Veteran

02 Apr 2021, 8:04 pm

Daddy63 wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:
Daddy63 wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:
AP
Quote:
A car rammed a barricade outside the U.S. Capitol on Friday afternoon, injuring two Capitol Police officers and leading to the driver being shot, two law enforcement officials told The Associated Press.

At least one officer was in serious condition, while the driver was in critical condition.

Capitol Police say the crash happened at a checkpoint near the Capitol.

Capitol Police say that someone “rammed a vehicle into two USCP officers” and that a suspect was taken into custody.

The law enforcement officials told the AP that the suspect was shot and was being taken to the hospital in critical condition. One of the officers who was injured was taken by police car to the hospital; the other was being transported by emergency medical crews, the officials said.

The U.S. Capitol complex was placed on lockdown after the shooting and staff were told they could not enter or exit buildings.

According to reports suspect who was said to have exited the car brandishing a knife.

Very sad. One of the officers has died.

Zero speculation or conversation from the media about the motives, skin color or religious beliefs of the suspect which can mean only one thing.

It’s too early, outside of his skin color they don’t know, they do not want to give out very preliminary information. Once they release the attackers name the other information be it from the mainstream, conservative or alternative media will come out. I do not know of an incident where we did not find out this information.

It wasn't too early with the Atlanta and Colorado shootings.

This one is gonna get dropped by the media like a hot potato.

Yep. This one totally doesn't fit the narrative.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2021, 8:38 pm

Federal and local law enforcement sources told CNN that the suspect has been identified as Noah Green.  Green is seen here in a photo taken from his Facebook page.  From Noah Green/Facebook
Quote:
Noah Green, the suspect who law enforcement sources say rammed his car into two US Capitol Police officers on Friday, posted on social media in the weeks before the attack that he had lost his job and suffered medical ailments, and said he believed the federal government was targeting him with "mind control."

Less than two hours before he was shot and killed, Green posted a number of Instagram stories on an account that appears to belong him, including links to ​other Instagram videos of Nation of Islam leader Minister Louis Farrakhan speaking.

In a post on the Instagram account, Green wrote last week that he believed Farrakhan had saved him "after the terrible afflictions I have suffered presumably by the CIA and FBI, government agencies of the United States of America."

In a March 17 post on a Facebook account that appears to belong to him, Green wrote that he believed Farrakhan is “Jesus, the Messiah,” and that Farrakhan was “instrumental on my awakening and life’s work.” Green signed the post “Brother Noah X.”

Responding to a comment on that post, Green wrote, "I have suffered multiple home break ins, food poisonings, assaults, unauthorized operations in the hospital, mind control."

In a March 17 post on a Facebook account that appears to belong to him, Green wrote that he believed Farrakhan is “Jesus, the Messiah,” and that Farrakhan was “instrumental on my awakening and life’s work.” Green signed the post “Brother Noah X.”

“My faith is one of the only things that has been able to carry me through these times and my faith is centered on the belief of the Honorable Minister Louis Farrakhan as Jesus, the Messiah, the final divine reminder in our midst,” the post continued. “I consider him my spiritual father. Without his guidance, his word, and his teachings that I’ve picked up on along the way, I would’ve been unable to continue.”

The same day, Green uploaded an image of a certificate that appeared to recognize a gift he had made to the Nation of Islam of $1,085. He also posted links to videos of several speeches by Farrakhan. One of the videos, of a 1996 speech by Farrakhan, was titled “The Divine Destruction of America.”
This seems to be a case of either paranoid schizophrenia, religious radicalization, or racist extremism.

Maybe all three.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

BeaArthur
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2021, 9:09 pm

Lots of gun violence in past year. Symptom of a sick society in which the poor and economically marginalized see no future, and go mad from the strains. I hope Biden's "Build Back Better" can heal the country.

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2021, 8:23 am

MSNBC erroneously reported Friday that the suspect in Friday's deadly car attack at the U.S. Capitol was a "White male."

During the network's 2 p.m. ET program "Katy Tur Reports," NBC News justice correspondent Pete Williams provided reporting on the then-unidentified suspect, who had just died.

"The question now is, what’s the condition of the Capitol Police officers who were injured when the man -- we’re told it was a White male that was driving the car -- when the man got out of the car and attacked the police officers with a knife," Williams told MSNBC anchor Katy Tur.

In fact, the suspect was later identified as Noah Green, a 25-year-old Black man from Indiana with ties to Virginia.

The most recent post was a YouTube video of a 2009 Louis Farrakhan speech titled, "The Crucifixion of Michael Jackson." In it, the Nation of Islam leader said Jesus was not the Messiah and called Christian theology a lie.

In a post dated March 17, Green complained of being unemployed amid the coronavirus pandemic and said his religious beliefs were keeping him going.

He also praised Farrakhan, an outspoken anti-Semite, as "Jesus" and former NOI leader Elijah Muhammad as "the exalted Christ."

Source: MSNBC erroneously reported that Capitol attack suspect was a 'White male'

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2021, 9:38 am

jimmy m wrote:
MSNBC erroneously reported Friday that the suspect in Friday's deadly car attack at the U.S. Capitol was a "White male."

During the network's 2 p.m. ET program "Katy Tur Reports," NBC News justice correspondent Pete Williams provided reporting on the then-unidentified suspect, who had just died.

"The question now is, what’s the condition of the Capitol Police officers who were injured when the man -- we’re told it was a White male that was driving the car -- when the man got out of the car and attacked the police officers with a knife," Williams told MSNBC anchor Katy Tur.

In fact, the suspect was later identified as Noah Green, a 25-year-old Black man from Indiana with ties to Virginia.

The most recent post was a YouTube video of a 2009 Louis Farrakhan speech titled, "The Crucifixion of Michael Jackson." In it, the Nation of Islam leader said Jesus was not the Messiah and called Christian theology a lie.

In a post dated March 17, Green complained of being unemployed amid the coronavirus pandemic and said his religious beliefs were keeping him going.

He also praised Farrakhan, an outspoken anti-Semite, as "Jesus" and former NOI leader Elijah Muhammad as "the exalted Christ."

Source: MSNBC erroneously reported that Capitol attack suspect was a 'White male'

2PM was an hour after the incident. With technology everybody expects instant correct answers. In the immediate aftermath of an incident there will be wrong information put out by the media, always has been, always will be.

What MSNBC reported was they were told the suspect was a white male, they did not report without a caveat the suspect was a white male. Should they have done that? Probably not, but without knowledge of MSNBC’s source this is after the fact armchair speculation on my part.

The problem today is that so many people want a suspect to fit their narrative. Fox was overjoyed the suspect is black, it gave them the opportunity to own the libs at MSNBC. If the suspect was a white supremacist it would have given the wokes an opportunity to crow.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

XFilesGeek
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2021, 10:37 am

So far, sounds like a religious nutty.

"If we fail to anticipate the unforeseen or expect the unexpected in a universe of infinite possibilities, we may find ourselves at the mercy of anyone or anything that cannot be programmed, categorized or easily referenced."

-XFG (no longer a moderator)

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2021, 11:44 am

Sounds like one of those who needed a scapegoat for all that he’s gone through since graduating college and since the Pandemic.

I don’t blame “the times” for what happened here. This type of person could have done what he did during good economic times.

Columbine started all this present crap, in my opinion. Things were going well economically in 1999.

THIS DOESN’T MEAN THE DAMAGE DONE BY THE PANDEMIC DOESN'T HAVE TO BE ADDRESSED. WE MUST FIX WHAT’S BROKEN.

Marknis
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2021, 1:37 pm

I’ve read some of Elijah Muhammad’s writings at the library I work at. Very sick and twisted stuff. Phil Scott from the Advise Show looks up to him as well as Louis Farrakhan and actually believes global warming is “God’s anger towards white people” which is just as stupid as saying global warming doesn’t exist.

