Page 1 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2021, 9:40 am

The first two months of Biden's presidency has gone pretty much the way I expected. He violated the Constitution right out of gate when he ordered an airstrike on Syria without Congressional approval. He has backed away from raising the minimum wage to $15.

Even before he took office, he tried to bribe the people of Georgia by telling them the stimulus checks would go out immediately if the Dems won. If that's not bad enough, he didn't even deliver on his promise to throw Americans a few crumbs, while all other industrialized nations are giving it's citizens a monthy, living wage, and already have universal healthcare.

I'm confused why anyone expect anything different given his horrendous record.
All we did was rearrange the deck chairs on the Titanic.

Oscar Meyer Lansky

GGPViper
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2021, 1:36 pm

Umm... Didn't Biden just sign the biggest relief bill in US history (twice the size of the New Deal, adjusted for inflation) a few days ago?

If that's only a few crumbs, then the whole planet couldn't afford a single slice of bread...

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2021, 1:55 pm

GGPViper wrote:
Umm... Didn't Biden just sign the biggest relief bill in US history (twice the size of the New Deal, adjusted for inflation) a few days ago?

If that's only a few crumbs, then the whole planet couldn't afford a single slice of bread...

It's still pales by comparison to what other countries ate giving their citizens. And don't forget, Trump was willing to do 1.8 trillion before the election, but Dems played politics and didn't accept it, even though many progressives tiold them they should because people are sufferring in this country.

But what's a few more months, right? These people are rich, they don't have to worry as about healthcare, paying the mortage, and putting food on their family. (That's a GWB reference. ) When you live in the richest nation in the world, and there are traffic jams created by people trying to get to foodbanks, something is f****d up!

The time for being apologists for these pieces of s**t is over! They're why we got Trump in the first place.

Oscar Meyer Lansky

zacb
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2021, 7:31 pm

Yeah although most the presidents are chickenhawks ( Trump to lesser extent but still). The stimulus went to stupid BS mostly , but what is new? As far as minimum wage not a fanand I hope he does not do well on gun control. Also he will probably will punt on marijuana which does suck. Same stuff different day.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2021, 8:09 pm

I heard there are still children in cells (boxes, containers?) at the Mexican border.

What's that about?

Wasn't Biden supposed to stop that?

It seems like it's worse than before.

I certainly didn't like Trump, but I thought this would be the first problem solved by a new administration?

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/immigratio ... gal-limit/

TheRobotLives
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2021, 8:50 pm

Jan 8, 2021
"President-elect Joe Biden said Friday he is assembling a multitrillion-dollar relief package that would boost stimulus payments for Americans to $2,000"
https://www.washingtonpost.com/us-polic ... ulus-plan/

Instead, he delivered $1400.

Be the hero of your life.

Feyokien
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2021, 9:13 pm

TheRobotLives wrote:
Jan 8, 2021
"President-elect Joe Biden said Friday he is assembling a multitrillion-dollar relief package that would boost stimulus payments for Americans to $2,000"
https://www.washingtonpost.com/us-polic ... ulus-plan/

Instead, he delivered $1400.

Key words, its says boost to $2,000 implying we already have some of it. Not advocating in favor of Biden, that's just what I think the wording is trying to convey.

MidnightRose
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

17 Mar 2021, 1:19 am

I'm happy Trump is out, and I'm sure I would've been complaining if he was still in office, but I'm certainly not happy about Biden either. When I saw the inauguration I knew we were in for four years of bland neoliberalism. Still better than Trump, but wow our electoral system sucks.

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2021, 10:31 am

Getting rid of Trump will have short-term gains, but shoring up the status quo will ensure we get s worse Trump down the road.

Oscar Meyer Lansky

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2021, 10:46 am

IsabellaLinton wrote:
I heard there are still children in cells (boxes, containers?) at the Mexican border.

What's that about?

Wasn't Biden supposed to stop that?

It seems like it's worse than before.

I certainly didn't like Trump, but I thought this would be the first problem solved by a new administration?

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/immigratio ... gal-limit/

It was exposed during the Trump administration and pinned entirely on him, when Obama was equally guilty. In fact, Obama deporteted more illegals in his first term than Trump did in four years.

Sadly, I doubt the situation will get much better. And if it doesn't, the MSM will stay silent. Dems get cover from the media, and the left goes asleep. That's why Dems are even more dangerous than the Pubs.

Oscar Meyer Lansky

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2021, 2:50 pm

The whole thing's an exercise in hypocrisy.

I wish they'd get rid of political parties and just elect the right person for each job.

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2021, 3:10 pm

Oh, yeah I agree! Abolish political parties. Let people make their choices based on the individual candidates positions, not a party line.

Oscar Meyer Lansky

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2021, 3:15 pm

VegetableMan wrote:
Oh, yeah I agree! Abolish political parties. Let people make their choices based on the individual candidates positions, not a party line.

Exactly.

Nothing quite like pigeon-holing people with groupthink just so they can get elected ... and then expecting them to think for themselves at the risk of party loyalty, and nepotism.

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2021, 3:31 pm

It may only be a stopgap approach. The only thing that's going to save us in the long run is a collective awakening where we eradicate tribalism completely.

Now there's a utopian dream for you!

Oscar Meyer Lansky

SportsGamer35728
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

17 Mar 2021, 3:49 pm

VegetableMan wrote:

Or a better alternative: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sortition

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2021, 10:32 pm

VegetableMan wrote:
GGPViper wrote:

It's still pales by comparison to what other countries ate giving their citizens. And don't forget, Trump was willing to do 1.8 trillion before the election, but Dems played politics and didn't accept it, even though many progressives tiold them they should because people are sufferring in this country.

But what's a few more months, right? These people are rich, they don't have to worry as about healthcare, paying the mortage, and putting food on their family. (That's a GWB reference. ) When you live in the richest nation in the world, and there are traffic jams created by people trying to get to foodbanks, something is f****d up!

The time for being apologists for these pieces of s**t is over! They're why we got Trump in the first place.

I think the Democrats are learning that it is easier being the opposition. :mrgreen: