Anyone afraid to take the covid vaccine because of Fauchi?

Page 2 of 7 [ 103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next

Jiheisho
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2021, 11:25 am

As far as the science, I was happy to be vaccinated.

As far as the anti-vaxx, anti-science position, I already have autism so I had nothing to lose.

There are very situations that give a win-win today. :D

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2021, 11:42 am

I'm no fan of Fauci, but I have been vaccinated.

Oscar Meyer Lansky

shlaifu
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2021, 7:04 pm

ironpony wrote:
But if the politicians are the ones controlling the science, doesn't that put the trust in question if one does not trust politicians?

well, politicians are trying to control science, and they do have a lot of levers to pull: the whole structure of scientific institutions and funding for research, for example. And of course the propaganda part.
there are a lot of examples in which the scientific process was hindered by politician's decisions, and there's lots of scientific findings that only happened because politicians wanted things like atom bombs and other means of warfare.
And of course, we can't know which scientific facts will be disproven in the future, but could have easily already been disproven if the research in that direction was better funded etc.

Obfuscating the origins of the coronavirus doesn't make much sense - demanding proof of a Chinese lab leak before making accusations however makes sense. Imagine what the stupid Americans would have done to Chinese immigrants - or will do - if the lab leak theory should turn out to be true. Because then, the question is no longer whether it comes from a lab in China, but why it was developed, and whether it was an intentional leak. And at that point we're off to major conflict with China. Those things are not be treated lightly.

And regarding the vaccine: yeah, development was pushed by the American government, because it has an interest in getting people back to doing their job and pay taxes. Same goes for the British wffort to create the Oxford Astrazeneca Vaccine, and the Russian Sputnik V vaccine program was started well before the coronavirus was confirmed as an international problem. Did Putin know things? Or did he just gamble on being the first to have a vaccine and sell it to the rest of the world and brag about saving mankind?
we'll never know, probably, but as long as the vaccine is less risky than the virus, it's worth taking. It's still a risk, of course, but there's no point in pushing a vaccine that would kill more people than the virus it's supposed to cure. That makes no sense. And it doesn't matter what Fauci's motivations behind publicly dismissing the lab leak theory were.
If you're sceptical of mRNA vaccines, you can get the Oxford Astrazeneca or Sputnik V, which are both tried and tested approaches to vaccines, while mRNA is new. Apparently the mRNA works better, though.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2021, 7:12 pm

shlaifu wrote:
Obfuscating the origins of the coronavirus doesn't make much sense - demanding proof of a Chinese lab leak before making accusations however makes sense. Imagine what the stupid Americans would have done to Chinese immigrants - or will do - if the lab leak theory should turn out to be true. Because then, the question is no longer whether it comes from a lab in China, but why it was developed, and whether it was an intentional leak. And at that point we're off to major conflict with China. Those things are not be treated lightly.

The good news at least about the lab leak hypothesis with respect to racism, it's not a sloppy CCP research getting out of a lab - it's about American research (gain of function to get ahead of the curve on corona viruses), made illegal in the US, being outsourced to China, and shared drive between both the CCP and those in the US who were funding it doing their best jointly to obfuscate the source.

Are plenty of people dumb as bricks? Sure. So dumb that that US corruption, in China, means you should beat Chinese people up in the streets when we see them? If we're really there then Idiocracy was a prophetic movie - not about 2500 AD but but our society just ten years later, and in that case we should be focusing more of our money on fool-proof / fail-safe birth control so fewer people like that get born.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2021, 8:01 pm

I got both doses. I don't have serious reactions to vaccines and didn't with this one. No one got me to take it nor made me afraid of it, I get every shot I'm eligible for anyways, and when the pandemic started I had already planned on getting the eventual vaccine for COVID.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2021, 8:53 pm

HeroOfHyrule wrote:
I got both doses. I don't have serious reactions to vaccines and didn't with this one. No one got me to take it nor made me afraid of it, I get every shot I'm eligible for anyways, and when the pandemic started I had already planned on getting the eventual vaccine for COVID.

Me, too. Then again, we live in a relatively sane part of the country.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2021, 9:00 pm

The second Pfizer shot had me bed-ridden for a day and foggy for a week. Glad it was Pfizer in that context as I've heard the Moderna was more 'intense' in terms of load.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2021, 9:06 pm

techstepgenr8tion wrote:
The second Pfizer shot had me bed-ridden for a day and foggy for a week. Glad it was Pfizer in that context as I've heard the Moderna was more 'intense' in terms of load.

I actually had lost my balance and landed hard on my knee after my second shot. Had a goose egg on my knee for weeks after. Still, I'll take that over the alternative of death.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2021, 9:12 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
techstepgenr8tion wrote:

I actually had lost my balance and landed hard on my knee after my second shot. Had a goose egg on my knee for weeks after. Still, I'll take that over the alternative of death.

