Hillary approved telling media about Trump-Russia allegation

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2022, 9:43 pm

Hillary Clinton personally approved plan to share Trump-Russia allegation with the press in 2016, campaign manager says

Quote:
Hillary Clinton personally approved her campaign's plans in fall 2016 to share information with a reporter about an uncorroborated alleged server backchannel between Donald Trump and a top Russian bank, her former campaign manager testified Friday in federal court.

Robby Mook said he attended a meeting with other senior campaign officials where they learned about strange cyberactivity that suggested a relationship between the Trump Organization and Alfa Bank, which is based in Moscow. The group decided to share the information with a reporter, and Mook subsequently ran that decision by Clinton herself.

"We discussed it with Hillary," Mook said, later adding that "she agreed with the decision."

The testimony came in the criminal trial of Clinton campaign lawyer Michael Sussmann, who is being prosecuted by the Trump-era special counsel John Durham. Durham is investigating potential misconduct tied to the FBI's Trump-Russia probe. The trial has shed light on the dark arts of political opposition research -- and how campaigns dig up dirt and plant stories in the press.

Federal investigators ultimately concluded there weren't any improper Trump-Alfa cyber links.

Sussmann passed along the same information about Trump and Alfa Bank to an FBI official in September 2016. Prosecutors charged him with lying to the FBI and allege that he falsely told the FBI official that he wasn't there for a client, even though he was there on Clinton's behalf.

He has pleaded not guilty and maintains that he went "to help the FBI" as a concerned citizen, and that the Clinton campaign wouldn't have wanted him to meet with the FBI in the first place.

Mook and another top Clinton campaign official, general counsel Marc Elias, reinforced that assertion this week on the witness stand. They both testified they didn't authorize or direct Sussmann to go to the FBI with the explosive Trump tip. Mook said Friday that he didn't even know who Sussmann was during the 2016 campaign, and would've opposed an FBI meeting.

"Going to the FBI does not seem like an effective way to get information out to the public," Mook said. "You do that through the media, which is why the information was shared with the media."

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2022, 11:06 pm

To follow up on this discussion, I want to point out that Sussmann has now been unanimously ACQUITTED with the jury having some harsh words about the trial ever having been brought.

Brictoria
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2022, 11:15 pm

DW_a_mom wrote:
To follow up on this discussion, I want to point out that Sussmann has now been unanimously ACQUITTED with the jury having some harsh words about the trial ever having been brought.

Well, that verdict was expected... After all:
3 Jury members donated to Ms Clinton's campaign.
1 Jury member donated to AOC's campaign.
1 Jury member had a daughter who played on the same sports team as Mr Sussmann's daughter.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2022, 5:57 am

Brictoria wrote:
DW_a_mom wrote:

1 Jury member had a daughter who played on the same sports team as Mr Sussmann's daughter.

Some of the jurors were mainstream liberals therefore the trial must have been fixed in such a way that would cause of all jurors to act unanimously(even the ones who aren't Democratic supporters)? :scratch:

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2022, 11:56 am

Brictoria wrote:
DW_a_mom wrote:

So we’re investigating jurors backgrounds now, and no longer trusting the judge and lawyers to accurately disqualify bias during the selection process?

Have you ever sat on a jury?

I was selected for a trial where there was every reason to believe I would bias for the plaintiff. I made a point of letting them know my association hoping it would get me excused. Funny thing. The evidence led me the other way, and I voted accordingly.