Are there any post coup attempt EX-trump supporters here?

Page 7 of 22 [ 348 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 22  Next

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2021, 4:28 am

ezbzbfcg2 wrote:
Mona Pereth wrote:
No, "unsolicited ballots" were not sent out en masse, just applications for absentee ballots.

Pure horseshít (or just ignorance)!

It varied state-to-state. Here in Jersey, ALL registered voters were sent ballots in the mail, whether requested or not. Whether they would have physically gone to the polls or not. Whether they checked their mailbox or not. That's never been done, sending out millions of unrequested absentee ballots, but that's what was done here in 2020. And they sent them out in September.

My sister, who's lived at her place for 10 years, received an additional ballot for some former resident she'd never heard of. She did the right thing and turned it in, but I wonder...was that lady issued 2 ballots (one for the old address, one for wherever she is now?) Did she request a second ballot, not knowing the first went to her old address from over 10 years ago? Is she still alive??

Just think how many others, less honest then my sister, could have used an extra ballot to their advantage (and not just with the presidential vote.)

Ooops!

Googling to double-check my impressions about the ballots, I came across the following article: AP FACT CHECK: Trump’s big distortions on mail-in voting by Nicholas Riccardi, AP News, September 17, 2020. It turns out that there are indeed some states that sent ballots to all registered voters. Five of these states had a longstanding practice of doing so even before COVID, and four more states, including New Jersey, began doing so in 2020.

So, it looks like I overgeneralized in my previous post.

HOWEVER, only one of those states was a battleground state, and it was the smallest of the battleground states: Nevada. The other five battleground states that Trump complained about -- Pennsylvania, Georgia, Michigan, Wisconsin, and Arizona -- did NOT send mail-in ballots to anyone except people who specifically requested them.

With the sole exception of Nevada, all of the states with universal mail-in balloting are overwhelmingly Democratic-dominated, according to the AP News story. If indeed that's correct, then the possible irregularities you mentioned are NOT likely to make a big enough difference to change the outcome of a national election.

Last edited by Mona Pereth on 14 Jan 2021, 4:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2021, 4:33 am

I'd be more impressed if anyone here still supports Trump.

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2021, 4:43 am

ezbzbfcg2 wrote:
Side note: What are your opinions of the Stonewall Riot?

The Stonewall Riot was very different not only from the Capitol riot, but also from the riots that have unfortunately accompanied many BLM protests.

The Stonewall Riot involved fighting back against cops who were raiding a gay bar. Nothing more. No looting, no arson, no vandalism, and no invasion of any building whatsoever, much less the Capitol, and certainly no attempt to attack the members of a legislative body.

Tempus Fugit
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2021, 5:24 am

cyberdad wrote:

There's no point in supporting a former president. The trump train doesn't have much track left to carry either set of passengers.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2021, 5:32 am

Tempus Fugit wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

There's no point in supporting a former president. The trump train doesn't have much track left to carry either set of passengers.

You know if he's not impeached he will run again in 2024 and there's 74 million who are gullible enough to believe him

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2021, 5:35 am

Tempus Fugit wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

But what if he hadnt been impeached last night, and therefore could run again in 24?

Would you have supported him in a 2024 run in that scenario?

Tempus Fugit
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2021, 5:50 am

naturalplastic wrote:
Tempus Fugit wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

But what if he hadnt been impeached last night, and therefore could run again in 24?

Since I've never voted for him before, I don't see myself doing so in a future scenario.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2021, 5:58 am

Tempus Fugit wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:
Tempus Fugit wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

Since I've never voted for him before, I don't see myself doing so in a future scenario.

I guess you ain't too thrilled how things transpired.

Tempus Fugit
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2021, 6:09 am

cyberdad wrote:
Tempus Fugit wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:
Tempus Fugit wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

I guess you ain't too thrilled how things transpired.

I've barely been keeping track of it.

Mr Reynholm
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2021, 7:50 am

I have read the speech and listened to the audio. Maybe I'm the only one who didn't hear the "Dog Whistle" to go and sack the Capital. In reality its just wishful thinking by the Left. He could have recited a recipe for chocolate chip cookies and the Democrats would have made it out to be a nefarious incitement to insurrection.

ezbzbfcg2
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2021, 7:51 am

naturalplastic wrote:

Politically, I think he's finished. However, in terms of eligibility:

As of right now, Trump is still technically eligible to run again in 2024. He's only been impeached in the House of Representatives. This isn't the first time they've impeached him, remember. He was impeached at the beginning of 2020 by the House, acquitted by the Senate, and was able to run for president in 2020.

In our nation's history, thus far, three presidents have been impeached by the House. None have yet to be impeached by the Senate. Andrew Johnson, Bill Clinton, and Trump's first go-round all resulted in acquittals in the Senate. (Nixon resigned before the House could officially impeach him.)

KT67
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2021, 8:00 am

I think the protestors going against people like Pence will sour Republicans' image of Trump.

Tempus Fugit
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2021, 8:34 am

Mr Reynholm wrote:
I have read the speech and listened to the audio. Maybe I'm the only one who didn't hear the "Dog Whistle" to go and sack the Capital. In reality its just wishful thinking by the Left. He could have recited a recipe for chocolate chip cookies and the Democrats would have made it out to be a nefarious incitement to insurrection.

I agree with you in that I don't hear it either. But it still sparked the incident nonetheless. That's just a simple fact. All his tweets and speeches about the election have to be taken into consideration as to how revved up they were beforehand.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2021, 9:15 am

Tempus Fugit wrote:
Mr Reynholm wrote:
I agree with you in that I don't hear it either. But it still sparked the incident nonetheless. That's just a simple fact. All his tweets and speeches about the election have to be taken into consideration as to how revved up they were beforehand.
By focusing solely on one speech, you avoid having to examine all of the other evidence.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2021, 9:21 am

Trump basically said people are wimps if they don’t actively seek to stop the certification of the Electoral College results. The mob who stormed the Capitol were as*holes who didn’t like being called wimps, even by implication.

Trump using schoolyard methods to schoolyard bullies.

Mr Reynholm
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2021, 9:42 am

Fnord wrote:
Tempus Fugit wrote:
Mr Reynholm wrote:
By focusing solely on one speech, you avoid having to examine all of the other evidence.

What evidence? Specifically.