Page 4 of 7 [ 103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

ironpony
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2021, 11:18 am

That's what I thought. But is that really the motivation of the Democrats since or those mayors?

Aspiegaming
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2021, 4:18 pm

People are not gonna like me for saying this, but it needs to be said.

There are people in this country that would rather have 9/11 happen again a thousand times all at once than let the opposing political party have any advantage.

If my darkness or eccentricness offends you, I don't really care.

I will not apologize for being me.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2021, 4:31 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:
1/6 was way way more then a larp. The Shaman and other theater have made it too easy to dismiss 1/6. It is too easy to dismiss 1/6 because of what did not happen instead of looking at what came too close to happening. There were members of hardcore domestic terrorist groups in that crowd. For arguments sakes lets say they were delusional role players. What would have happened if somehow the got to the Congressmen or Pence and killed them or put them on trial as part of the “game”? Is that any less bad?

If it was a serious attempt to murder the Vice President and various Senators and Representatives, how come not a single person brought a gun? Given the country we live in and the political demographics of that crowd, I think that's a very important detail that frequently gets glossed over.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2021, 9:01 pm

If 9/11 happened today, there would be tick tock footage about it, there would be more live videos of it on reddit and youtube and Facebook because I know people would be filming it with their phones and putting it online.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2021, 12:13 am

Tim_Tex wrote:
We’re more concerned about domestic, far-right terrorism now than about foreign terrorists.

1/6 changed everything just as much as 9/11.

Domestic terrorists vs foreign terrorists. Both groups were far-right.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2021, 8:13 am

Now that Afghanistan has fallen back into Taliban control it....probably WILL "happen today" ( ie happen again in the near future).

The Taliban will allow their country to be used as a staging ground for terrorist groups like Al Queda, and ISIS- just like they did in 2001. And these outside groups may well attack us again, and level a skyscraper again just like Al Queda did in 2001. And whomever is POTUS then will have no choice but to...invade Afghanistan again! Seriously - nonretaliation would not be an option because the American people would demand retaliation - and you get something like that go unpunished.

So....we will invade the place again.

And we will end up quagmired in the place again for another 20 years. And some future POTUS after that... will face an electorate demanding that we leave the place. So this second POTUS will have no choice but to set a deadline to leave...and we will have another messy withdrawl like this from the same country...in circa 2045.

Kinda like the movie "Groundhog Day" starring Bill Murray. But not as funny.

Nades
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2021, 4:10 pm

cyberdad wrote:
Depends on the nature of the attack.

Trump and Mike Pence accused China of releasing a bioweapon and curiously the Chinese government has been aggressively expanding militarily during COVID-19 since March 2020. Millions have died as a result of the virus which could well have been designed as a bioweapon. But the US isn't taking action against China.

I think it's more speculation and sabre rattling along with having to take action against a very powerful enemy.

With 9/11 it was obvious who did it as the perpetrator even publicly said he did it. The enemy was also a relatively weak one in an area that was testing the patients of allied nations anyway.

Nades
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2021, 4:33 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
Now that Afghanistan has fallen back into Taliban control it....probably WILL "happen today" ( ie happen again in the near future).

The Taliban will allow their country to be used as a staging ground for terrorist groups like Al Queda, and ISIS- just like they did in 2001. And these outside groups may well attack us again, and level a skyscraper again just like Al Queda did in 2001. And whomever is POTUS then will have no choice but to...invade Afghanistan again! Seriously - nonretaliation would not be an option because the American people would demand retaliation - and you get something like that go unpunished.

And we will end up quagmired in the place again for another 20 years. And some future POTUS after that... will face an electorate demanding that we leave the place. So this second POTUS will have no choice but to set a deadline to leave...and we will have another messy withdrawl like this from the same country...in circa 2045.

If it happens again they need to seize control of it permanently and install their own government.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2021, 4:35 pm

If 9/11 were to happen today...
...hawks would insist we invade Afghanistan for the next several decades. :nerdy:

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

ezbzbfcg2
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2021, 4:37 pm

Dox47 wrote:
If it was a serious attempt to murder the Vice President and various Senators and Representatives, how come not a single person brought a gun? Given the country we live in and the political demographics of that crowd, I think that's a very important detail that frequently gets glossed over.

Quite right. Calling that vandalism an "attempted coup" is a stretch and the event doesn't come close to 9/11 in comparison.

If 9/11 actually happened again today, the first step they'd take, before even contemplating invading another country, is push through PATRIOT ACT 2.0, which would make the original PATRIOT ACT and all these draconian lock-down laws look like hopscotch.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2021, 5:25 pm

Nades wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:

If it happens again they need to seize control of it permanently and install their own government.

You mean...do same thing we did the first time?

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2021, 7:16 pm

cyberdad wrote:
Depends on the nature of the attack.

Trump and Mike Pence accused China of releasing a bioweapon and curiously the Chinese government has been aggressively expanding militarily during COVID-19 since March 2020. Millions have died as a result of the virus which could well have been designed as a bioweapon. But the US isn't taking action against China.

Sounds about right. You can't expect Captain Bonespurs to actually do something. He was to busy playing with Twitter.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2021, 7:50 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
Nades wrote:

You mean...do same thing we did the first time?

With one difference.

ironpony
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2021, 2:32 am

Well according to some news articles, such as this one, apparently the Taliban are taking over Afghanistan:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_KMj5lrPMpk

Is this true though that Taliban are taking over the country and have practically seized Kabul?

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2021, 2:53 am

ironpony wrote:
Well according to some news articles, such as this one, apparently the Taliban are taking over Afghanistan:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_KMj5lrPMpk

Is this true though that Taliban are taking over the country and have practically seized Kabul?

Yes.

And water is wet. The sky is blue. Poison ivy is a plant that looks like ivy, but it's poison. And most humans have two eyes, and two arms, and two legs.

Did I cover all of the dumb questions that you want Captain Obvious to answer?

Or do you have some more? :lol:

And since you want us on WP to do the work of reading the newspapers for you...is there anything else that you want us to do for you as well?

Like maybe we all can follow you into the bathroom and hold your dingaling while you take a tinkle ! :lol:

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2021, 4:46 pm

Aspiegaming wrote:
People are not gonna like me for saying this, but it needs to be said.

There are people in this country that would rather have 9/11 happen again a thousand times all at once than let the opposing political party have any advantage.

QFT

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman