Page 3 of 20 [ 308 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 20  Next

Mikah
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2021, 2:34 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:
salad wrote:
IsabellaLinton wrote:
Charlotte Brontë had oral sex with Constantin Héger.

8O 8O 8O

Thereby shaping the future of English literature.

I haven't heard that one before, though I'm not a Brontë scholar by any means. I assume there is some small basis for that rather specific lurid theory? Poor saintly Charlotte Brontë.

Harry Haller
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

05 Aug 2021, 3:09 pm

Ah buh-leeeve covid is a hoax-conspiracy :lol:

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2021, 3:36 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:

Ladies of Bronte's time would...faint dead away...if they heard you say that! 8O :o

shlaifu
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2021, 3:43 pm

Mr Reynholm wrote:
Darwinian evolution is a hoax that I used to believe in. I was fascinated with it all through my elementary and high school years and read voraciously on the subject.
I started to notice that you were not allowed to ask certain questions or entertain certain ideas. Also I found that other disciplines of science do not undergird evolution at all.
I don't mean to derail this thread, this is just my experience.

you've made me curious, because I haven't come up with questions in relation to evolution that I wasn't allowed to ask - some had no answer though.
so, please, I'm interested in entertaining the idea....

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2021, 3:45 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
IsabellaLinton wrote:

Ladies of Bronte's time would...faint dead away...if they heard you say that! 8O :o

Oral was common, to prevent pregnancy. The issue is that he was married and she was caught. Her shame led to the dissolution of her dream to run a girls' school, and was the impetus for her chosen career as a writer. This forced Emily and Anne to publish novels. Charlotte wrote the first women's Bildungsroman, and Anne the first major feminist novel in British literature. These themes changed the social culture for women and paved the way for other English woman writers, most notably George Eliot, Elizabeth Gaskell, and Margaret Oliphant. The rest is history. (Or, herstory).

Actually, I could take that farther and say that the sisters' successful writing led to Branwell's death by opioids / drink, which led to Emily's and Anne's deaths by tuberculosis following his funeral. Which led to Charlotte marrying ABN to stay with her father, and dying in pregnancy at the age of 39.

Last edited by IsabellaLinton on 05 Aug 2021, 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2021, 3:57 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:
IsabellaLinton wrote:

Oral was common, to prevent pregnancy. The issue is that he was married and she was caught. Her shame led to the dissolution of her dream to run a girls' school, and was the impetus for her chosen career as a writer. This forced Emily and Anne to publish novels. Charlotte wrote the first women's Bildungsroman, and Anne the first major feminist novel in British literature. These themes changed the social culture for women and paved the way for other English woman writers, most notably George Eliot, Elizabeth Gaskell, and Margaret Oliphant. The rest is history. (Or, herstory).

So its not just your theory. Its an actual scandalous fact? Interesting.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2021, 4:03 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
IsabellaLinton wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:
IsabellaLinton wrote:

Her love for CH is well documented in torrid, desperate love letters which were torn to shreds by his wife and restitched together. Charlotte's rejection by Héger and subsequent exile from Belgium forms the psychological subtext of all her novels. I've never specifically read the oral sex theory but there are many clues in her novels, which are almost auto-biographical in nature. I see Charlotte as autistic and I can pick up on many metaphors in the passionate scenes of her books. It's plain as day to me.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2021, 4:09 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:
IsabellaLinton wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:
IsabellaLinton wrote:

Her love for CH is well documented in torrid, desperate love letters which were torn to shreds by his wife and restitched together. Charlotte's rejection by Héger and subsequent exile from Belgium forms the psychological subtext of all her novels. I've never specifically read the oral sex theory but there are many clues in her novels, which are almost auto-biographical in nature. I see Charlotte as autistic and I can pick up on many metaphors in the passionate scenes of her books. It's plain as day to me.

Gosh...I should ...get some...high culture. And read me some of those passages! :D

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2021, 5:25 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
Gosh...I should ...get some...high culture. And read me some of those passages! :D

18th and 19th century novels are rife with sex. 18th even more so.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2021, 5:32 pm

https://blogs.bl.uk/english-and-drama/2 ... heger.html

Excerpts of Charlotte's letters, to which he would not respond. :(

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2021, 5:44 pm

SabbraCadabra wrote:
I'm not sure how much of it I buy into, but I can definitely believe that 9/11 was an inside job.

You mean the ones behind it were inside the buildings rather then inside the aircraft?

I believe there was quite a lot which did not add up to the press reports about 9/11.
I remember it taking place when it first came on the TV. Never saw the same TV clip again, but the plane wing dissapeared and then re-appeared.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2021, 6:13 pm

Mountain Goat wrote:
SabbraCadabra wrote:
I'm not sure how much of it I buy into, but I can definitely believe that 9/11 was an inside job.

You mean the ones behind it were inside the buildings rather then inside the aircraft?

I believe there was quite a lot which did not add up to the press reports about 9/11.
I remember it taking place when it first came on the TV. Never saw the same TV clip again, but the plane wing dissapeared and then re-appeared.

Yaaaah....9/11 conspirascy , the one where two planes knocked down three buildings , one of which the planes never touched .????????

where ever you go ,there you are

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2021, 6:17 pm

Jakki wrote:
Mountain Goat wrote:
SabbraCadabra wrote:

Yaaaah....9/11 conspirascy , the one where two planes knocked down three buildings , one of which the planes never touched .????????

Uhmm. It was five large buildings that were destroyed by three aircraft.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2021, 6:18 pm

I like to imagine that Malaysia MH370 was kidnapped in a conspiracy and they're all still alive somewhere.

I doubt it's true, but I used to hear lots of convincing arguments. I also know a man who's connected to the mafia or some type of organised crime group and he said it was commandeered. He couldn't share the story but claimed it was true. I'm not saying I believe it for sure, and I don't know a lot about it, but I wouldn't be surprised.

Not much surprises me these days.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2021, 6:25 pm

Mountain Goat wrote:
Jakki wrote:
Mountain Goat wrote:
SabbraCadabra wrote:

Uhmm. It was five large buildings that were destroyed by three aircraft.

Was thinking of the twin towers and the smaller building next to them .. forgot about the pentagon .

where ever you go ,there you are

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2021, 6:30 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:
I like to imagine that Malaysia MH370 was kidnapped in a conspiracy and they're all still alive somewhere.

I doubt it's true, but I used to hear lots of convincing arguments. I also know a man who's connected to the mafia or some type of organised crime group and he said it was commandeered. He couldn't share the story but claimed it was true. I'm not saying I believe it for sure, and I don't know a lot about it, but I wouldn't be surprised.

Not much surprises me these days.

That is interesting because that flight was said to have some very "Important" people on board.