Page 3 of 9 [ 134 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2021, 3:57 am

uncommondenominator wrote:
Maybe if you click your ruby slippers together and say "There's no place like AnTiFa AnD DeMoCrAtS!" it'll come true. Or chant "I believe in aNtIfA aNd DeMoCrAtS!" while clapping, and it'll come back to life! Oh! I know! Write "AnTiFa AnD dEmOcRaTs!" on a slip of parchment and toss it into the goblet if fire!

Lock yourself in your bathroom, turn off all the lights, look in the mirror and say "Antifa" three times, and she'll appear and set your toilet on fire.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2021, 5:14 am

Whatever fancy words you try to use, it's still gonna boil down to the age-old Klan talking point, "blacks and jews"...

In the 1800s Americans kept black people as slaves and treated them worse than animals
In the 1920s the Klan was all powerful in America and threatened black people or else they would die worse than animals
Between the 1920s and 1960s Jim crow laws treated blacks slightly worse than animals
Between 1960s to the present the police treat blacks slightly worse than animals

You can forgive black Americans for rolling their eyes when people go off their face over antifa

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2021, 5:40 am

I seem to recall Eisenhower and Patton being anti-fascist, or Antifa. I dare say, being anti-fascist is an American value.

slam_thunderhide
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

27 Apr 2021, 8:06 am

Cornflake wrote:
Antifa is not an organization.

Antifa are a movement of affiliated groups, decentralized by design, so there’s hardly much difference there. Certain sections of the media sneakily proclaim that “antifa are not an organization” without further elaboration so they can convince suggestible people that antifa are just some phantom existing in the minds of the paranoid.

Fnord wrote:
The right-wing Republicans needed a vaguely nebulous enemy that they can blame for everything wrong in America, so they chose a loosely-associated collection of individuals with no organizational structure and a general hatred of bigotry and nationalism to be their main bogey-man and whipping-boy.

They needed an enemy that is (1) so laughably inept that they can be ridiculed in every possible way, while simultaneously being (2) so adept at what they do that they are a threat to traditional right-wing Republican values, which include racism, sexism, corporate ownership of government, military deficit spending, and the right to bear artillery against unarmed targets.

So instead of calling anyone who opposes right-wing politics "anti-Fascists" -- and thus admit to the world that right-wing Republicanism is indeed a Fascist movement -- they come up with the word "ANTIFA" as if it was an acronym for some obscure global criminal organization like "HIVE", "KAOS", "SPECTRE", or "SMERSH".

:roll: This is only one reason why I vote for "Anyone Except Republicans" in every election.

Your smart-alec post might have some validity if it were not for the fact that, firstly, various antifa groups refer to themselves as “antifa” (eg, Rose City Antifa) and, secondly, the nickname antifa dates from the 1930s.

It’s strange you didn’t bother to look that up, since you’re so often so eager to dismiss other people’s posts if they don’t contain, say, a dozen links to peer-reviewed studies.

kraftiekortie wrote:
What in the heck is wrong with being anti-fascist, anyway?

Here’s an idea: instead of judging antifa by what they call themselves, how about judging them by what they actually are and how they behave.

You can look online and find articles by antifa-affiliated groups advocating property damage in order to instigate riots, and then using moronic political arguments to justify the resulting destruction of ordinary people’s lives . You can find undercover footage of antifa foot-soldiers discussing eye-gouging, and how to commit violence and evade prosecution. You can look at antifa twitter accounts where they openly threaten violence against anyone, left or right, who stands in their way.

Antifa is full of some of the utter dregs of society, sociopaths who dress up their resentment and nihilism as “political activism”. Given what’s happened in the past year, the fact that some people can continue to deny the reality about them (or think “I’ll be ok because they only go after fascists”) is staggering. I guess counter-signalling against MAGA is more important to some people than facing reality.

slam_thunderhide
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

27 Apr 2021, 8:08 am

Mr Reynholm wrote:
Antifa are fascists. Like so many leftist organizations they use double think and name their organization the opposite of what it really is.

If the worthless dregs of antifa can be said to have a political philosophy, it is closer to communism. Since communism has killed more people than any other political philosophy in the past 100 years, why not apply the communist label to antifa instead of internalizing the left’s favorite boo-word?

Fascism is/was a specific political philosophy, it doesn’t just mean violence or authoritarianism. Too many people on the left and right alike use the word fascism as a byword for anything they don’t like.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2021, 8:27 am

TO: The right-wing Republicans

You people need an enemy to attack that cannot fight back.  You cannot use Asians or Blacks anymore because you would be correctly called out as racist (and you would lose votes).  You cannot use the Jews anymore because you would be correctly called out as Anti-Semitic (and you would lose votes).  You cannot use Democrats, Feminists, Leftists, and Liberals anymore because your Lord and Savior Donald Trump was defeated by those same people, and complaining about it makes you look like sore losers (and you would lose votes).

