How could any American ever vote republican again?

Page 11 of 15 [ 229 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2021, 9:16 pm

slam_thunderhide wrote:
- Leftists/Democrats joining in the chorus instructing people not to bother with masks before doing a 180 degree turn and telling people they should wear masks

I don't know how this got blown so far out of proportion, but it started with Fauci telling people not to use N95 respirators, because medical staff needed them more than we did, and people were hoarding (and scalping) like crazy.

Also, they didn't know that the virus was airborne at the time, and thought that surface contact was a bigger issue than it actually is. Remember when they were telling us to leave our groceries in the garage and bleach everything we touch?

They performed studies, and shared their findings, and changed their recommendations. It's not a conspiracy.

slam_thunderhide wrote:
- Leftists/Democracts claiming that the BLM "protests" did not increase the spread of covid (and that anyway "racism" was the real public health emergency), and then later claiming that anti-lockdown protests were superspreader events

Most people at BLM protests are careful in their day-to-day lives about contracting and spreading the virus, and most of them wore masks at these events.

Most people at superspreader events have no consideration for their fellow humans, and believe the virus is a hoax, or they maliciously spread the virus out of spite, or etc. etc. Most of them did not wear masks at these events.

Honestly, though, I was super surprised that there weren't any spikes after the BLM protests.
Meanwhile, we had a couple superspreader events here in Michigan, and our daily cases jumped from 1400 to 10,000 in a matter of weeks. Many hospitals were overwhelmed, and the death rate climbed to about 6%.

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2021, 10:52 pm

TheRobotLives wrote:
I feel like hard working (high earners) get shafted by Democrats.

Obama .. if you were successful ... someone else made that happen ...

I thought there was some truth in his remark. People don't get rich only by their own personal efforts. They make profit out of the work of others. Low-to-middle earners don't usually get paid for the full value of their work, or the employer wouldn't employ them. There's always a rake-off, and often a very handsome rake-off at that.

Maybe the high earners are working very hard, but so are a lot of those who earn less. I don't see any ethical problem in redressing the balance. What do high earners need all that money for anyway, when others can live on so much less?

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2021, 11:12 pm

Misslizard wrote:
She also said she would take one that a physician recommended.
I wouldn’t take a shot a politician ( of any party)told me to take, they aren’t medical experts.
Trump was recommending Lysol or Bleach shots for covid.Glad I didn’t do what he said.

I have to hold my nose to defend Trump, as he's such a jerk, but AFAIK he never specifically recommended injecting bleach, though his remarks were blurred enough to induce some idiots to drink the stuff. I've no idea why they let politicians air their views on scientific matters. Trump certainly made some idiotic and irresponsible remarks about Covid. I thought it would prove to everybody he didn't know jack s**t about it when he went and caught it himself, but they still let him woffle on. Same thing exactly happened in the UK with our right-wing populist Boris. His father glossed it over as him having "taken one for the team." Looks more to me like he was a Covidiot.

Hollywood_Guy
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2021, 11:43 pm

Tim_Tex wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
https://www.huffpost.com/entry/fauci-cpac-vaccines_n_60eb70f6e4b0cb627483a9ae?d_id=2379287&ncid_tag=fcbklnkushpmg00000013&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook&utm_campaign=us_politics&fbclid=IwAR2GzqmxfZjYu1Pc0RJMn_RqfDc2nvqumwwyU8crXa6ixFZV_9Xyi7zBwjM

republicans are literally killing people by advising against getting a covid-19 vaccine. How could anyone vote for any member of that party at either a state or federal level ever again? :? Like wtf? Why would people let that slide? Oh, you discouraged people from accepting scientific fact during a pandemic and the result was that a lot more people died for no reason and you want me to vote for you? Hmmmm, let me think about that... how about NO! 8O

They vote GOP because they're convinced that the Dems are going to "take their guns", "persecute white people and Christians", and "legalize pedophilia"

None of which is true.

How do you know so much that there isn't at least some truth in it?

Hollywood_Guy
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2021, 11:46 pm

There is a very predominant anti-Republican/anti-conservative bias on these boards...

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2021, 11:47 pm

Hollywood_Guy wrote:
Tim_Tex wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
https://www.huffpost.com/entry/fauci-cpac-vaccines_n_60eb70f6e4b0cb627483a9ae?d_id=2379287&ncid_tag=fcbklnkushpmg00000013&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook&utm_campaign=us_politics&fbclid=IwAR2GzqmxfZjYu1Pc0RJMn_RqfDc2nvqumwwyU8crXa6ixFZV_9Xyi7zBwjM

republicans are literally killing people by advising against getting a covid-19 vaccine. How could anyone vote for any member of that party at either a state or federal level ever again? :? Like wtf? Why would people let that slide? Oh, you discouraged people from accepting scientific fact during a pandemic and the result was that a lot more people died for no reason and you want me to vote for you? Hmmmm, let me think about that... how about NO! 8O

They vote GOP because they're convinced that the Dems are going to "take their guns", "persecute white people and Christians", and "legalize pedophilia"

None of which is true.

