Page 1 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Aspiegaming
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2021, 12:23 pm

If my darkness or eccentricness offends you, I don't really care.

I will not apologize for being me.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2021, 2:10 pm

Lot of them were idiots. This will look good for our American History. I am not surprised all of them were wealthy, traveling is expensive. Good he explained the difference between fighting for human rights and trying to take over the gov because you don't like other people having more fair rights. This is white supremacy.

But on the good side, maybe inmates will be freed for being there for petty crimes to make room for these losers.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2021, 2:27 pm

"When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression." -- attributed to many

The "Toxic White Male" (TWM) will always feel oppressed when he has to share the rights and privileges that he and his kind have enjoyed for centuries with the same people to whom they traditionally denied those same rights and privileges.

Four years ago, a TWM was elected by a very narrow margin in a backlash against the previous black president.  That same TWM has been defeated in a fair and legal election as a backlash against his lies, his bigotry, his ignorance of the facts, and even his lack of political decorum.  On January 20th, both the Speaker of The House and the Vice-President will be women, the Administration, the House, and the Senate will be under the control of the Democrats, and the people who took part in the attempted coup on January 6th will begin the process of being "erased" (tried, convicted, incarcerated, and forgotten).

I have to ask all Toxic White Males everywhere (you know who you are), "Was It Worth It?"

Was this last, final attempt to assert your pride and hatred worth losing all of your political power and influence?

Well, was it?

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2021, 2:33 pm

Quote:
"When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.

I wonder why I do not feel this way? Even my own children find it unfair how people are treated because of their skin color and think it's mean. If a six year old can understand it, why can't an adult understand it? And I didn't even teach my kids to think this. My son has proven to me he is a free thinker and an independent thinker and I am wondering if everyone is born woke and they are taught to be racist and a white supremist as they get older. If you don't subject your child to this culture, they will not learn it and they will stay woke and see the injustice and find it mean and unfair and find this all very rude.

I do not feel threatened nor oppressed as minorities get more rights as the rest of us and making it fair. I must be very special. :wink:

But all this is very foreign to me because why would I feel oppressed when someone is going to get the same rights as whites? This makes zero sense. All I see is the unfairness and I am happy when we are trying to change it and spread awareness about it.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2021, 2:59 pm

League_Girl wrote:
... I am wondering if everyone is born woke and they are taught to be racist and a white supremist as they get older. If you don't subject your child to this culture, they will not learn it and they will stay woke and see the injustice and find it mean and unfair and find this all very rude...
I believe* that what you posted is close to the truth, if not spot on.  Most children have to be taught usual things like "Do not talk to strangers" and "Tell me if you see someone you do not know".

But parents also teach things like, "Do not play with those kids", "They look dirty", and "They act weird" when children of other races move into the neighborhood -- I was there, so I remember.

I also remember being taught bad things about other races in response to questions like, "But why can't they be my friends?"

Yes, I really do believe* that children are born without knowing that they are "supposed to" stick with their own kind, and that their parents, their families, and people of their own races shape and mold their minds to be prejudiced against those who are not exactly like them -- this is called "imprinting".  Add to this imprinting all of the myths about boys being better than girls and you have the makings of a Toxic Male, white or otherwise.

*Disclaimer: Mere belief proves nothing.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Angnix
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2021, 5:23 pm

My family hated the fact my best friend in school was Pakistani... Then I married a Hispanic immigrant..

And many of them are racist against many races, despite the fact they are mixed race themselves (my grandma who raised me was 1/4 Native American)

Of course they are not racist against caucasians or native americans, because that is their ancestors... Etc...

Avatar: A Shiny from the new Pokemon Pearl remake, Shiny Chatot... I named him TaterTot...

FINALLY diagnosed with ASD 2/6/2020

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2021, 6:11 pm

I was taught to be a racist by my parents; being a racist was rather taken for granted in the 1960s, despite the Civil Rights movement. Unfortunately, even "decent" people were racists back then.

Racial incidents usually didn't make the newspaper; they were taken for granted. This was why the Civil Rights movement was needed, and why I find that the people who were involved in it were extremely brave people.

What made me NOT a racist was actually hanging out with people of other races. Doing things with them. Going through things with them. Even making love with them.

All this made me realize that people of other races are PEOPLE first, and everything else second. Their skin color is caused by adaptation to different climates, and even their facial features are caused by adaptations to their environment.

