America's history is equally as bad as Nazi Germany

Page 5 of 9 [ 139 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2021, 8:42 pm

Misslizard wrote:
Don’t forget Latin America and what the conquistadors did.

BTW, Weren't some of the SA tribes vicious and murderous?

Once again, the problem is humanity/huwomanity, and not various white tribes.
Not rocket surgery. 8)

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2021, 8:53 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
At least we're acknowledging our culpability---like the Germans had to acknowledge their culpability.

We have to acknowledge, not ignore, history.

I have mortified some Amerians when I pointed out American atrocities.
I simply said, to the naivety: "Welcome to the club." :lmao:

kraftiekortie wrote:
But, in order to be a truly enlightened people, we have to move on from what happened in the past, learn from it, be vigilant about it never happening again.

That is why it is so important to actually know how the covid pandemic started.
Remember the days where some people used the race card to stifle discussion?
Let us scrape the egg off their faces and have breakfast.
Yummm. :mrgreen:

kraftiekortie wrote:
I did not participate in the Native American Genocide. Just like the Germans of today didn't participate in the Holocaust Some of my ancestors were victims of the Holocaust; but I don't blame the Hans Deutschlands of today for it.

Some are not as enlightened as you. 8)

kraftiekortie wrote:
In recent years, the USA has certainly lost much of its moral credibility. We have to seek to get that back.

The torture program the Bush administration engaged in was a doozy.
They will never live that down.
EEP! 8O

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2021, 10:37 pm

Pepe wrote:
Misslizard wrote:

Not rocket surgery. 8)

Yes, but I didn’t want to let the conquistadors get off without a mention.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2021, 10:55 pm

Misslizard wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Misslizard wrote:

Not rocket surgery. 8)

I did not suggest they should.
There is plenty of inhumanity to go around.
*That* is my point.

Some just like to play "politics" and pretend that it is only the white tribes who are guilty.
A self-evident nonsense to any reasonable person.
Perhaps WP should create a rule preventing such bastardisation of the Truth?

Simple minds virtue signal.
What can I say? :shrug:
I am not suggesting you are one of "those". :eew: :mrgreen:

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2021, 10:57 pm

Pepe wrote:
Weren't some of the SA tribes vicious and murderous?

Indeed. I'm not sure it justifies barbaric aggression with the justification of civilizing those people.

I'm sure there's incidents of violence between the people on North Sentinel Island, they also violently reject contact. That doesn't make forcing some outside definition of civilization on them a morally justifiable action to undertake.

You could insert any of the uncontacted peoples from South America into there instead if you prefer, if they've violently rejected contact. In those cases most of them have just retreated further because loggers with rifles tend to be the people they're most likely to make contact with.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2021, 11:01 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Weren't some of the SA tribes vicious and murderous?

Indeed. I'm not sure it justifies barbaric aggression with the justification of civilizing those people.

I'm sure there's incidents of violence between the people on North Sentinel Island, they also violently reject contact. That doesn't make forcing some outside definition of civilization on them a morally justifiable action to undertake.

You could insert any of the uncontacted peoples from South America into there instead if you prefer, if they've violently rejected contact. In those cases most of them have just retreated further because loggers with rifles tend to be the people they're most likely to make contact with.

RED ALERT! STRAW MAN ARGUMENT DETECTED!! !

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2021, 11:04 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
Equally as bad? :? How do you figure that? Hitler's Nazi's killed 6 Million Jews. America/Canada murdered ~100 Million Indigenous people. I'd say our ancestors here in the colonial new world were far worse than Hitler and his Nazi party.

Not necessarily.

That figure is probably for the entire new world. Latin America and Anglo America. There were never enough Indians north of the Rio Grande for Whites to murder a 100 million of them even over a period of 500 years. And most of that "genocide" was done by european microbes, and not by European weapons.

On top of the six million Jews who died in the death camps, another five million Gentiles ALSO died in the death camps, and Hitler started a continent wide war of aggression that resulted in the deaths of 35 million European soldiers and civilians from every corner of the continent - including five million of Hitler's own German/Austrian countrymen.

So the ratio in the body count is not as lopsided as you claim. And Hitler managed to kill his millions of victims almost entirely in the last six years of his 12 year reign. Europeans took five centuries to conquer the Amerinds in the Americas. So Hitler was worse per unit time.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2021, 11:16 pm

Pepe wrote:
Misslizard wrote:

. 8)

They didnt cross the sea to enslave Europeans.

Its true that the Aztecs would have gory human sacrifices atop pyramids. At the same time the Brits would attend badger baits, bear baits, and public hangings of humans, for entertainment. So both the old world and the new world had about the same amount of violence within their own societies. No one said that they didnt. Are you saying that the Aztecs should have crossed the sea to force the Brits to stop going to badger baiting events? Or what?

