The Scandal Around Cuomo is Bigger than just Nursing Homes

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2021, 10:16 am

New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo's administration ordered homes for people with developmental disabilities to accept coronavirus patients — and never rescinded the order.

The April 10 [2020] directive, which mirrored the Cuomo administration's controversial order to nursing homes, also told homes for people with developmental disabilities that they could not require hospitalized residents to be tested for coronavirus prior to admission or readmission.

Five hundred fifty-two residents at homes for people with developmental disabilities have died of coronavirus, the New York Office for People With Developmental Disabilities (OPWDD). More than 6,900 people out of the more than 34,552 who live in such resident homes have been infected with the virus, according to OPWDD.

Source: Cuomo admin ordered homes for disabled to accept coronavirus patients & never reversed it

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2021, 5:56 pm

jimmy m wrote:
New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo's administration ordered homes for people with developmental disabilities to accept coronavirus patients — and never rescinded the order.

The April 10 [2020] directive, which mirrored the Cuomo administration's controversial order to nursing homes, also told homes for people with developmental disabilities that they could not require hospitalized residents to be tested for coronavirus prior to admission or readmission.

Five hundred fifty-two residents at homes for people with developmental disabilities have died of coronavirus, the New York Office for People With Developmental Disabilities (OPWDD). More than 6,900 people out of the more than 34,552 who live in such resident homes have been infected with the virus, according to OPWDD.

Source: Cuomo admin ordered homes for disabled to accept coronavirus patients & never reversed it

Triage time is when peoples true feelings come out.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2021, 1:03 pm

The Cuomo administration largely ignored a county official’s pleas for COVID-19 tests for nursing homes at the pandemic’s height last spring — even as the governor allegedly secured the then-scarce tests for his relatives, The Post has learned.

Troubled by reports of COVID-19 running roughshod through nursing homes early in the pandemic, Jack Wheeler, the manager of upstate Steuben County, requested in April 2020 that the state Department of Health provide enough tests for every resident and staff member of three facilities in his jurisdiction.

The DOH, however, only came through with enough supplies for one of the three facilities, Hornell Gardens, with the precious diagnostic tests then hard to find, Wheeler told The Post.

That lackluster response came, as The Albany Times-Union reported last week, as Gov. Andrew Cuomo allegedly pulled strings to secure tests for bigwigs connected to his administration, as well as relatives including his brother, CNN host Chris Cuomo, and their elderly mother, Matilda.

"I’m furious because testing of the most vulnerable population should be the absolute priority and a simple request," Wheeler told The Post. "But [that] high-level, connected people had that luxury when we couldn’t even get people in the nursing homes tested is just infuriating."

Source: Cuomo administration kept COVID-19 tests from nursing homes as Dem's relatives got them

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2021, 8:02 am

The nurse reportedly was dispatched outside New Rochelle where COVID operations took place to "test patients in private residences and hotel rooms, with instructions that those individuals were part of Cuomo’s orbit." A nurse at a state-run testing center recalled a "frantic effort to prepare" for the arrival of Cuomo's family.

"They were treated like royalty," the nurse said. "I didn’t understand why they were able to jump the line."

"I’m trained that there is no such thing as a preferential medicine. We don’t say ‘this person is more important so their results are more important.’ That’s just not fair," a COVID testing nurse told the Post. "Yet here we have somebody who is being pushed to the front of the line for no reason. It was like, ‘Oh, your test matters.’ And we know why. It’s because of who you are, not because of anything medical."

Among the alleged VIPers was clothing designer and the governor's brother-in-law Kenneth Cole, whose COVID test was "rushed" to a state trooper and was driven to Wadsworth lab in Albany.

The Washington Post ran a brutal "behind-the-scenes" report on how Democratic New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo prioritized COVID testing in the early months of the pandemic, including how his brother, CNN anchor Chris Cuomo, allegedly received treatment "beyond" others on the so-called VIP list.

According to sources, more than "100 individuals" with close ties to the governor were referred to as "priorities," "specials," "inner circle" or "criticals" and were "logged in an electronic data sheet that was kept separate from a database for the general public."

The Post reported that Dr. Eleanor Adams, a top New York physician who was tasked by the Cuomo administration to coordinate COVID testing in nursing homes, was "dispatched multiple times" to Chris Cuomo's home in the Hamptons, where visits "sometimes stretched hours."

Source: Chris Cuomo reportedly received even more attention than other 'VIPs' during COVID tests