Possible Female Authorship of "John's" Gospel.

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

The_Znof
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2021, 4:04 am

about 22 years ago a fellow called Ramon K Justino wrote an essay claiming there was strong evidence Mary Magdeline was the author of Johns Gospel.

I find it convincing, to the point I kind of feel silly I didnt notice any of this stuff when I read Johns Gospel, as whoever wrote this book is my favourite NT author.

http://ramon_k_jusino.tripod.com/magdalene.html

Some of Libby Schraeder's ideas fit very well with this too.

https://today.duke.edu/2019/06/mary-or- ... nt-scribes

and what I find fishy is that none of this stuff gets any press, but the press is full of Karen's bitching about whores, framing Pope Gregory 1 for it [badly], and passing this off as 'scholarship' Not that they don't have the credentials, they just dont do any scholarship and really dont like alabaster jar girl or whores as they call them. It ends up something like this, just replace Liberal progresive with demented so-called feminist scholars.

Some go so far as to blame Gregory for the Magdeline Laundrys in Ireland.

One of the Chief offenders is Karen King, Candida Moss throws some weight around too.

shlaifu
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2021, 8:09 pm

According to Wikipedia, the scholarly consensus is that the Gospel of John was written sometime around 100 CE., and it was written in Greek.

So... Yeah. Probably not Mary Magdalene, or any person alive when Jesus would have been.

The_Znof
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2021, 8:45 pm

lol you telephone gamed wiki!! !

Quote:
John reached its final form around AD 90–110,[5] although it contains signs of origins dating back to AD 70 and possibly even earlier

and as for these scholars:

Quote:
for example, the gospel is written in good Greek and displays sophisticated theology, and is therefore unlikely to have been the work of a simple fisherman

pure narcissism..