Muhammad ironically died suffering from diabetes and heart disease despite claiming he didn’t eat “white man’s food” because it would apparently cause those things. Malcolm X said he saw a lot of hypocrisy from Muhammad and I wonder if Muhammad not living up to his ideals in that manner was part of it.

The perpetrator of this crime is further proof it’s not the “immoral secularists” society needs to worry about but people with bizarre religious views.

Mr Reynholm
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2021, 8:16 am

So in light of this incident will the Southern Poverty Law Center deem the Nation of Islam a "Hate Group"?

Udinaas
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2021, 11:06 am

The Southern Poverty Law Center does list the Nation of Islam as a hate group.

https://www.splcenter.org/hate-map

ironpony
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2021, 1:47 pm

What would be the point of the media not wanting to tell the story? It was said because the perpetrator is black that the media would not want to report it on, but what does being black have to do with it?

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2021, 1:49 pm

ironpony wrote:
What would be the point of the media not wanting to tell the story? It was said because the perpetrator is black that the media would not want to report it on, but what does being black have to do with it?

It seems like the media is reporting on this though, doesn't it?
Why would someone try to insist that this story isn't being covered when it is being covered?

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

ironpony
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2021, 1:56 pm

Daddy63 wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:
Daddy63 wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:
AP
Quote:
A car rammed a barricade outside the U.S. Capitol on Friday afternoon, injuring two Capitol Police officers and leading to the driver being shot, two law enforcement officials told The Associated Press.

At least one officer was in serious condition, while the driver was in critical condition.

Capitol Police say the crash happened at a checkpoint near the Capitol.

Capitol Police say that someone “rammed a vehicle into two USCP officers” and that a suspect was taken into custody.

The law enforcement officials told the AP that the suspect was shot and was being taken to the hospital in critical condition. One of the officers who was injured was taken by police car to the hospital; the other was being transported by emergency medical crews, the officials said.

The U.S. Capitol complex was placed on lockdown after the shooting and staff were told they could not enter or exit buildings.

According to reports suspect who was said to have exited the car brandishing a knife.

Very sad. One of the officers has died.

Zero speculation or conversation from the media about the motives, skin color or religious beliefs of the suspect which can mean only one thing.

It’s too early, outside of his skin color they don’t know, they do not want to give out very preliminary information. Once they release the attackers name the other information be it from the mainstream, conservative or alternative media will come out. I do not know of an incident where we did not find out this information.

It wasn't too early with the Atlanta and Colorado shootings.

This one is gonna get dropped by the media like a hot potato.

Oh it was just said here that the media might have motivation to drop it like a hot potato as it was phrased, so I was wondering why they would want to.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2021, 2:13 pm

ironpony wrote:

Oh it was just said here that the media might have motivation to drop it like a hot potato as it was phrased, so I was wondering why they would want to.

I know that's what the poster is claiming, I'm just saying to consider why they might claim that if the evidence doesn't support the claim.

A lot of violence that's motivated by a mix of mental health and extremism is committed by white guys and white guys are more likely to have right wing political leanings so it's to be expected that right-leaning, white guys will be the biggest trend within the broader trend of unstable people expressing their views through intentional violence. Of course this doesn't mean that they're the only people who commit violence of this sort, just that they're the most typical culprit.

In other places the demographic trends among people who commit violence of this sort would be altered to reflect whatever the issues in that place are.

By and large I think it speaks to the need for better mental health screening as well as the need to make those services universally available. These people often seem to be fuelled by more than just simply radical ideology, instead they often seem to be attracted towards radical ideologies because they help explain and support parts of an already existing worldview.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

ironpony
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2021, 11:40 pm

That all makes sense. But why does the media seem to have a tendency to only want to report violence committed by white people as it was pointed out, or what is the motivation behind only wanting to report one violence by one particular race?

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2021, 11:46 pm

ironpony wrote:
That all makes sense. But why does the media seem to have a tendency to only want to report violence committed by white people as it was pointed out, or what is the motivation behind only wanting to report one violence by one particular race?

I can't say I've noticed that trend. As near as I can tell the media reports on violence no matter who the perpetrator is, so long as the incident is significant enough.

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う