Page 10 of 25 [ 391 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 25  Next

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2021, 9:06 am

1949 Paul Robeson Concert Riot

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2021, 9:44 pm

Matt Gaetz Suggests Shooting People In Silicon Valley For 'Cancel' Culture

Quote:
Rep. Matt Gaetz, the Florida Republican under federal investigation for alleged sex trafficking, suggested Thursday that followers should use their Second Amendment rights against social media companies that silence conservatives.

“The internet’s hall monitors out in Silicon Valley, they think they can suppress us, discourage us,” he said at a rally in Dalton, Georgia, co-hosted by Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-Ga.). “Well you know what? Silicon Valley can’t cancel this movement, or this rally, or this congressman. We have a Second Amendment in this country, and I think we have an obligation to use it.

Gaetz, a Donald Trump disciple and leading mouthpiece for Trump’s stolen election lie ahead of the Jan. 6 insurrection, made the comment one day after a gunman killed nine people in San Jose, in the heart of California’s Silicon Valley. That shooting continues a recent spate of mass shootings across the country.

:roll: :roll:

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2021, 9:50 pm

^^^the worst of humanity with the temerity to attack the best of humanity. the enemy of goodness is mediocrity.
just look at those pissant nazi-wannabe mouth-breathers. :eew:

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2021, 1:03 am

I would love to find a website that can name and shame these scum so their descendants know what their family did,

Here they are attacking black babies

Many of these scum are still alive

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2021, 1:17 am

and voting for every right wing evil under the sun. unrepentant to a person. they will never learn in this lifetime.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2021, 3:40 am

auntblabby wrote:
and voting for every right wing evil under the sun. unrepentant to a person. they will never learn in this lifetime.

More likely they don't care

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2021, 3:42 am

cyberdad wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

incapable of caring, that requires a conscience, a sense of basic decency. the folks who live by the iron rule ["i will take from you unless you can stop me"] are not commonly into all that.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2021, 4:03 am

auntblabby wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

incapable of caring, that requires a conscience, a sense of basic decency. the folks who live by the iron rule ["i will take from you unless you can stop me"] are not commonly into all that.

Its a concept that's a little hard to get ones mind wrapped around but within the lifetimes of people still alive today there was a widespread belief that African Americans were not human beings, The placards protesting "race mixing" suggest that. Its quite scary for me to think such an advanced country like the United States allowed such beliefs to flourish.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2021, 4:19 am

cyberdad wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

Its a concept that's a little hard to get ones mind wrapped around but within the lifetimes of people still alive today there was a widespread belief that African Americans were not human beings, The placards protesting "race mixing" suggest that. Its quite scary for me to think such an advanced country like the United States allowed such beliefs to flourish.

we were not advanced in ways that morally mattered.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2021, 9:16 am

funeralxempire wrote:

Quote:
Rep. Matt Gaetz, the Florida Republican under federal investigation for alleged sex trafficking, suggested Thursday that followers should use their Second Amendment rights against social media companies that silence conservatives.

“The internet’s hall monitors out in Silicon Valley, they think they can suppress us, discourage us,” he said at a rally in Dalton, Georgia, co-hosted by Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-Ga.). “Well you know what? Silicon Valley can’t cancel this movement, or this rally, or this congressman. We have a Second Amendment in this country, and I think we have an obligation to use it.

Gaetz, a Donald Trump disciple and leading mouthpiece for Trump’s stolen election lie ahead of the Jan. 6 insurrection, made the comment one day after a gunman killed nine people in San Jose, in the heart of California’s Silicon Valley. That shooting continues a recent spate of mass shootings across the country.

A glance at Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene’s incendiary words
Quote:

In February 2019, Greene appeared in an online video filmed at the U.S. Capitol, arguing that Democratic Reps. Ilhan Omar of Minnesota and Rashida Tlaib of Michigan weren’t “really official” members of Congress because they didn’t take the oath of office on the Bible. Both women are Muslim.

Greene said. “They really should go back to the Middle East.”

Tlaib was born in Detroit. Omar was born in Somalia and came to the U.S. when she was 12, becoming a U.S. citizen five years later.

Greene once suggested in an online video that Pelosi could be executed for treason.

“She’s a traitor to our country, she’s guilty of treason,” Greene says in the video, which CNN first reported. “And it’s, uh, it’s a crime punishable by death is what treason is. Nancy Pelosi is guilty of treason.”

She also “liked” a January 2019 Facebook post that called for “a bullet to the head” of Pelosi.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2021, 9:16 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

In February 2019, Greene appeared in an online video filmed at the U.S. Capitol, arguing that Democratic Reps. Ilhan Omar of Minnesota and Rashida Tlaib of Michigan weren’t “really official” members of Congress because they didn’t take the oath of office on the Bible. Both women are Muslim.

Tlaib was born in Detroit. Omar was born in Somalia and came to the U.S. when she was 12, becoming a U.S. citizen five years later.

Greene once suggested in an online video that Pelosi could be executed for treason.

“She’s a traitor to our country, she’s guilty of treason,” Greene says in the video, which CNN first reported. “And it’s, uh, it’s a crime punishable by death is what treason is. Nancy Pelosi is guilty of treason.”

She also “liked” a January 2019 Facebook post that called for “a bullet to the head” of Pelosi.

Just out of curiosity is it mandatory to swear the oath of office over the bible?

Udinaas
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2021, 9:39 pm

cyberdad wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

Just out of curiosity is it mandatory to swear the oath of office over the bible?

It's not. Mandating it would violate the constitution.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2021, 11:45 pm

Udinaas wrote:

So shouldn't Marjorie Greene be censored by her own party for suggesting something unconstitutional? I thought the GOP were the arch defenders of the US constitution?

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2021, 1:02 pm

cyberdad wrote:
Udinaas wrote:

So shouldn't Marjorie Greene be censored by her own party for suggesting something unconstitutional? I thought the GOP were the arch defenders of the US constitution?

She's not the first one to suggest it and others agree with her. They claim to be strict constitutionalists but they're not so that hypocrisy won't be a problem.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

slam_thunderhide
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

30 May 2021, 4:49 pm

cyberdad wrote:
Criticising Israel is tricky but I agree with Biden that Israel has the right to retaliate against HAMAS if their civilians are being targeted.

Remember HAMAS took the first step in killing following the Israeli crackdown on Palestinian protest and dissent. I am sure if Cuba decided to launch rockets on Guantanamo bay, Havanna would be a a crater,

It's amazing how cyberdad's left-liberalism vanishes when he's talking about Israel.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2021, 4:55 pm

slam_thunderhide wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Criticising Israel is tricky but I agree with Biden that Israel has the right to retaliate against HAMAS if their civilians are being targeted.

Remember HAMAS took the first step in killing following the Israeli crackdown on Palestinian protest and dissent. I am sure if Cuba decided to launch rockets on Guantanamo bay, Havanna would be a a crater,

It's amazing how cyberdad's most moderates left-liberalism vanishes when he's talking about Israel.

It's not as though this is limited to only one person.

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う