I don't consider myself "woke." I consider myself a pragmatist. I wish they would dispense with "affirmative action," though I don't believe it's practical to get rid of it just yet. I work at a place that practices it---and I believe it's a good thing. I do believe "affirmative action" serves to keep the races separate, ultimately, though. I hope there comes a time when it's not needed.

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2021, 7:10 pm

Fnord wrote:
Yes, I really do believe* that children are born without knowing that they are "supposed to" stick with their own kind

My experience is very different.

In my experience, kids naturally dislike, fear, make fun of, and/or bully people whom they perceive as freaks for whatever reason.

As for race: I grew up in an all-white neighborhood, and I remember being very afraid the first few times I encountered black people (when I was about 5 years old) merely because I had never encountered anyone with dark skin before. My parents, who were admirers of Dr. Martin Luther King, were extremely embarrassed by my behavior and had to teach me that racism is bad.

On the other hand, I was on the receiving end of a lot of prejudice and/or nasty behavior from other kids my own age, both in the neighborhood and at school, apparently because of general oddness on my part. (I now know that said oddness was probably due to ASD, as well as being unathletic.) I don't believe they were taught by their parents to do this.

Tross
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2021, 11:36 pm

TL:DW, but is there really much to explain? Some people are crazy cultists, and engaged in an act of terrorism. Reasoning with their kind is impossible, so they should just go to prison for their crimes. The whole Trump thing still makes no sense to me TBH, and I suppose understanding that is a prerequisite for even having a chance of understanding any of what went down. Good thing it won't be relevant anymore come Wednesday.

TheRobotLives
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2021, 2:33 am

I live with a Trump super-fan.

She use to shop at the Trump store.

We had numerous Trump signs in our yard.

Trump's face is on many decorative items in our house.

It's not about racism, nationalism or policies.

It's about the love of Trump and his words.

That is why Trump can lie and flip-flop because his policies don't matter.

If he says, "I am making America great" -- that's enough.

Be the hero of your life.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2021, 3:35 am

For so long we all believed racism was dead. We were only fooling ourselves. Maybe the next generation will be able to dispense of such idiotic race hatred.

ezbzbfcg2
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2021, 6:32 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
For so long we all believed racism was dead. We were only fooling ourselves. Maybe the next generation will be able to dispense of such idiotic race hatred.

No, man. Not only will you find out racism is still alive and well, you'll also find out that human beings really are all the same, and it's not just white people who are capable of being racist. Wait and see...

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2021, 6:46 am

rogers and hammerstein nailed it [from "South Pacific"]

You've got to be taught
To hate and fear,
You've got to be taught
From year to year,
It's got to be drummed
In your dear little ear
You've got to be carefully taught.
You've got to be taught to be afraid
Of people whose eyes are oddly made,
And people whose skin is a diff'rent shade,
You've got to be carefully taught.

You've got to be taught before it's too late,
Before you are six or seven or eight,
To hate all the people your relatives hate,
Before it is all for naught,
You've got to be carefully taught!

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2021, 6:48 am

in light of that, what is it about the relatively few folks who successfully fend off such toxic indoctrination? what is their secret? is it that they passed the gumdrop test?

StanHansen
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

18 Jan 2021, 7:40 am

I don't really care about racism but the media censorship really bothers me. The fact is that our media is completely biased.

roronoa79
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2021, 4:41 pm

In the mind of the right-wing conservative, the status quo of the past was just and equal. Moves towards greater equality were thus seen as unjust and at their expense. Take away the southerners' slaves and they see themselves as the victims. Force them to give non-whites rights and they see themselves as the victims. Try to dismantle their means of voter suppression and they see themselves as the victims. Elect a black man as president and they see themselves as the victims. Try to address racist violence and they see themselves as the victims. Vote out the most right-wing president in decades and they see themselves as the victims. Try to end collective romanticizing of the racist past and they see themselves as the victims.

These people see their privilege slipping away and they are prepared to kill and die to keep it from happening. It happened in 1861 and millions of them are hoping for it to happen again. They just find new ways of sanitizing and rationalizing it such that it's purely coincidence that their goals align perfectly with the Klan and the Neo-Nazis.

Δυνατὰ δὲ οἱ προύχοντες πράσσουσι καὶ οἱ ἀσθενεῖς ξυγχωροῦσιν.
Those with power do what their power permits, and the weak can only acquiesce.

- Thucydides