Page 12 of 12 [ 182 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12

Tross
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2021, 3:29 am

Aspie1 wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:
How much mandatory mitigation is the rub. With 720 children deaths out of over 700,000 American deaths IMHO most of the school mitigation and closures were unnecessary.
School closures weren't really about protecting the children---after all, children have a 0.0002% risk of getting severely sick with Biden-19. They were more about protecting the teachers and the parents, who are at higher risk. And even then, unless an adult is over 65, their risk level is still 0.03%.

Even so, it was never about the virus. It was about enhancing government control, to bring in the Great Reset and the New World Order. School closures were just an easy way to impress upon the children that their lives will never be the same, and that the Great Reset is upon us. All while George Soros and Anthony Fauci snicker at us inside their mansions, while having crowded, maskless parties.
You can wave all the statistics you want, but try telling that to people who have lost loved ones to COVID, not to mention that yours are unsourced.

So, that's the latest tin foil hat conspiracy theory, huh? Whatever happened to the notion that schools were "poisoning" the minds of children with "Liberal drivel"? :roll: While I'm glad the Far Right has come around to being in support of education, the former view holds more merit as a conspiracy by virtue of schools being a major institution in the socialization of the younger members of society.

If the goal is control, why would the government want to remove children, youth and young adults from a setting where they can far more easily be filled with whatever ideas the government sees fit? Where do you think deeply ingrained values come from? Many of them have been planted in our heads from a young age, and are now indistinguishable from our own ideas. :lol:

No, I can't imagine a government bent on exerting more control trading something as invaluable as having children separated from their parents to spend multiple hours being taught whatever the government wants them to be taught, with a much less formalized system where children are at home, not in the same space as their educators, and far more likely to be exposed to other sources of information.

For the record, I'm very much in support of education, but I certainly can't deny the school system's viability as a source of control. It would actually be easy for a government with a certain agenda to make some slight changes to the curriculum to further that agenda. A pandemic that forces school closures would actually be counter-intuitive to furthering such an agenda.

Aspie1
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2021, 5:53 am

Tross wrote:
No, I can't imagine a government bent on exerting more control trading something as invaluable as having children separated from their parents to spend multiple hours being taught whatever the government wants them to be taught, with a much less formalized system where children are at home, not in the same space as their educators, and far more likely to be exposed to other sources of information.
Zoom learning can be just as bad as in-school learning. I remember seeing a news article, where a teacher saw a firearm on a shelf though a Zoom camera, while teaching her students. The shelf was too high for the student to reach. But being a rotten liberal that she was, she narc'ed on the parents to the state. She lost, thank god. So if anything, Zoom learning gives teachers insight into the students' homes, which is top-notch material for liberal indoctrination. And that's doubleplusungood! 8)

Tross
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2021, 9:30 pm

Aspie1 wrote:
Tross wrote:
Zoom learning can be just as bad as in-school learning. I remember seeing a news article, where a teacher saw a firearm on a shelf though a Zoom camera, while teaching her students. The shelf was too high for the student to reach. But being a rotten liberal that she was, she narc'ed on the parents to the state. She lost, thank god. So if anything, Zoom learning gives teachers insight into the students' homes, which is top-notch material for liberal indoctrination. And that's doubleplusungood! 8)
Having firearms near children is a concern. Lax gun laws are exclusively an American issue though, and I'm not from that country. Besides, you've had way too much Kool-Aid to have a serious back and forth with. I hope for your sake it wasn't grape flavoured. :lol:

beady
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2021, 9:13 am

[quote="Aspie1" I remember seeing a news article, where a teacher saw a firearm on a shelf though a Zoom camera, while teaching her students. The shelf was too high for the student to reach.[/quote]

There is no shelf "too high" for any student to reach.
I own guns and would never have one that wasn't locked in storage with any minor in the house or even an untrained or unlicensed adult.
That is purely irresponsible. Reprehensible.
Ignorant of a child's capability.
An infant, perhaps, but by the age of two my child could climb fifty feet on pretty much any shelf, chair, or stack of stuff etc.

Tross
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2021, 3:29 pm

beady wrote:
Aspie1 wrote:
I remember seeing a news article, where a teacher saw a firearm on a shelf though a Zoom camera, while teaching her students. The shelf was too high for the student to reach.

There is no shelf "too high" for any student to reach.
I own guns and would never have one that wasn't locked in storage with any minor in the house or even an untrained or unlicensed adult.
That is purely irresponsible. Reprehensible.
Ignorant of a child's capability.
An infant, perhaps, but by the age of two my child could climb fifty feet on pretty much any shelf, chair, or stack of stuff etc.
I heard somewhere that there's actually a statistic of how many people in the US get shot by toddlers every day. I can't remember what it was, or where I found it, but it's higher than zero. I think it's something like seven people get shot by a toddler everyday, but I could be wrong. Those aren't deaths, sure, but any number above zero is still bad.

Tross
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2021, 4:12 am

Well, it appears that in my area there are now talks of cutting Anti-vaxxers off of EI, or at the very least making the application process take longer for them (about 8 weeks), and subjecting them to normal EI rules (it only lasts so long, as one is expected to find a job by a certain point) if they should decide to leave their job that has a vaccine mandate.

Either would be a welcome change of pace, as tax payer dollars shouldn't be wasted on people who decided to leave a job for such a petty reason. Technically, they're not actually quitting or being fired for that decision, just put on "unpaid leave", which means they can get a couple jabs and come back at any time, so if they're out of work that's 100% their choice. They can also opt to take a job that doesn't have a vaccine mandate, either in the interim, or until the state of emergency is lifted. Regardless, they ought to stop wasting taxpayer's money.