Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2021, 8:56 pm

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2021, 9:21 pm

Great video, Bric! Thanks for sharing.

Case in point. Sunday night my dog became very ill. My veterinarian was closed. I was able to text his emergency number and send photos of what was happening. I thought he was going to send me to an emergency clinic, but he said I could go to any human pharmacy that dispenses medication, and he would fax them a prescription for a human antibiotic for my dog. I asked if this was just a fallback option or if it would be better to rush to an emergency vet. He told me very clearly that all of the medicines my dog has ever taken are the same medicines that people are prescribed, sometimes with very slight variations but not always.

It turned out that I didn't even need to go to a pharmacy. I recognised the name of the medication (Metronidazole) because I have an entire bottle of it here. It was prescribed for my daughter and she was told to discontinue it after a few days when she got better. I sent the vet photos of the medicine label, the dosage, and the capsules themselves. I was told how much to give my dog and sent an official veterinary prescription by email for my records.

Incidentally my new kitten took the same medicine (prescribed by vet) in liquid form, for worms. It's all gone but if I had some I could have given it to my dog. Again, it's the same stuff my daughter took for an ulcer.

Needless to say, my daughter didn't have worms.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2021, 9:36 pm

You can get medicine at the feed store that works for both animal or human.
Tetracycline is one, it’s made by Pfizer and cheaper than the pharmacy.You can order Keflex from any pet supply catalog that sells fish antibiotics.You need to know your dosage and interactions.
Doxycycline works for humans and pets but if it’s expired it will kill your dog.Also some idiots here run and eat feed store antibiotics every time they get a tick bite and that reduces the effectiveness of antibiotics.You also need to know what antibiotic works for what type of infection.An abscess will need a different type than strep throat.
There are still studies out on ivermectin.
So far they don't look that promising.
https://www.factcheck.org/2021/09/scich ... -covid-19/
You can get expensive pinworm medicine at the pharmacy or you can use dog wormer if you have wormy kids.Piperazine.People would use cattle dip on a half a lemon to kill head lice.
It’s nothing new,but If you get the dosage wrong…well you could get a hospital trip.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2021, 9:49 pm

Good info Misslizard! Very true! The dosage does matter and people need to follow the advice of their doctor (or vet!) for when to take any meds!

My favourite line in the Rogan video is when he says "I can afford people medicine, motherfkkker!" :twisted:

I'm glad he called out CNN for slander. It was a defamation of his character, and his doctor's professional integrity, for CNN to tell the world he was ingesting veterinary horse drugs like a careless lunatic.

The ties between Big Media, Big Pharma, and the Covid vaccine (e.g., Pfizer) are well established. Rogan was used as a pawn for their political agenda. I know nothing about politics and I'm not even American, but it's clear as day. The sad thing is that Rogan said flat out he's never voted Republican, but he was still slandered by CNN like some idiotic redneck radical.

Disgusting.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2021, 2:00 am

VegetableMan wrote:
Ivermectin is a human medicine that has won a Pulitzer Prize for effectiveness in slowing down replication of human viruses.

I do sincerely hope some here aren't congratulating the OPs bizarre contenion?

Ivermectin has no place in treating COVID19
https://www.fda.gov/consumers/consumer- ... t-covid-19

In future please provide links so others don't drift off topic

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2021, 2:45 am

cyberdad wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:
Ivermectin is a human medicine that has won a Pulitzer Prize for effectiveness in slowing down replication of human viruses.

The primary point of the thread is to highlight the dishonest way media operates and the motivations behind it. The conversation is on point as far as I can see.

You are the one derailing the thread.

Oscar Meyer Lansky

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2021, 2:48 am

VegetableMan wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:

The primary point of the thread is to highlight the dishonest way media operates and the motivations behind it. The conversation is on point as far as I can see.

You are the one who posted that ivermectin won a pulitzer prize for slowing down viruses. Any reason for that? My point is actually a real issue that there is a lot of misinformation about ivermectin being peddled/spread around the internet
https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/healt ... 27b0cf7fcb

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2021, 2:56 am

cyberdad wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:

You are the one who posted that ivermectin won a pulitzer prize for slowing down viruses. Any reason for that? My point is actually a real issue that there is a lot of misinformation about ivermectin being peddled/spread around the internet
https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/healt ... 27b0cf7fcb

My statement may have been erroneous, but where is your condemnation for CNN's blatent lies? To pin an anti vax label on anyone who peddles information that doesn't meet the approval of those controlling the narrative should be your major concern.

Oscar Meyer Lansky

SpiceWolf
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2021, 3:11 am

HeroOfHyrule wrote:
I cannot find anything online saying it won a "Pulitzer Prize for slowing down the replication of viruses", but I can find sources saying the men who discovered it won a Nobel Prize for it's use against parasitic infections. Do you have any sources for it "slowing down the replication of viruses", and/or ones saying that it won an award for doing so?

