Are there any post coup attempt EX-trump supporters here?

Page 22 of 22 [ 348 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2021, 3:15 am

Tempus Fugit wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
I have already addressed why it is difficult and why I’m not going to do it. It has nothing to do with there not being examples to cite and explain to you. It has everything to do with your posts being miles long and the only device I have to access the internet with being a smartphone. That’s why I told you when asked, repeatedly might I add, to go re-read your own posts from the few pages before the post I made pointing these things out. In the time you’ve whined that I won’t go scroll up and down on my phone for an hour or two for you, you could have gone and re-read all of the posts in those few pages multiple times and gleaned from your posts the same thing that Fnord and I did and that Cornflake indicated mods were dealing with behind the scenes. The end. :)

You've snapped off the needle on the logical fallacy detector.

Gosh you are full of smart one-liners

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2021, 3:26 am

cyberdad wrote:
League_Girl wrote:
[" NTs are so weird with their language. Sadly even some autistic people know NT language because I have seen them project it onto users here as well. To me you cannot convince me someone meant X when they said Y unless you can prove it somehow. I will know by their actions. Look at Donald Trump. That is why I never fell for his "fake news" crap he always claimed.

I'm afraid NTs have learned to covertly use double speak and code with their language/body language that even average NTs have trouble with. It's all about hiding/deceit in order to have an advantage over us.

And this is where I say NTs pretend what others are thinking and think they can read minds. They will twist your words and make stuff up what you meant and change your words in your sentences to take offense. This is where I say "silly NTs, that isn't what I meant or I would have said it lol." Then I tell myself "wait, I shouldn't be making fun of them, I should be sympathetic and remember, this isn't their fault, it's not their fault their brains are wired to not take things literal and to read in between what you said that isn't there, this is their disability."

But autistic people do this too. They are not immune to it.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2021, 3:31 am

there are so many these days, who are obviously way above average in intelligence, but instead of curing cancer they think of new schemes to screw with people's heads.

Tempus Fugit
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2021, 3:32 am

cyberdad wrote:
League_Girl wrote:
[" NTs are so weird with their language. Sadly even some autistic people know NT language because I have seen them project it onto users here as well. To me you cannot convince me someone meant X when they said Y unless you can prove it somehow. I will know by their actions. Look at Donald Trump. That is why I never fell for his "fake news" crap he always claimed.

I'm afraid NTs have learned to covertly use double speak and code with their language/body language that even average NTs have trouble with. It's all about hiding/deceit in order to have an advantage over us.

This is a rather confusing statement coming from a professed NT.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2021, 3:34 am

League_Girl wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
League_Girl wrote:

And this is where I say NTs pretend what others are thinking and think they can read minds. They will twist your words and make stuff up what you meant and change your words in your sentences to take offense. This is where I say "silly NTs, that isn't what I meant or I would have said it lol." Then I tell myself "wait, I shouldn't be making fun of them, I should be sympathetic and remember, this isn't their fault, it's not their fault their brains are wired to not take things literal and to read in between what you said that isn't there, this is their disability."

Well you have your daughter and husband to practice with :lol:

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2021, 3:38 am

Tempus Fugit wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
League_Girl wrote:

I'm just saying to expect NTs to use a myriad of different meanings when talking that conveys different things to different audiences and (yes) they do take other people's words and use it to their advantage. I learned all this in primary school so it's not rocket science.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2021, 3:58 am

cyberdad wrote:
League_Girl wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
League_Girl wrote:

Well you have your daughter and husband to practice with :lol:

To my son, telling him to not be so loud somehow means "stop playing and do nothing."

I thought he was twisting my words but someone told me on Aspies Central he is telling me how he feels, maybe to him his way of playing is being loud and noisy so he isn't twisting my words when I tell him to stop. This user also told me emotions will make you read into things that are not there and autistic people are not immune to this either.

I passed this off as well he is a kid so kids will twist words to see what they can get away with, it's part of testing their limits but yet my daughter doesn't do this but every child is different. But if an adult does it to me, I will get angry.

I honestly cannot tell when someone is just twisting my words or just telling me how they feel. Is this autism? Do NTs know when their words are being twisted or when someone is just expressing how they feel?

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2021, 4:06 am

cyberdad wrote:
Tempus Fugit wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
League_Girl wrote:

I'm just saying to expect NTs to use a myriad of different meanings when talking that conveys different things to different audiences and (yes) they do take other people's words and use it to their advantage. I learned all this in primary school so it's not rocket science.

Probably to those on the spectrum it is. It looks like coded language to us and double speak and a different language they know.

Remember that story my mom told me when I said "most people compare things to Hitler" and she goes 'I don't do that" and I tell her "I didn't say you did."

Mom: But you said most people
Me: Yes I did
Mom: But that includes me
Me: ?????
Mom: I don't do that
Me: I didn't say you did
Mom: but you said most people so that includes me
Me: Well you're not most people then since you say you don't do it
Mom: When you say most people, that includes me
Me: me thinking "weird NT language"

So I learned people out there will decide they are most people when you criticize a behavior or talk about a behavior people do because they decided "Hey I am most people so I will take offense to this than thinking I am exceptional because I don't do that behavior." An example of word twisting here.

