Page 3 of 4 [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2021, 1:32 pm

i LiVE iN Trump Town USA; i Grew Up With
The First Baptist Bully Boys Whose Big Daddies
Told Their Sons, Boys Who Smile And Cry Are 'Queer'...

Sure, my Big Daddy Left at 3, i Escaped IT... Most of THAT 'STUFF'...
Military Dude Law Enforcement Suited Up Tight Without
A Smile For 46 Years of Service; He Bought the Kool-Aid
of the Grand Illusion of America the
Big C Capitalism That Dryly
Speaks God Is

Money and

Stuff, Yet "You'll"

Never Find Happy

Yes God Love Within Free

Giving Sharing With All

Working Together Freer

Just Naked Smiling Crying

When Grief Comes to Heal

Avoiding Heart-Attacks Before

50 in an Insurrection Playing

To A King Who Understands All

Your Socio-Economic Perceived Weaknesses Playing You

To Make A Faustian Deal With You, You Just Will Not Refuse

For It's True By Now My Same Peers Are 60 Similar, Like 'that Dude'

Sitting Broke-in the Capital; Don't Know His Personal Life; Yet Imagining

A Huge 4-Wheel Drive With A Car Mortgage Sitting In Front of A Trailer

Paid-Off; Yet Still With A Family of 6 Supporting Them Spiced With Tears

in a Beer Divorced

Alone with

3-X-Wives or So

Perhaps Yes Still

Supporting A Camper

And Boat Never Used

Just No Time Supporting

That With Two Jobs Now too...

Intelligence of the Breathing

Soul; Yes, SPiRiT of the

HeART Comes First

Yes By God

i Understand The 'GRoot', The Living

Dead Tree; The Truth of The Trump Malaise...

If 'You' Don't Understand This Originates in A Book

That Holds Hands With Church and State Minions

Following Demagogues Same

You Don't

Understand

Jesus's Real Name

Is Trump Way Down

Here in Southern Deep State ways...

i Don't Just Live in an Ivory Tower...

i've Danced With the Devil Fully Exposed in the Pale Moonlight....

Yet 'You' See, 'They kept

AsKinG For my Help',

i Simply

Did what

They Asked

And As Expected

It Failed Again; It is up

To Each PerSon, to Save THeir Love For LiVE iNHeReNT...

All Trump Had to Do Is Dress Them Up in His Mirror to See....

Oldest Story

At Least

2000 Years

Old, the Old Testament

God Still Breathing IN Suits and Golden Robes

Living in Golden Towers; Cathedrals Temples; Worshipping

'Stuff' 'out THere'....

Never

to Truly

Master

Give and Share Free Yes This Love WiTHiN'

Yes, This Verb, This Love This God; Just Naked Free Wind Free...

Way Too Many CuLTuRaL Clothes For Most Folks to Find in Deep State South Ways...

This much
i've Seen

of this

Place HeaR...

This Place once
Literally Named
Hell; Yet You See

It's Always

A Place

Within

Multiplied by Ignorance Blind...

i Feel Terribly Sad For These Trump-

Bible-Sold-Folks; i Verily And Surely Hope This Last

Trump Faustian Play Wakes them up to Love Within to Give and Share

Free With

Worth

More

Than

Ignorance

In Lies, in Lies so Old, so Very Dusty and
Old, Covers And Pages in Books Sold for Death of Soul....

iN Only Literal
Black and White
Dead Print...

Yet True No
ReaSon to Lie
As A Participant
Observer Anthropologist

This Last 4 Years Truly Fascinating DarK Thru LiGHT Has Helped to Generate
Quite A Massive Body of Evidence From Research Still GRoWinG iNDeed...

TRuE Real Devils Birth DarK And LiGHT

A Bigger Surprise is always

When DarK Becomes LiGHT

It's Possible

Some Days

Ya See

The Capital

Of Money Attacked and

Ironically And Not Suprisingly

A LioN of Love Starts To Breathe Again for Real...

Understand

How Old

And New

And Deep And

Yes Shallow This

Story Still Breathes...

Or Don't...

i Am Just

Here to Record

'Your' Story.... Again....

