Page 17 of 29 [ 458 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 ... 29  Next

QuantumChemist
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2021, 1:42 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
QuantumChemist wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
QuantumChemist wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
QuantumChemist wrote:
Another job to get replaced soon by AI robots:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/lazy-crane-o ... 00567.html

If you read the full article, it is already in progress.

I love when people lack the self-awareness to realize it'll happen to their positions too eventually.

When AI can replace my mind, I will be long out of time on earth. I will welcome it BTW. It will not matter then as it can take over the reigns for all I care. My thinking skills are hard to replace that way.

You sound like all those boomers who don't care about climate change because they'll be dead soon.

f**k y'all, I got mine isn't a healthy attitude to go through life with but good luck with it.

No, I had to earn my way in life. So should everyone else.

As for climate change, I have experience in environmental chemistry. I can adapt to my job as needed.

A society guaranteeing a bare minimum to help people reach their full potential doesn't imply that no one would 'earn their way in life', but I guess if we start from a flawed premise it shouldn't be surprising that the conclusions reached are also flawed.

And how many able bodied people will get paid this wage even though they choose not to work for the money? I am not talking about disability funds to be clear. If they are given a job to clean up trash on the side of a highway in this process, how many are going to turn it down and still want their cut? No work = no pay as I see it.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2021, 1:43 pm

The U stands for universal. :wink:

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

QuantumChemist
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2021, 1:47 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
What happens when “stuff” gets beyond the confines of the clothing?

I do not want to give it away, but it involves nanobots that chemically change the waste material into something inert to our skin. How they do this is something I am going to keep for myself. Nanobots do exist right now. They are molecules that can be designed to do certain things. They were invented at Rice university back in the early 2000s. I have a research connection there.

QuantumChemist
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2021, 1:51 pm

funeralxempire wrote:

Universally lazy you mean.

QuantumChemist
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2021, 1:55 pm

Jakki wrote:
QuantumChemist wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
QuantumChemist wrote:
At that point in time, it will not matter to me. I will likely be moving away to a much better place before that happens. :lol:

And when that place also adopts UBI? :chin:

You have not figured out what I was saying yet. :D

for some the end of days cannot come soon enough .... ( the eternal Sigh)

Some have wanted me dead for quite some time. I am just realistic about my health issues.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2021, 1:57 pm

QuantumChemist wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

I do not want to give it away, but it involves nanobots that chemically change the waste material into something inert to our skin. How they do this is something I am going to keep for myself. Nanobots do exist right now. They are molecules that can be designed to do certain things. They were invented at Rice university back in the early 2000s. I have a research connection there.

and so what humans purveiw was it , "Not " to use these in the blood stream to address disabling diseases.? Some 21 years later .

where ever you go ,there you are

QuantumChemist
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2021, 2:07 pm

Jakki wrote:
QuantumChemist wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

and so what humans purveiw was it , "Not " to use these in the blood stream to address disabling diseases.? Some 21 years later .

That gets into a touchy grey area of human experimentation in biochemistry. I avoid using them for goals inside the body. Too much could go wrong on so many levels. There are research groups looking at using them in that manner, but not me. Maybe things will change in time.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2021, 2:09 pm

QuantumChemist wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:

Universally lazy you mean.

I applaud your expertise with thought-terminating clichés.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2021, 2:32 pm

UBI won’t work—unless incentives to work are provided. It must not be too high.

The more idle people—the more potential for trouble.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2021, 2:45 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:

Personally I don't think I've ever seen a UBI proposal that didn't include incentives to earn more than the bare minimum provided. People like to have more, have status, have accomplishments, etc so I don't think for a second that suddenly everyone would drop out of the economy like is sometimes fear-mongered about.

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2021, 2:55 pm

QuantumChemist wrote:
Jakki wrote:
QuantumChemist wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

That gets into a touchy grey area of human experimentation in biochemistry. I avoid using them for goals inside the body. Too much could go wrong on so many levels. There are research groups looking at using them in that manner, but not me. Maybe things will change in time.

This begs the question , what happened to the animal model of experimentation .
Often wondered if long term goals regarding this and other types of research is to stymie health and quality of life & longevity in leiu of Eugenics programs . ? 20 years is a longtime .

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2021, 3:14 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:

This is true and have most of my neighbours that live near me, adult children as living proof .

QuantumChemist
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2021, 3:56 pm

Jakki wrote:
QuantumChemist wrote:
Jakki wrote:
QuantumChemist wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

This begs the question , what happened to the animal model of experimentation .
Often wondered if long term goals regarding this and other types of research is to stymie health and quality of life & longevity in leiu of Eugenics programs . ? 20 years is a longtime .

PETA killed off many of those studies (for good reason). So scientists have been developing synthetic and computational models that can do basically the same thing. Unfortunately it will always have a human testing component attached to it to get FDA approval. That process is long and expensive. Each hurdle adds to the time until such devices can be used in medicine.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2021, 4:02 pm

Jakki wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

This is true and have most of my neighbours that live near me, adult children as living proof .

How many of them would still be with their folks if they could afford to move out? :scratch:

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2021, 6:40 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
Jakki wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

How many of them would still be with their folks if they could afford to move out? :scratch:

These are failure to thrive situations a personally acquainted with the parents and meth came to these adult children lives and the parents did not want to turn in their children .So they became scourges on their neighbourhoods . Just the tip of the iceberg.Have witnessed some pretty heinous stuff by these types .And the parents even protect them from the police. Sorry to say.

Axeman
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2021, 5:04 pm

QuantumChemist wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

That sounds too much like something out of Star Trek to be real.