How do you know so much that there isn't at least some truth in it?

Because those asserting it never offer anything resembling coherent arguments or evidence.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2021, 12:39 am

ToughDiamond wrote:
Misslizard wrote:
She also said she would take one that a physician recommended.
I wouldn’t take a shot a politician ( of any party)told me to take, they aren’t medical experts.
Trump was recommending Lysol or Bleach shots for covid.Glad I didn’t do what he said.

I have to hold my nose to defend Trump, as he's such a jerk, but AFAIK he never specifically recommended injecting bleach, though his remarks were blurred enough to induce some idiots to drink the stuff. I've no idea why they let politicians air their views on scientific matters. Trump certainly made some idiotic and irresponsible remarks about Covid. I thought it would prove to everybody he didn't know jack s**t about it when he went and caught it himself, but they still let him woffle on. Same thing exactly happened in the UK with our right-wing populist Boris. His father glossed it over as him having "taken one for the team." Looks more to me like he was a Covidiot.

He suggested injecting disinfectant.Bleach, Lysol?
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbcnew ... cna1191216

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2021, 1:51 am

Misslizard wrote:
He suggested injecting disinfectant.Bleach, Lysol?
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbcnew ... cna1191216

Hmm.......it's less clear-cut than I thought - his exact words were indeed
"And then I see the disinfectant, where it knocks it out in a minute, one minute. And is there a way we can do something like that by injection inside or almost a cleaning? Because you see it gets in the lungs and it does a tremendous number on the lungs, so it’d be interesting to check that, so that you’re going to have to use medical doctors with, but it sounds interesting to me."

But then he goes on to say (after Bryan had said there was no way they'd inject bleach):
“It wouldn’t be through injections, you’re talking about almost a cleaning and sterilization of an area. Maybe it works, maybe it doesn’t work, but it certainly has a big affect if it’s on a stationary object.”

So he asked "can it be injected?" which some would construe as suggesting it can be and others would say was only asking the question. And then said it couldn't be, but only after a doctor had said they wouldn't do that.

Also interesting is that after widespread criticism of his remarks he claimed he was only being sarcastic, which has to have been dishonest of him. What would have been the point of sarcasm in that context? Who was he being sarcastic about, and why? Doesn't inspire confidence in him to think that I've managed to provide a better defense of what he said than he (a man with as many expensive, intelligent advisors as he wanted, if only he had the humility to listen to them) managed to provide for himself.

Were his remarks about bleach dangerous? At first I thought not, because they wouldn't have induced me to try it, because to me it seems obvious that they don't categorically say do it, by quite a long chalk, and I'd no sooner take the medical advice of a drunk on a park bench. And bleach comes in a bottle with a poison sticker on it, people drink it to commit suicide. That's all axiomatic to me.

But then I realised there are still people out there who have incredibly little horse sense or education, who don't have the wit to question authority or ask themselves what qualifies a politician to give medical advice. Some people think the sun shines out of his butt. Some people are stupid enough to give particular weight to what a leader says simply because it's a leader. It took me a while to see it because I don't think I've ever known anybody that feebleminded, that gullible. So yes, to a particular kind of idiot, he suggested injecting bleach.

Last edited by ToughDiamond on 30 Jul 2021, 1:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2021, 1:53 am

showed how little concern he had for his idiots.

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2021, 8:57 am

Hollywood_Guy wrote:
There is a very predominant anti-Republican/anti-conservative bias on these boards...

Bias, or are they predominantly correct?

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2021, 9:00 am

ToughDiamond wrote:
Hollywood_Guy wrote:
Bias, or are they predominantly correct?
Sticking to the facts instead of believing Trump's own lies seems to justify accusations of "bias".

Bias that favors Truth is anathema to the Republican/Conservative Reich.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2021, 9:55 am

Hollywood_Guy wrote:

Because they've hitched their wagon to trumpism and everything about that is bat s**t crazy.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2021, 2:22 pm

Hollywood_Guy wrote:

I'm not anti-Republican, I'm anti-Q. There have been some very great Republicans in history.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2021, 2:50 pm

Hollywood_Guy wrote:
Where were the Republicans when I was homeless?

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2021, 3:27 pm

I find there are plenty of conservatives here.

It’s more a two-way street. Conservatives and liberals battle it out on an equal basis here.

Trumpism is another matter. It does not represent all conservatism, by any means. Trump and his minions are, frankly, deluded. They live in an alternative reality which is not real.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2021, 6:06 pm

Hollywood_Guy wrote:

because right wing policies are deliberately harsh/cruel to many of us on the spectrum on these boards. if only the GOP would at least throw us a bone, they might get more support from us. but instead we get just the back of their hand.