'Na Na Na Na Na, oh Yeah, Hey Yeah'

And One Day i too Will 'Say Goodbye' Again..

As We Surely All Will Don't Just Buy IT ALL LoSinG A SouL

Leave Leaves

Fertilize Beyond....

All The Stuff, All the 'Stuff'...

Trailer And Camper Rotting in a Back Yard of Soul....

Back

Door Shut....

As It All Goes Dark....

IT's Terribly Sad; Yes, Truly

Sad A Whole 'Big Lots' Some of Us...

To Be Clear 'Big Lots' Is Just Another

Store Folks Go to, Down South, to Fill (Feel) Their Double

Car Garages Up With Walmart Stuff they Never Use

Until A

Garage

Sale Comes

to Sell Another

Faustian Deal Bought Before...

This Beast, This Faustian 'Deep

South State Beast'... Still Breathes...

Gravatar is one of the coolest things ever!! !

http://en.gravatar.com/katiemiafrederick

uncommondenominator
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2021, 2:06 pm

Fnord wrote:
uncommondenominator wrote:
I'm going to need more popcorn if I'm going to keep watching all the trump boot lickers suddenly cough up the big orange foot they swallowed and act like they have no idea where it came from or who's it is.
They will also have to cough up all that Trumptastic™ Kool-Aid they have been drinking all these years.

Nah, they'll just slap a different label on it and pretend it's something totally new. It was fun for many, I'm sure, getting to publicly drink Bigot-Cola while trump was in power, but now they'll have to go back to the whiskey-in-the-tea-cup method of covertly enjoying their favorite flavors of fascism.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2021, 2:11 pm

Fnord wrote:
I'm going to need more popcorn if I'm going to keep watching all the trump boot lickers suddenly cough up the big orange foot they swallowed and act like they have no idea where it came from or who's it is.
They will also have to cough up all that Trumptastic™ Kool-Aid they have been drinking all these years.

Nah, they'll just slap a different label on it and pretend it's something totally new. It was fun for many, I'm sure, getting to publicly drink Bigot-Cola while trump was in power, but now they'll have to go back to the whiskey-in-the-tea-cup method of covertly enjoying their favorite flavors of fascism.

I wouldn't count on it. This might be the moment the far-right jumps the shark and stops pretending to be anything but fascist.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2021, 2:14 pm

Fnord wrote:
"Donny-John's Tonic: The traditional drink of Real Americans since 1946!" -- Republican Ministry of Truth

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2021, 2:42 pm

magz wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Anyone who voted for Trump, wears a MAGA hat, or sports a Trump bumper-sticker on their vehicle has already lost every argument they will ever have with me.
Is this the definition of "Partisanship"?  "My way or the highway"?
Gee, I do not know ... why do you not ask your buddy Donald "You're Fired" Trump?
Voting Trump in 2016 may have happened for a number of reasons, not least of them being Hillary.
Supporting Trump now - in my opinion, it's likely to be an example of loyalty over better judgement.
Which is not that rare, unfortunately.

No, supporting Trump IMO means they are either stupid and uneducated or they are a racist white supremist. I am not surprised that even half of them are even Holocaust deniers. I am not surprised that even Republicans are turning against Trump and are now separating themselves from Trump Lovers. They won't even call them Republican's or conservatives anymore because they brought too much shame to their name. Same reason why Germany created the Nazi Germany label to separate themselves from that party. Same will be done with trump Lovers. They will have their own party and label, not be called conservatives anymore nor republicans. They have brought shame to those two labels.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2021, 10:16 pm

I really don't get wokeness. I confess that I'm a little butt hurt that Trump lost.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2021, 3:59 pm

In the week or so since I wrote the OP I have read a number of columns from conservatives ranging from never Trumpers to people who were Trumpers until he “went too far” a week ago :roll: that all agreed with my conclusions.