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2021, 12:56 am

naturalplastic wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Misslizard wrote:

. 8)

You missed my point that it is in human DNA to be inhuman.

naturalplastic wrote:
Its true that the Aztecs would have gory human sacrifices atop pyramids. At the same time the Brits would attend badger baits, bear baits, and public hangings of humans, for entertainment. So both the old world and the new world had about the same amount of violence within their own societies. No one said that they didn't.

Some here have definitely pointed at the greater evil in Caucasian *DNA*.
Whites are eviler than blacks.
Virtue signally nonsense, imo. 8)
"Culture" and opportunity seems to have largely been ignored in the assessment.

naturalplastic wrote:
Are you saying that the Aztecs should have crossed the sea to force the Brits to stop going to badger baiting events? Or what?

I have no idea why you have asked me this question. 8O
Non-sequitur, anyone? :mrgreen:

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2021, 1:55 am

Misslizard wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Misslizard wrote:

Not rocket surgery. 8)

Yes they deserve a gold medal in genocide olympics
https://www.businessinsider.com/climate ... ?r=AU&IR=T

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2021, 1:59 am

So there is some validity in comparing the actions Nazi Germany and the European colonisers of north and south America.

In both cases invasions were launched against peaceful communities resulting in genocide.

Native Americans, Africans and indigenous peoples in Oceania, south and south East Asia, Australia and the pacific islands may have had tribal conflicts but they didn't launch mega-invasions killing millions to create "lebensraum".

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2021, 3:27 am

Pepe wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Misslizard wrote:

. 8)

You missed my point that it is in human DNA to be inhuman.

naturalplastic wrote:
Its true that the Aztecs would have gory human sacrifices atop pyramids. At the same time the Brits would attend badger baits, bear baits, and public hangings of humans, for entertainment. So both the old world and the new world had about the same amount of violence within their own societies. No one said that they didn't.

Some here have definitely pointed at the greater evil in Caucasian *DNA*.
Whites are eviler than blacks.
Virtue signally nonsense, imo. 8)
"Culture" and opportunity seems to have largely been ignored in the assessment.

naturalplastic wrote:
Are you saying that the Aztecs should have crossed the sea to force the Brits to stop going to badger baiting events? Or what?

I have no idea why you have asked me this question. 8O
Non-sequitur, anyone? :mrgreen:

Well...it looked like you were saying that "it was ok for the whites to conquer brown folks because brown folks werent perfect". But if you werent saying that then...fine. :lol:

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2021, 3:52 am

It's a really peculiar variant of American exceptionalism that insists that we've been uniquely evil when history is positively littered with awful people doing awful things to each other; the fixation on slavery in particular is odd since the practice is literally older than the written word, and the most remarkable thing about our form of it is that we fought a bloody civil war to end it.

Thomas Sowell is really good on this stuff, his book Black Rednecks and White Liberals should be required reading, not only for his deeply researched account of the trans-Atlantic slave trade and how it ended, but also his tracing of the roots of what is commonly thought of as black culture to Scotch-Irish border culture (bonus here if you've read Albion's Seed), as well as his history of middle man minority groups such as the Jews. Without a doubt the most illuminating book I read last summer, if a little repetitious due to the multiple essay format.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2021, 6:02 am

Dox47 wrote:
It's a really peculiar variant of American exceptionalism that insists that we've been uniquely evil when history is positively littered with awful people doing awful things to each other; the fixation on slavery in particular is odd since the practice is literally older than the written word, and the most remarkable thing about our form of it is that we fought a bloody civil war to end it. .

That toy you are holding is one of the biggest reasons America exists. You know it, I know it. Stop pretending.

Mr Reynholm
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2021, 8:24 am

Gee, reading this thread makes me think that I have got to be the laziest evil caucasian on the planet. I haven't got my arse off the couch long enough to oppress, subjugate, exploit, or victimize anyone of any color. Man, my ancestors must be so ashamed of me.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2021, 10:16 am

Pepe wrote:
Misslizard wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Misslizard wrote:

Not rocket surgery. 8)

I did not suggest they should.
There is plenty of inhumanity to go around.
*That* is my point.

Some just like to play "politics" and pretend that it is only the white tribes who are guilty.
A self-evident nonsense to any reasonable person.
Perhaps WP should create a rule preventing such bastardisation of the Truth?

Simple minds virtue signal.
What can I say? :shrug:
I am not suggesting you are one of "those". :eew: :mrgreen:

I like a complete list.
The list of man’s inhumanity to man is a long one and it probably started with one upright ape bashing another one on the head for a banana.
The stakes are higher now and the saga continues.We have more effective ways of taking the bananas we want.