Page 29 of 29 [ 458 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2021, 4:00 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Quote:
Well, I guess we should all give up now, one action didn't accomplish  everything we want all at once  much of anything at all.
There; corrected it for you!

:D You are welcome!
I feel like having a bunch more people go from being curious to actively seeking to engage further is an accomplishment even if it's one that occurred outside of your bubble. Certainly by it's own it's not world-changing but that doesn't mean it's nothing.
So?  If there is no measurable difference between occurrence and non-occurrence, then the default assumption is non-occurrence.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2021, 4:02 pm

Axeman wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Axeman wrote:
That's my point there was no action. Some woke delusionals imagined there would be but the worker on the street didn't even know about this fantasy.

You're aware that some workers are people you'd describe as woke delusionals and you likely underestimate their numbers within the workforce. When people realize they're not in a position to make an action they plan and prepare to increase their chances of success, they don't just give up.

Taunting them likely isn't the wisest approach, remember how the establishment (and left) laughing at the Trump crowd only served to motivate them further?

I wouldn't count on that approach working better this time around, especially when it's a younger cohort that's mostly driven by worries about their future being stolen from them in exchange for further padding some people's bank accounts.

You mean people like that Tik Toker whose video I posted? Zoomers? Believe me I'm not worried.

It's not as though a whole generational cohort rejecting the misguided mindsets earlier generations grew up with won't have any impact. Cultural attitudes will never shift because those dumb kids just don't know what they're talking about. 8)

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2021, 4:04 pm

Fnord wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Quote:
Well, I guess we should all give up now, one action didn't accomplish  everything we want all at once  much of anything at all.
There; corrected it for you!

:D You are welcome!
I feel like having a bunch more people go from being curious to actively seeking to engage further is an accomplishment even if it's one that occurred outside of your bubble. Certainly by it's own it's not world-changing but that doesn't mean it's nothing.
So?  If there is no measurable difference between occurrence and non-occurrence, then the default assumption is non-occurrence.

If the default assumption is based on an uninformed premise maybe it doesn't need to be asserted? It's kind of like any other excuse one uses to speak just to hear their own voice, it doesn't contribute anything beyond noise.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Axeman
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2021, 4:05 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
Axeman wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Axeman wrote:
That's my point there was no action. Some woke delusionals imagined there would be but the worker on the street didn't even know about this fantasy.

You're aware that some workers are people you'd describe as woke delusionals and you likely underestimate their numbers within the workforce. When people realize they're not in a position to make an action they plan and prepare to increase their chances of success, they don't just give up.

Taunting them likely isn't the wisest approach, remember how the establishment (and left) laughing at the Trump crowd only served to motivate them further?

I wouldn't count on that approach working better this time around, especially when it's a younger cohort that's mostly driven by worries about their future being stolen from them in exchange for further padding some people's bank accounts.

You mean people like that Tik Toker whose video I posted? Zoomers? Believe me I'm not worried.

It's not as though a whole generational cohort rejecting the misguided mindsets earlier generations grew up with won't have any impact. Cultural attitudes will never shift because those dumb kids just don't know what they're talking about. 8)

Some homelessness may jar them out of their fantasy . Or they can pick fruit with the migrants in California.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2021, 4:19 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
Fnord wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Quote:
There; corrected it for you!  You are welcome!
If the default assumption is based on an uninformed premise maybe it doesn't need to be asserted? It's kind of like any other excuse one uses to speak just to hear their own voice, it doesn't contribute anything beyond noise.
How many times do you have to be asked to inform?  If there is evidence to support the claim that the "General Strike" had a positive global effect, then present it.  Claiming only that the alleged proof exists does not support the claim.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2021, 4:34 pm

Fnord wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Fnord wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Quote:
How many times do you have to be asked to inform?  If there is evidence to support the claim that the "General Strike" had a positive global effect, then present it.  Claiming only that the alleged proof exists does not support the claim.

Sorry, if you'd like quantifiable evidence I'm not really in a position to provide any but I also believe you'd just move your goalposts anyways.

Mainstream media outlets have covered the impact of r/antiwork and there's already been more mainstream reporting on potential action on Black Friday than anything planned for October 15th ever got. I'd say that's suggestive of significant growth and at least some momentum, whether or not that growth and momentum can be sustained and harnessed is another question.

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2021, 4:36 pm

Axeman wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Axeman wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Axeman wrote:

Some homelessness may jar them out of their fantasy . Or they can pick fruit with the migrants in California.

It's funny how your authoritarian tendencies come out anytime poor people want a living wage and to be treated with dignity in the workplace. Such unreasonable demands, those peasants should just be grateful for the crumbs that fall from their master's plate.

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2021, 4:39 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
Fnord wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Fnord wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Quote:
Sorry, if you'd like quantifiable evidence I'm not really in a position to provide any ...
Thank you.  That is all I need to know.  Your assertions are subjective and belief-based, and therefore irrelevant.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2021, 5:29 pm

Fnord wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Fnord wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Fnord wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Quote:
Sorry, if you'd like quantifiable evidence I'm not really in a position to provide any ...
Thank you.  That is all I need to know.  Your assertions are subjective and belief-based, and therefore irrelevant.

Things that happen outside of your field of vision still happen and insisting they haven't been proven to you doesn't alter that.

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

16 Nov 2021, 5:41 pm

! Cornflake wrote:
Locked on OP's request.