I don't doubt that.

I think if I've been following any of the sort of countercultural narratives on this it's that we already had off-patent generics with a much better side-effect profile and rather than going with those we decided to rush a technology through FDA approval in one year rather than seven and really run the phase 3 trials on the world (with terrible data collection). There seems to be more being said about the spike proteins being biologically active and causing damage all over the body, which is a tradeoff you'd have to take if the alternative was Covid but... it would be pretty messed up if it were the case that Ivermectin or Fluvoxamine didn't risk things like women's reproductive health but were shelved as 'ineffective' for corporate interests.

I don't know for certain that what I'm describing above is dominant to the point that I'd assume that it's true, it's just coming from people with a lot of scientific clout - including of all people the inventor of the mRNA vaccine technology.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2021, 9:56 pm

Who needs Fauci when you have this doctor to guide you?

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2021, 11:19 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
Who needs Fauci when you have this doctor to guide you?

:lol: :lol: :lol: ! !!

ironpony
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2021, 1:17 am

shlaifu wrote:
ironpony wrote:
But if the politicians are the ones controlling the science, doesn't that put the trust in question if one does not trust politicians?

well, politicians are trying to control science, and they do have a lot of levers to pull: the whole structure of scientific institutions and funding for research, for example. And of course the propaganda part.
there are a lot of examples in which the scientific process was hindered by politician's decisions, and there's lots of scientific findings that only happened because politicians wanted things like atom bombs and other means of warfare.
And of course, we can't know which scientific facts will be disproven in the future, but could have easily already been disproven if the research in that direction was better funded etc.

And regarding the vaccine: yeah, development was pushed by the American government, because it has an interest in getting people back to doing their job and pay taxes. Same goes for the British wffort to create the Oxford Astrazeneca Vaccine, and the Russian Sputnik V vaccine program was started well before the coronavirus was confirmed as an international problem. Did Putin know things? Or did he just gamble on being the first to have a vaccine and sell it to the rest of the world and brag about saving mankind?
we'll never know, probably, but as long as the vaccine is less risky than the virus, it's worth taking. It's still a risk, of course, but there's no point in pushing a vaccine that would kill more people than the virus it's supposed to cure. That makes no sense. And it doesn't matter what Fauci's motivations behind publicly dismissing the lab leak theory were.
If you're sceptical of mRNA vaccines, you can get the Oxford Astrazeneca or Sputnik V, which are both tried and tested approaches to vaccines, while mRNA is new. Apparently the mRNA works better, though.

Oh okay, but where I live, Canada, it doesn't seem like you can get any vaccine you want though, and just the one they have here.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2021, 2:41 am

ironpony wrote:
Anthony Fauchi, who has had a hand in the vaccine, there is all this news now about how according to his emails, new about the Wuhan lab leak before now, which makes the vaccine scene suspect now. So now I am fraid to take it now because of this new light shedding.

I don't understand what this is supposed to imply.
Did Fauchi "invent" the vaccine by stealing the recipe from the Wuhan labs or something?
Is he injecting people in a hideous government plot to keep people safer and healthier?

GGPViper
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2021, 3:02 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
techstepgenr8tion wrote:

I just felt tired and lazy the day after my first Pfizer shot - a bit like after an intense workout at the gym.

I'm getting my second shot in about two weeks, and as a precaution I have postponed my summer holiday plans in case the side effects are more significant... No point in feeling down in an expensive Berlin hotel room when I can feel down at home instead...

And I'm not afraid of Fauci; I didn't make my decision to get vaccinated based on the opinions of some dudes 4,000 miles away about some other dude 4,000 miles away.

ImagineDragons
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

05 Jul 2021, 6:55 am

Jiheisho wrote:

As far as the anti-vaxx, anti-science position, I already have autism so I had nothing to lose.

I’ve had both vaccines ( Pfizer ) with no issues .

Rumours I’ve heard include the crazy notion that each vaccine jab insergs a GPS chip on your arm ! !

QuantumChemist
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2021, 10:12 am

ImagineDragons wrote:
Jiheisho wrote:

I’ve had both vaccines ( Pfizer ) with no issues .

Rumours I’ve heard include the crazy notion that each vaccine jab insergs a GPS chip on your arm ! !

I do active research in the area of developing specialized nano-materials for computer chip production. The world record for smallest transistor (working part of the chip) is a type of carbon nanotube developed by IBM. Currently you cannot get a chip that small to work without it being visible to the naked eye in the fluid of the shot. Even to get one that small costs very big bucks to make (and is hard to produce), so it would not be feasible from a money standpoint.