So you amplify the importance of a disorganized group of Anti-Fascist demonstrators into a vast global conspiracy to replace the Freemasons, the Trilateral Commission, and the Gnomes of Zurich in your hate-filled rhetoric.

You need this imaginary global conspiracy of yours to conceal your sexist, racist, and Fascist insanity.  You need a label you can pin on anyone you do not like so that your friends can identify your enemies and attack them.

Because of this, I will never vote Republican, ever again.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2021, 9:23 am

SabbraCadabra wrote:
Maybe if you click your ruby slippers together and say "There's no place like AnTiFa AnD DeMoCrAtS!" it'll come true. Or chant "I believe in aNtIfA aNd DeMoCrAtS!" while clapping, and it'll come back to life! Oh! I know! Write "AnTiFa AnD dEmOcRaTs!" on a slip of parchment and toss it into the goblet if fire!

Lock yourself in your bathroom, turn off all the lights, look in the mirror and say "Antifa" three times, and she'll appear and set your toilet on fire.

All I had to do it once and some hipster dude came out of the toilet called me a Nazi, punched me in the face and while I was knocked out cold, hacked my computer, posted my WP political posts which got me canceled everywhere. :oops:

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2021, 9:29 am

ASPartOfMe wrote:
All I had to do it once and some hipster dude came out of the toilet called me a Nazi, punched me in the face and while I was knocked out cold, hacked my computer, posted my WP political posts which got me canceled everywhere.
Was he wearing a buffalo hat?

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

kitesandtrainsandcats
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2021, 10:20 am

My brain is the kind which looks at, "The Truth Behind Antifa"
And wonders if there are ever, "Antifa Behind The Truth".

Mr Reynholm
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2021, 10:25 am

O'Biden says Antifa is just an idea. When was the last time an idea assaulted you or set fire to your business? Anita is the foot soldiers of the Left. Denial is how the Left escape accountability.

uncommondenominator
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2021, 1:44 pm

Mr Reynholm wrote:
O'Biden says Antifa is just an idea. When was the last time an idea assaulted you or set fire to your business? Anita is the foot soldiers of the Left. Denial is how the Left escape accountability.

Hey neat, still running with the Klan talk, eh?

"Antifa is the foot soldiers of the Left" is just a rehash of the Klan talking point "Jews pay the blacks to be their enforcers".

Replace the words all you want, it's still brought to you by the Ku Klux Klan.

"BLM AND DEMOCRATS!..." still "blacks and jews"...

"ANTIFA AND THE LEFT!..." still "blacks and jews"...

"MINORITIES AND LIBERALS!..." guess what, still "blacks and jews"...

Wake me up when you're done blindly regurgitation Klan talk.

Biscuitman
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2021, 2:45 pm

Just the latest bogeyman that the right wing media keep shouting about as someone for their devoted fans to look at for causing all problems, and of course a nice distraction whenever they need people to not focus on something

Quick, look over there!

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2021, 2:58 pm

"Antifa" simply does not exist as an organization.

As a monster-under-the-bed to scare right-wing Republican children, yes; but as an actual organization, no.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2021, 3:03 pm

Mr Reynholm wrote:
[ ... ]
... Wake me up when you're done blindly regurgitation Klan talk.
Actually, he seems to be letting Trump do his thinking for him, which is just as bad if not worse.

uncommondenominator
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2021, 3:49 pm

Fnord wrote:
Mr Reynholm wrote:
[ ... ]
... Wake me up when you're done blindly regurgitation Klan talk.
...letting Trump do his thinking for him...

Like I said - regurgitating Klan talk.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2021, 5:10 pm

slam_thunderhide wrote:

You can look online and find articles by antifa-affiliated groups advocating property damage in order to instigate riots, and then using moronic political arguments to justify the resulting destruction of ordinary people’s lives . You can find undercover footage of antifa foot-soldiers discussing eye-gouging, and how to commit violence and evade prosecution. You can look at antifa twitter accounts where they openly threaten violence against anyone, left or right, who stands in their way.

Antifa is full of some of the utter dregs of society, sociopaths who dress up their resentment and nihilism as “political activism”. Given what’s happened in the past year, the fact that some people can continue to deny the reality about them (or think “I’ll be ok because they only go after fascists”) is staggering. I guess counter-signalling against MAGA is more important to some people than facing reality.

:thumright: