Page 7 of 7 [ 101 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Persephone29
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2021, 10:42 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
Persephone29 wrote:
These people are ALL shady. Just because someone is linked to something racist doesn't make them MORE shady than the unfaithful, drug dabbling, closet gay, soliciting prostitution black politician. It's ALL bad, but they still get votes and win elections, even with all their flaws. I'm sick of people like you supporting anything and everything as long as it isn't racist.

How can people expect their elected leaders to care about them when they're bigots? :chin:

How can people expect their elected leaders to care about them when they're on drugs? People on drugs care about drugs... How should I know? They seem to get elected anyway. The only think Cyberdad talks about is racism, meanwhile he's defended politicians who see to it that they get the best vaccines ahead of their subjects, he defends politicians who are under the influence, in positions of power and making decisions that affect the lives of others. Who solicit prostitutes, behind the backs of their spouse. Do they use condoms? If they don't have they brought home disease to their spouse?

It's disgusting. But, it wasn't racism, so it's A-OK. :roll:

If you're bad, you aren't exempt from it simply because no racism was involved. It's all an abuse of trust and power.

Neurocognitive exam in May 2019, diagnosed with ASD, Asperger's type in June 2019.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2021, 11:04 pm

Persephone29 wrote:

You are conflating two different things.

A person's individual weaknesses is a problem they have to resolve for themselves. For example I mentioned Jimmy Swaggart because most of his evangelical followers continued to donate money to his ministry even after he was caught with a prostitute. Why? because they still liked his message and many people (including my grandmother) found solace in his message of faith and hope.

Do I think he's an honest man who isn't swindling people? probably not. But if people find spiritual enlightenment from his teaching then who am I to stop them from donating or listening to him.

I don't care what drugs a politician takes but if it interferes with their ability to represent their constituents then that's a different matter.

Bigotry and prejudice is a completely different matter. If a elected official shows favor to one group over another based on preconceived ideas/beliefs they carry then the constituents who are members of that oppressed group can't have confidence they will represent their interests.

Persephone29
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2021, 5:40 am

cyberdad wrote:
Persephone29 wrote:

You are conflating two different things.

A person's individual weaknesses is a problem they have to resolve for themselves. For example I mentioned Jimmy Swaggart because most of his evangelical followers continued to donate money to his ministry even after he was caught with a prostitute. Why? because they still liked his message and many people (including my grandmother) found solace in his message of faith and hope.

Do I think he's an honest man who isn't swindling people? probably not. But if people find spiritual enlightenment from his teaching then who am I to stop them from donating or listening to him.

I don't care what drugs a politician takes but if it interferes with their ability to represent their constituents then that's a different matter.

Bigotry and prejudice is a completely different matter. If a elected official shows favor to one group over another based on preconceived ideas/beliefs they carry then the constituents who are members of that oppressed group can't have confidence they will represent their interests.

The problem with this is that you tend to group all MAGAs together, as well. Anyone who is a MAGA is racist. The Left digs up dirt from years ago ( no forgiveness for things said or done 20 years ago, but you'll forgive a philandering, drug consuming, prostitute soliciting politician straight away ). You think everyone on the right is racist, because you want to see racism everywhere. If someone of color is held accountable for their actions it's because the system is racist. I'm not saying that racism doesn't exist. It does, amongst people who have nothing else to do. The majority of people have more pressing matters to attend to.

And in my opinion, elected officials have promised to represent all of our interests, with the vast majority falling far short of the mark. It's simply a bigger offense to you if the person is black, as if blacks don't hold a higher stake and ideals beyond the state of being black. Blacks have causes not related to blackness... But to you, everything tracks back to color. As if beyond the circumstance of being black, the person cannot possibly hold an ideal close to their identity. And you're asking me to see them as first and foremost black, with any character traits or special attributes that identify them as human beings with souls and interests as inconsequential. I'm just not buying it.

People see in others what they detest in themselves. Very few people are going to get by seeing themselves or others as nothing but a skin color. Yet they do exist nominally, not predominantly.

Neurocognitive exam in May 2019, diagnosed with ASD, Asperger's type in June 2019.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2021, 8:39 am

Persephone29 wrote:
The problem with this is that you tend to group all MAGAs together, as well. Anyone who is a MAGA is racist. [...]
People who support racists are themselves racist by proxy.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2021, 4:45 am

Persephone29 wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Persephone29 wrote:
These people are ALL shady. Just because someone is linked to something racist doesn't make them MORE shady than the unfaithful, drug dabbling, closet gay, soliciting prostitution black politician. It's ALL bad, but they still get votes and win elections, even with all their flaws. I'm sick of people like you supporting anything and everything as long as it isn't racist.

How can people expect their elected leaders to care about them when they're bigots? :chin:

How can people expect their elected leaders to care about them when they're on drugs? People on drugs care about drugs... How should I know? They seem to get elected anyway. The only think Cyberdad talks about is racism, meanwhile he's defended politicians who see to it that they get the best vaccines ahead of their subjects, he defends politicians who are under the influence, in positions of power and making decisions that affect the lives of others. Who solicit prostitutes, behind the backs of their spouse. Do they use condoms? If they don't have they brought home disease to their spouse?

If you're bad, you aren't exempt from it simply because no racism was involved. It's all an abuse of trust and power.

trump did all of those things. I don't think cyberdad, or anyone, thinks that only the racism part is disgusting. Although, it is arguable that the public racism from the highest office in the land did more damage than his other offensive traits.