue.  For example, per the American Bar Association, it would be unethical for any attorney to raise an argument "that he knows to be false" -- the "rigged election" narrative certainly fits that description.

3) The attorneys had not been paid any advance fees and a letter of intent was never signed.

Source:
This CNN Article

Trump's defense team was savvy enough to NOT commit to representing him in court before finding out how he wanted his defense mounted.  Once the found out that Trump wanted the hearings to focus solely on his fallacious claims of an allegedly "stolen" election, they walked away.

Trump is so obsessed with overturning the last presidential election -- despite the fact that every suit brought to court so far has been thrown out -- that he is willing to risk being his own lawyer or mounting no defense at all merely to push what is essentially a "dead" claim.

"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results each time." -- attributed to an unknown Alcoholics Anonymous attendee.

As much as I would prefer colloquialisms to describe his mental state ("Dude's batshit fkn crazy!"), upon further analysis and consideration of your proposal & the constraints of the judicial system..

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2021, 4:59 pm

Thank you, your Honour.  The defenses rests.

(My lifetime membership at Mar-A-Lago is secured!)

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2021, 5:09 pm

lol speaking of mar-a-lago (I'm not that lazy, btw, it's just that nothing associated with the orange guy is worthy or deserving of capitalization - especially his name.) I kinda hope that as his property empire comes crashing down that it's the crown jewel of properties that somehow tips the scales and makes things unravel.. not sure how exactly, I just think it's funny that the US Government decided that it was too expensive for them to own & maintain and somehow some guy who's been bankrupt several times and squandered his inherited fortune was somehow going to figure out how to maintain it and make money at it. lol yeah right - nice try, I guess, but even nicer to watch him lose it. 8)