We have observed it happening especially with cancel culture. First twitter, then Parlor, and Banks not giving money. So far it is has been mostly limited to truly seditious elements that are hard to argue against cancelling. But I am pretty confident the wokes won’t stop there. The Trumpers and those complicit just handed cancel culture supporters the propaganda equivalent of a nuclear bomb. The wokes would be derelict if they did not use this gift. One of the columnists wrote something that really struck me she said the woke supporters now have the moral high ground. ATM Marxists have the moral high ground. I can’t argue with that, ATM the people who think because you are white you are racist have the moral high ground. I can’t argue with that. ATM the people who want to control the language you would use, have you fired for agreeing with some of Trump’s policies have the moral high ground. I can’t argue with that.

Moral high ground to a very low bar. How are they going to deplatform 35+ percent of the American population?

To a person like me who is anti woke and anti cancel culture most of 2020 was pretty depressing. The wokes were winning at lightning speed. As I mentioned in an earlier thread opposing the woke wave felt like the boy trying to stop the dike from collapsing by putting his fingers in the holes. But there was hope. The voters in an apparent backlash nominated and elected Biden and Democrates lost seats. It seemed at least the worst of wokeness was going to be checked.

The Trumpers and those complicit blew it all up. Who is owned now? That is on you Trumpers.

The answer to the question I posed earlier is you can not deplatform 35+ percent of America. wokes will overreach and there will probably a backlash that checks the woke agenda. But until that time the damage will be really bad and some of it irreversible. the cure might be worse then the disease, who knows it might mean President Don Jr.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2021, 4:12 pm

It's good the wokes are winning, white supremacy needs to end.

Trump is being cancelled, good. That is what he gets for trying to rule our country and take over the government. What is wrong with not wanting nothing to do with him? How pitiful it took him to do this for everyone to finally drop him. Parler got dropped because they allowed violence and attacks to be planned. They may have to move to the dark web but remember, the FBI also go there to catch criminal activity.

If you are against woke culture, what are you? A white supremist? What's wrong with wanting to give minorities equal rights and have things be fair?

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2021, 4:38 pm

League_Girl wrote:
If you are against woke culture, what are you? A white supremist? What's wrong with wanting to give minorities equal rights and have things be fair?

It might mean you are a white supremacist. It does not equate to being a white supremacist. It might mean you do not like overcorrection, think fighting racism with racism is bad, think putting supremacists back in their parents basement is bad because it makes harder to track the really bad people, think people should not be fired for stupid opinions (as compared with seditious ones), and are afraid of the “slippery slope” effect.

And yeah we are tired of being branded white supremacists because we don’t agree with them and agree with some things white supremacists agree with.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

13 Jan 2021, 4:44 pm

I think we need some definitions.
What does each of us understand as "woke"?
What are the alternatives we see?
Where are moderate people on current political map of the US?

I don't think Trump's second impeachment is only a good thing for American Far Left. Actually, I think it's a chance for Moderate Right to get more vocal, putting a boundary of their partisan loyality where things go too far.

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2021, 5:32 pm

magz wrote:
I think we need some definitions.
What does each of us understand as "woke"?
What are the alternatives we see?
Where are moderate people on current political map of the US?

I don't think Trump's second impeachment is only a good thing for American Far Left. Actually, I think it's a chance for Moderate Right to get more vocal, putting a boundary of their partisan loyality where things go too far.

In recent years the moderates have been “politically homeless”. Hopefully you are right and they can get beyond writing for the few opinion magazines that will have them.

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2021, 6:24 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:
While it will vary by locale a lot of woke things are going to become policy now. Whomever objects or argues for even moderate positions are going to have the debate basically closed because you and whatever you are arguing for WILL be associated with the MAGA’s and their Republican enablers.

Argue for civility the MAGA existential has to dealt with forcefully.

Don’t like Antifa or BLM riots, time to shut you down for comparing a few broken widows with storming the capital

Don’t agree with critical race theory, you can have your opinion but not the facts which are,Trump, Trump, Trump, MAGA, MAGA, MAGA

What you predict MIGHT happen, but I think it's more likely that last week's events will result in a renewed appreciation, by center-left people, of the critical importance of law enforcement. Hopefully this will begin to take the wind out of the sails of "defund the police." Hopefully more people will recognized that we need radical reform of law enforcement, but we do need law enforcement, and the needed reforms will cost more money, not less.

I agree that the looting that accompanied some BLM protests is not comparable to the Capitol riot. But that doesn't mean the looting is okay. On the contrary, the looting is just more evidence of the need for law enforcement. We need cops to protect business districts, especially the many little mom-and-pop stores that can't afford their own security guards (and many of which stores, at least here in Queens, are owned by people of color).

Hopefully Kamela Harris will be in a good position to advocate a position that is both pro-reform and pro-police. In other words, black lives matter and blue lives matter. Hopefully the recently-acknowledged heroism of one black cop will help in this regard also.

Last edited by Mona Pereth on 13 Jan 2021, 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bravo5150
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2021, 6:31 pm

Mona Pereth wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:
While it will vary by locale a lot of woke things are going to become policy now. Whomever objects or argues for even moderate positions are going to have the debate basically closed because you and whatever you are arguing for WILL be associated with the MAGA’s and their Republican enablers.

Don’t like Antifa or BLM riots, time to shut you down for comparing a few broken widows with storming the capital

Don’t agree with critical race theory, you can have your opinion but not the facts which are,Trump, Trump, Trump, MAGA, MAGA, MAGA

What you predict MIGHT happen, but I think it's more likely that last week's events will result in a renewed appreciation, by center-left people, of the critical importance of law enforcement. Hopefully this will begin to take the wind out of the sails of "defund the police." Hopefully more people will recognized that we need radical reform of law enforcement, but we do need law enforcement, and the needed reforms will cost more money, not less.

Indeed the looting that accompanied some BLM protests is not comparable to the Capitol riot, but that doesn't mean it's okay. On the contrary, the looting is just more evidence of the need for law enforcement. We need cops to protect business districts, especially the many little mom-and-pop stores that can't afford their own security guards (and many of which, at least here in Queens, are owned by people of color).

Hopefully Kamela Harris will be in a good position to advocate a position that is both pro-reform and pro-police. In other words, black lives matter and blue lives matter.

How would more funding for police help with problems caused by officers who let their egos get in the way of making the right decision?

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2021, 6:54 pm

Mona Pereth wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:

I agree that the looting that accompanied some BLM protests is not comparable to the Capitol riot. But that doesn't mean the looting is okay. On the contrary, the looting is just more evidence of the need for law enforcement. We need cops to protect business districts, especially the many little mom-and-pop stores that can't afford their own security guards (and many of which stores, at least here in Queens, are owned by people of color).

Hopefully Kamela Harris will be in a good position to advocate a position that is both pro-reform and pro-police. In other words, black lives matter and blue lives matter. Hopefully the recently-acknowledged heroism of one black cop will help in this regard also.

One can always hope.

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2021, 6:55 pm

Bravo5150 wrote:
How would more funding for police help with problems caused by officers who let their egos get in the way of making the right decision?

More funding would enable cops to do proper investigations and gather better physical evidence, in lieu of their current over-reliance on (intrinsically unreliable) witness testimony and confessions. Currently, the main go-to strategy for investigating crimes is to pressure suspects into making (sometimes false) confessions. This is the source of many police abuses, and the main reason for it is that it's the cheap and easy way to investigate a crime.

More funding would also enable better training of cops, and also better weeding-out of racist cops.

Bravo5150
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2021, 7:24 pm

Mona Pereth wrote:
Bravo5150 wrote:

More funding would enable cops to do proper investigations and gather better physical evidence, in lieu of their current over-reliance on (intrinsically unreliable) witness testimony and confessions. Currently, the main go-to strategy for investigating crimes is to pressure suspects into making (sometimes false) confessions. This is the source of many police abuses, and the main reason for it is that it's the cheap and easy way to investigate a crime.

More funding would also enable better training of cops, and also better weeding-out of racist cops.

That still doesn't address my question as far as the cops who allow their egos cloud their judgment. I got stopped not long ago and attempted to explain to the officers who stopped me that I had a disability and would appreciate it if they would call an officer at a neighboring department because I spent the last year doing a bit of volunteer work for that department, mainly with that officer I requested. I was treated by the officers who stopped me as though I made a completely unreasonable request and treated as though my explanation of some of the type of work I did was the dumbest thing they had ever heard.