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41429-020-0336-z

Quote:
Ivermectin proposes many potentials effects to treat a range of diseases, with its antimicrobial, antiviral, and anti-cancer properties as a wonder drug. It is highly effective against many microorganisms including some viruses.
Several studies reported antiviral effects of ivermectin on RNA viruses such as Zika, dengue, yellow fever, West Nile, Hendra, Newcastle, Venezuelan equine encephalitis, chikungunya, Semliki Forest, Sindbis, Avian influenza A, Porcine Reproductive and Respiratory Syndrome, Human immunodeficiency virus type 1, and severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2. Furthermore, there are some studies showing antiviral effects of ivermectin against DNA viruses such as Equine herpes type 1, BK polyomavirus, pseudorabies, porcine circovirus 2, and bovine herpesvirus 1.
Studies revealed that ivermectin as a broad-spectrum drug with high lipid solubility possesses numerous effects on parasites, [1, 3] nematodes, arthropods, flavivirus, mycobacteria, and mammals through a variety of mechanisms. In addition to having antiparasitic and antiviral effects, this drug also causes immunomodulation in the host. Studies have shown its effect on inhibiting the proliferation of cancer cells, as well as regulating glucose and cholesterol in animals. Despite diverse effects of this medication, many of its underlying mechanisms are not yet known [4].
The antiviral effects of ivermectin on RNA viruses
COVID-19

In a recent in vitro study, the Vero/hSLAM cells infected with the SARS-CoV-2 or COVID-19 virus were exposed to 5 µM ivermectin in 48 h, and a 5000-fold reduction in viral RNA compared with control was found [15]. The results showed that treatment with ivermectin effectively kills almost all viral particles within 48 h. The study was the first to assess the antiviral effect of ivermectin on COVID-19. The authors acknowledged that the drug may have antiviral effects by inhibiting the importin (IMP) α/β receptor, which is responsible for transmitting viral proteins into the host cell nucleus. The authors proposed human studies to confirm the potential benefits of ivermectin in the treatment of COVID-19. Although this study was the first to confirm the antiviral effect of ivermectin on COVID-19 [15], other studies examined the antiviral effects of the drug on both RNA and DNA viruses, which are summarized in Table 1.

Bolding mine.

SpiceWolf
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2021, 3:15 am

VegetableMan wrote:
My statement may have been erroneous, but where is your condemnation for CNN's blatent lies? To pin an anti vax label on anyone who peddles information that doesn't meet the approval of those controlling the narrative should be your major concern.

You got the name of the prize wrong, the core of your argument was still valid.

We have been using this drug for decades, it's safety profile is so enviable that it's used as an anti-parasite prophylaxis in about a billion people around the world.

But the moment a study suggested it may be effective against Sars-CoV-2 instead of governments rushing to fund studies to see if this will make their nasty Corona Virus problem go away, I saw the most astonishing, *global* hate campaign, to utterly poison the minds of people without any medical knowledge(and It's been effective against a few educated people that I expected better from).

This is quite peculiar. If it was just one country, I would say that country was led by madmen, but for such a global smear campaign against a long established wonder drug, in which long established medical bodies line up to throw away their credibility for the smear campaign, one can't escape the notion that something rather sinister is going on.

Brictoria
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2021, 3:46 am

Dox47 wrote:
I love how this thread is about CNN's deception, but immediately the NPCs show up and hijack it towards an unrelated subject. Extra points for the "we need to stay on topic" guy popping in with off topic comments.

It is somewhat amusing how some wish to draw attention away from the deception being practiced by the media (in this case, CNN) regarding the presentation of a medication which is designed for humans as though it is solely used for livestock and instead try to turn it into a discussion on the effectiveness (or otherwise) of the particular medication for treating various conditions (parasitic\viral\etc.).

Off Topic
As a side note, I don't even recall Mr Rogan having stated anything about the effectiveness (or otherwise) of this particular medication. My understanding was it was mentioned (among a list of other medications\treatments) which he took as a "let's try everything and hope something works" approach.

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2021, 4:44 am

I have taken that in the past to try to get rid of a rash, but neigh, it did not work.

MaxE
Veteran
Veteran

Brictoria
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2021, 5:48 am

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2021, 5:57 am

TL;DR: Ivermectin is a medication used for humans, but not one with any record of working against Covid in human patients.

The fact that Joe Rogan got some intended for people doesn't mean there aren't people showing up at the hospital as a result of eating their horse paste.

"If you stick a knife in my back 9 inches and pull it out 6 inches, there's no progress. If you pull it all the way out, that's not progress. The progress is healing the wound that the blow made... and they won't even admit the knife is there." Malcolm X
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Brictoria
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2021, 6:20 am

funeralxempire wrote:
TL;DR: Ivermectin is a medication used for humans, but not one with any record of working against Covid in human patients.

The fact that Joe Rogan got some intended for people doesn't mean there aren't people showing up at the hospital as a result of eating their horse paste.

And you believe that this should somehow excuse a "news" organisation of taking the fact that someone was given certain medication by a doctor yet "reported" it as him taking a completely different substance (horse de-wormer)?

It would be interesting to know how many people who did "eat horse paste" did so as a result of CNN (and other media sources) claiming that Mr Rogan had taken it, and so believed it was safe as a result of that "reporting"...