Page 14 of 60 [ 955 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 60  Next

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2021, 4:58 am

cyberdad wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:

If you really believe none of Biden's strikes have killed no civilians, then you are more out of touch than I imagined.

https://www.salon.com/2021/08/12/stop-t ... an-cities/

You're pushing of pro war propanda, and the constant regurgitation of establishment talking points, is really disgusting!

You need to educate yourself about your own country. Regardless of who is in charge, the US has been both a national security state (started with a secret war on communism then moved to war on terror) and a military-industrial complex since the early 1950s.

It's actually a republican president, Dwight Eisenhower, who in 1961 warned "In the councils of government, we must guard against the acquisition of unwarranted influence, whether sought or unsought, by the military-industrial complex. The potential for the disastrous rise of misplaced power exists, and will persist."

Eisenhower was worried about the costs of an arms race with the Soviet Union, and the resources it would take from other areas -- such as building hospitals and schools.

Every president has had to deal with military hawks in the US military-industrial complex who operate in league with the NSA and CIA in getting involved in foreign wars. What Eisenhower made clear is the office of president lost control of the military a long time ago.

Getting worked up over Biden and other democrats influence over the military is pointless and somewhat ignorant given they are no better or worse than republicans when it comes to US military actions overseas. It's actually getting quite irritating.

Wow, thanks for the education! I didn't even know who Eisenhower was! Ha!

Doggone it, I'm sorry I irritated you. I know it's silly to worry about the biggest existential threat to the U.S. and the world at large, aside from climate change.

The only thing your post displays, other than you know to use Google, is that you're a virtue signaler who only pretends to care about human life when it suits your agenda.

Oscar Meyer Lansky

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2021, 5:55 am

VegetableMan wrote:
The only thing your post displays, other than you know to use Google, is that you're a virtue signaler who only pretends to care about human life when it suits your agenda.

Rather arrogant assumption. Just because you live geographically in the US doesn't automatically make you i) an expert on US political policy ii) an expert on US foreign policy iii) determining culpability in military actions and iv) determining who is allowed to comment on the US.

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2021, 9:10 am

cyberdad wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:

Rather arrogant assumption. Just because you live geographically in the US doesn't automatically make you i) an expert on US political policy ii) an expert on US foreign policy iii) determining culpability in military actions and iv) determining who is allowed to comment on the US.

That wasn't the point at all. I just don't think you care at all about the human cost of these wars.

Oscar Meyer Lansky

Last edited by VegetableMan on 17 Aug 2021, 9:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2021, 9:16 am

VegetableMan wrote:

OUCH! 8O :mrgreen:

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2021, 9:21 am

Pepe wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:

What else can I think, right?

Oscar Meyer Lansky

Brictoria
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2021, 9:21 am

Pepe wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:

But is the description wrong...

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2021, 9:22 am

VegetableMan wrote:
Well, I can only stomach reading so much of your posts at a time.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2021, 9:24 am

Brictoria wrote:
Pepe wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:

But is the description wrong...

No comment.
D'oh, I just did. 8O :mrgreen:

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2021, 9:30 am

auntblabby wrote:
in order for amuuuurican politics to not make one wanna go right out and take a long walk off a short pier, one must severely lower one's expectations of our leadership and policy, to merely not being quite so evil. that is all amuuuurican is good for.

Tell it to the Native Amerians, and the Germans in the two years after WWII. 8)

Mr Reynholm
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2021, 2:56 pm

Pepe wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:

Dang Pepe, You seem to have struck a nerve! :D

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2021, 4:02 pm

President Biden may have made the right decision to withdraw all US soldiers out of Afghanistan,
but it is still a shocking sight to see on the news. 8O

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2021, 5:29 pm

AnonymousAnonymous wrote:
President Biden may have made the right decision to withdraw all US soldiers out of Afghanistan,

Seems to be a double standard as usual. When the US troops were pulled from Iraq and the Kurds were left to fend for themselves Trump was lauded by the right as saving American lives and bringing "home the boys"

Now when Biden does the same thing in Afghanistan he's criticised by the same people.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2021, 6:27 pm

"And the words of the Prophets , are Written on the Subway walls "
( Sounds of Silence)

where ever you go ,there you are

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2021, 7:11 pm

AnonymousAnonymous wrote:

It isn't looking as bad for the Afghani people today as it did yesterday.
The Taliban are trying to change their global image.
Cross paws. 8)

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2021, 7:12 pm

Mr Reynholm wrote:
Pepe wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:

Dang Pepe, You seem to have struck a nerve! :D

But I am laughing on the inside. :mrgreen:

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2021, 7:17 pm

Jakki wrote:
"And the words of the Prophets , are Written on the Subway walls "
( Sounds of Silence)