Same as how shocked I was when I found out when I mom kept telling me to stop that teasing, she did not mean stop that teasing. I was shocked she would misspeak intentionally and blame it on me. It wouldn't be until I was 15 to learn "stop that teasing" is an expression. It does not mean stop that tease and do a different one. :lol:

So when you are mild on the spectrum, you do learn double speak from experience. But you memorize it. The milder you are on it, the easier it is to learn it. But sadly some learn to use it themselves and project it onto other autistic people. So I end up experiencing the same thing I would experience from an NT.

Tempus Fugit
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2021, 4:10 am

cyberdad wrote:
Tempus Fugit wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
League_Girl wrote:

The us part threw me off at first, but then I got what you meant.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2021, 5:33 am

League_Girl wrote:
Pepe wrote:
League_Girl wrote:

I used to be like you where I would get upset what others thought of me or worry what they might be thinking of me

I am not upset partly because Goldfish is actually on the back foot here.
I am also not upset because we seem to have an even playing field.
What makes you think I am 'upset'?

League_Girl wrote:
and then I realized it doesn't matter what they think and it's not like others are going to blindly believe them what they say about me. If someone accuses me of something untrue, it doesn't mean others on the forum are going to believe it. Once I realized this, I am able to move on and not get into internet drama.

So, if I start misrepresenting you, suggesting you are a racist, without evidence to support that claim, you will be fine with that?
If so, you are very forgiving.
I am not. 8)

I have already been called racist for not caring if minorities marry other minorities because they find it so important to keep their race going. This is very common in Native Americans. Not once did I imply I was against biracial families or relationships. If anyone was being racist, they were about Native Americans because this is their culture. I live in Montana where I heard this talk. Lot of people in my area were Native American and some believed they should only marry other Natives so they can stay existing. Now I am not going to tell anyone who they can't or can't marry and have kids with. Some choose to have kids with a white person or with another person of color (like my dad did and my grandfather). Native American culture was never that important to my father but it was important enough that they took us to pow wows and tolds us about Native American history so I always knew Natives didn't fight pioneers because they were the villains, it was because their land had been stolen so they thought they were going to take their land so they would fight. But they were always portrayed as villains ion historical fiction books.

I just thought they were stupid and people are free to read that post. They had their evidence that I was "racist" and it was my post but anyone can read it and choose to take it literal or be an ableist by not taking it literal. If I truly thought minorities can't have kids with white people, I would have written it. Racists do not know they are racist so they say racist stuff all the time and don't understand why they are called racist. Even their own evidence against them tells them nothing.

If you think I am a racist, explain why you think that.
Hardly on topic but, meh.

League_Girl wrote:
One thing I would ask these wokes is if it's so racist to be fine with Natives wanting to have kids with other Natives too keep their heritage going, should I be against their decision? Wouldn't that be xenophobic of me because this is part of their culture and intolerance of their culture is xenophobia. But back then I was so confused their their racist accusation was coming from I couldn't defend myself and I was like "weird, they sure like to throw that term around" and thought they were just stupid and I moved on. If they had said why they thought that of me, I would have told them "I am on the spectrum so I am literal and if I truly meant they can't have kids with us white people, I would have written it. I say what I exactly mean, no in between. Everyone is free to have kids with whoever, I never understood why anyone would be against biracial families or relationships. My dad is Native American, my mom is white, my grandfather was Native, my grandma was white so that makes me a descendant."

But apparently white supremist and Nazis have also said "I am fine with people having kids with their own race to keep their race going" to mean "Minorities better not have kids with us white people and mix their race into ours."

I won't make the observation that there is a double standard, here, for fear of seeming to be in sympathy with deplorables.
Objectivity is verboten, according to some.

League_Girl wrote:
NTs are so weird with their language. Sadly even some autistic people know NT language because I have seen them project it onto users here as well. To me you cannot convince me someone meant X when they said Y unless you can prove it somehow. I will know by their actions. Look at Donald Trump. That is why I never fell for his "fake news" crap he always claimed.

So there you go, I have been called a racist, it did no damage, I moved on. Their only proof they had was what they think I meant by what I had written. The end.

Because of my personal experience of being at the hands of a German-hating biatch racist Australian teacher, when I was 4, I have a problem with being called a racist myself.
I don't let that insult go, as you can see, and I don't care how many character assassins there are.
I am an intellectual samurai and I will use my Katana of Truth to chop them into sushi. 8)
The end. :wink:

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2021, 5:43 am

Tempus Fugit wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
I have already addressed why it is difficult and why I’m not going to do it. It has nothing to do with there not being examples to cite and explain to you. It has everything to do with your posts being miles long and the only device I have to access the internet with being a smartphone. That’s why I told you when asked, repeatedly might I add, to go re-read your own posts from the few pages before the post I made pointing these things out. In the time you’ve whined that I won’t go scroll up and down on my phone for an hour or two for you, you could have gone and re-read all of the posts in those few pages multiple times and gleaned from your posts the same thing that Fnord and I did and that Cornflake indicated mods were dealing with behind the scenes. The end. :)

You've snapped off the needle on the logical fallacy detector.

I made sushi out of his argument. :mrgreen:

I believe he is referring to another thread, btw.
Hence, his inability to find something in this one, so it seems.

Regardless, I will successfully combat him at any venue, given an even playing field. 8)
After all, 'Logic' is not his strong point. :mrgreen:

The_Walrus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

18 Jan 2021, 6:33 am

Right, this thread is turning waaaay too nasty and personal.

I don’t think there is any serious prospect of the thread getting “back on track”. Therefore, thread locked.