Is Trump really the mastermind that people say he is?

Page 3 of 5 [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2021, 3:07 pm

To get the adoration of so many who have nothing in common with him means he is masterful at reading and manipulating people. A loudmouth rich cocky New Yorker became a pseudo confederate president, think about that.

To get almost a whole political party so scared of him they fall in line shows he is masterful in the skills of bullying. These people did not become Senators and Congresspeople because they have poor bullying skills and poor resisting bullying skills. Yet even as ex-president, they dare not break with him.

His skills are far from perfect. He almost lost to a very disliked candidate and did lose to a candidate who is a mediocre speaker and widely viewed as senile.

My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2021, 5:10 pm

Trump is a failure as a businessman, but he's a first rate salesman (conman). He has learned how to convince his followers to run off the edge of a cliff while thinking it's a good idea. Just because he's able to make people swallow a bag of horsesh*t doesn't mean he's a genius, just that he knows the right lies to tell people.

shlaifu
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2021, 7:50 pm

ironpony wrote:
Well as for being masterfully ignorant, masterfully ignorant people are still caught in their crimes though. Richard Nixon, Bill Clinton, and Jeffrey Epstein for example, all thought they could get away with it and were ignorant but they were still caught. So just because Trump is ignorant, ignorance doesn't enable you to escape consequence if you are guilty as those other examples were still caught. So it can't be ignorance that works for Trump then. He is either not guilty of the crimes, or is is truly a mastermind.

Nixon retired to avoid the embarrassement of being removed. Clinton... consequences? What consequences? Neither of them faced an international investigation, and if there were one to be opened, it would have to be for breaking international laws by bombing people. George W. Bush is a war criminal who officially reintroduced torture - and got away. Obama had people executed by dronestrike - and not always the ones they planned to execute. Oops.

And Epstein was a whole different ballgame - that guy wasn't a corrupt war criminal, he was a child-sex-trafficker. And not a president.

ironpony
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2021, 8:59 pm

Clinton and Nixon still had to resign. Trump never had to after his first impeachment, so he was still able to be President and not have the consequences of resigning. But I don't think he was a mastermind enough to get away with it to avoid being caught, because he is too dumb for that, so I think he's innocent therefore.

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2021, 10:48 pm

ironpony wrote:
Clinton and Nixon still had to resign. Trump never had to after his first impeachment, so he was still able to be President and not have the consequences of resigning. But I don't think he was a mastermind enough to get away with it to avoid being caught, because he is too dumb for that, so I think he's innocent therefore.

No, Clinton, didn't Resign, He Finished His Whole Term;

And No, The Litigation Against Trump Is Just Beginning,

So He is Far From Getting Away With Anything Until After the Litigations Finish....

And That May Take All the Years of His Life in or Out of Prison For What Little is left....

He's On the Run;

He's Had His Wings

Clipped For Social Media;

He's Been Shamed Enough

For Anyone With a Conscience

And for one without one, He is Just

A Loser taking Advantage of Ignorance

In those Who Live in All Types of Scarcity....

Gravatar is one of the coolest things ever!! !

http://en.gravatar.com/katiemiafrederick

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

30 Mar 2021, 7:24 am

Trump is a dead man walking.
He's finished - there's just the long overdue public evisceration of his corrupt empire to come now.

TheRobotLives
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2021, 7:56 am

Trump reminds me of King Vortigern.

Be the hero of your life.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2021, 8:16 am

Cornflake wrote:
Trump is a dead man walking.  He's finished - there's just the long overdue public evisceration of his corrupt empire to come now.
It is already underway...

The Mastermind

45OFFICE = TRE45ON
Lock Him Up!

Mr Reynholm
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2021, 11:37 am

Its not the straw man idea that people think he's a "Mastermind" its just that he isn't a career politician owned by political elites. Biden, Obama and Hilary aren't geniuses either but they are in the club.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2021, 2:44 pm

Mr Reynholm wrote:
Its not the straw man idea that people think he's a "Mastermind" its just that he isn't a career politician owned by political elites. Biden, Obama and Hilary aren't geniuses either but they are in the club.

That's giving Trump way too much credit, and Biden, Obama, and Clinton not nearly enough.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2021, 4:54 pm

Trump "not being in the club" doesn't stop him from being a criminal.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2021, 6:07 pm

Also Trump is owned by the political elite. Just not the political elite of this country.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2021, 6:15 pm

if people want to know Trump's strategy to win the 2016 election then I suggest reading about his chief strategist
https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics ... josh-green

Bannon is the mastermind behind Trump. When all these naive "moderate republicans" claim they don't agree with Trump but voted for him, they were supporting the ideology of Steve Bannon.

In this respect the crazed MAGAs are at least more honest (despite being deplorable). Moderate republicans who vote for Trump in 2020 are like the lukewarm christians that Jesus metaphorically spat out of his mouth.

toadsnail
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

30 Mar 2021, 6:16 pm

How has this thread even gone any longer than two letters?

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2021, 6:17 pm

toadsnail wrote:
How has this thread even gone any longer than two letters?

Beats me? people can't see the obvious

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2021, 10:20 pm

cyberdad wrote:
if people want to know Trump's strategy to win the 2016 election then I suggest reading about his chief strategist
https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics ... josh-green

Bannon is the mastermind behind Trump. When all these naive "moderate republicans" claim they don't agree with Trump but voted for him, they were supporting the ideology of Steve Bannon.

In this respect the crazed MAGAs are at least more honest (despite being deplorable). Moderate republicans who vote for Trump in 2020 are like the lukewarm christians that Jesus metaphorically spat out of his mouth.

While I recognize Bannon as the evil genius behind Trump, he's still batsh*t crazy. He's written and spoken of the rejoining the long past ancient times when the gods - or God - directly communed with man. And that's not even taking into consideration Bannon's insane racial ideas. Hopefully there's enough sane Republicans left who will fight for a Republican party grounded in reality.