Sanjay Gupta admits lies surrounding horse dewormer

Page 5 of 23 [ 357 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 23  Next

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2021, 1:11 pm

Dox47 wrote:
Misslizard wrote:
Liars should be exposed, but I’m not onboard with eating horse paste even if it is apple flavor.

That's the lie though, it wasn't "horse paste", even though many mainstream media organizations reported the story like it was. In fact, they all used the same talking points at about the same time, it almost looked coordinated.

Not talking about Rogan specifically in the comment about paste,just I’m not eating horse paste.I have insurance now ,so if I wanted ivermectin I would ask a physician.
Some things are cheaper at the feed store, like peroxide.You can get a giant jug for a few pennies more than a small bottle at the pharmacy.Same stuff.For people with warts, don’t spend money for compound W when you can buy a huge tub of Wartsoff for less.Cattle get warts also.

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2021, 1:53 pm

Tim_Tex wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Hmmm some dangerous misinformation regarding Ivermectin.

Rogan is an interesting podcaster but has a proclivity to given an "open mic" to nutjobs for the sole purpose of garnering hits/views and subscribers.

Remember, this is the guy who hosted Fear Factor, and the Man Show in its final season.

Well, there you have it. That excuses CNN's lies.

Wow! Holy s**t!

Oscar Meyer Lansky

TheRobotLives
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2021, 5:02 pm

Gupta seems to have missed asking Rogan, "Were you prescribed Ivermectin to treat COVID?"?

It seems so ..

Joe Rogan Says He Has COVID-19 And Has Taken The Drug Ivermectin
https://www.npr.org/2021/09/01/10334851 ... ivermectin

Joe Rogan podcast touting ivermectin as part of his COVID-19 treatment, despite the FDA calling it 'dangerous'
https://www.businessinsider.com/joe-rog ... -19-2021-9

But this means his doctor is quack or Rogan is lieing.

It might even be illegal for his doctor to do that.

Health panel suspends Washington physician assistant's license after alleged ivermectin prescription,
https://www.khq.com/news/health-panel-s ... 3aed9.html

Gupta should of further asked, "Since your doctor is doing this quackery/illegal activity, were you prescribed the horse (mega strength) version of the drug? Thinking it would be more effective in killing COVID"?

Be the hero of your life.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2021, 5:47 pm

He got the pony dose.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2021, 7:28 pm

MaxE wrote:

It would appear once again that presentation of facts takes a back seat to attacking CNN and perpetuating the myth of the "dangerous left wing media" cancelling free speech.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2021, 7:32 pm

TheRobotLives wrote:
Gupta seems to have missed asking Rogan, "Were you prescribed Ivermectin to treat COVID?"?

It seems so ..

Joe Rogan Says He Has COVID-19 And Has Taken The Drug Ivermectin
https://www.npr.org/2021/09/01/10334851 ... ivermectin

Joe Rogan podcast touting ivermectin as part of his COVID-19 treatment, despite the FDA calling it 'dangerous'
https://www.businessinsider.com/joe-rog ... -19-2021-9

But this means his doctor is quack or Rogan is lieing.

It might even be illegal for his doctor to do that.

Health panel suspends Washington physician assistant's license after alleged ivermectin prescription,
https://www.khq.com/news/health-panel-s ... 3aed9.html

Gupta should of further asked, "Since your doctor is doing this quackery/illegal activity, were you prescribed the horse (mega strength) version of the drug? Thinking it would be more effective in killing COVID"?

So is this a lie (as the OP and his "cheer squad" claim) or is the media trying to cancel Rogan (he already promotes the use hallucinogens for recreational purposes) or is Sanjay Gupta guilty for not being diligent enough?

I'm a little confused where this thread is heading?

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2021, 1:10 am

VegetableMan wrote:
This is the type of disinformation that I love exposing via social media platforms because it proves my point all day long about corporate media and the garbage they peddle for dollars.

Rogan, of course, got savaged by corporate media for saying he used a medicine that has been declared a "veterinarian medicine" when it's clearly not. Ivermectin is a human medicine that has won a Pulitzer Prize for effectiveness in slowing down replication of human viruses.

If you blindly believe what the media says you are a fool. 8)

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2021, 3:39 am

Pepe wrote:
If you blindly believe what the media says you are a tool. 8)

One letter fix for you,buddy.

Brictoria
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2021, 7:21 am

Exiting the NPC script [1] - designed to take this thread off-topic through discussing the effectiveness (or otherwise) of the substance - it's nice to see that at least one CNN employee recognises the problem this thread was designed to discuss:

Quote:
One of CNN's political commentator's, Mary Katherine Ham, has spoken out against her employer and defended podcast presenter Joe Rogan who earlier this week accused the network of 'lying' about his use of ivermectin when he had coronavirus.

In a clip from Wednesday's The Joe Rogan Experience that went viral, Rogan grilled CNN's chief medical correspondent Dr. Sanjay Gupta about the broadcaster's coverage of his use of the drug after he was diagnosed with Covid-19, which he claims he recovered from in five days.

After a tense back-and-forth, Gupta eventually agreed that the anti-parasite drug, which was prescribed to Rogan by a doctor, should never have been described by CNN as a horse de-wormer.

The argument appeared to rumble on Friday when Ham tweeted in support of Rogan's accusation, branding the reporting 'horses***' - although she did not call out the network by name.

'Rogan is right that it's dishonest to say he took horse dewormer when he did not,' Ham tweeted.

'It was irresistible to dunk on him for a lot of people, so they went with that instead of sticking to 'hey, this anti-parasitic isn't recommended for COVID treatment,' which would've been credible.'

Ham continued as she responded to a follow up tweet by Federalist political editor John Daniel Davidson, who wrote: 'Well, it WAS recommended by Rogan's doctor, so that also wouldn't be credible. And it's not like Rogan's doc is the only one in the country recommending Ivermectin off-label. The MOST they could have said, credibly, is that the CDC doesn't recommend it.'

Ham responded: 'Agreed, I'm not looking to explicate the entire Ivermectin fight in one tweet. That was shorthand for a pronouncement that would have been more suitable than 'he's taking horse dewormer,' which is just straight, well, horses---.'

[...]

In response to a clip of Lemon talking with Gupta, Substack journalist Glenn Greenwald jumped to Rogan's defense, writing: 'There is zero ambiguity they lied about Joe Rogan.'

'They told viewers he took horse dewormer: a 100% lie. He took the human version of ivermectin prescribed by his medical doctor,' Greenwald tweeted out on Thursday. 'But as I said, lying is not frowned upon at CNN: it's encouraged.'

'It's true that ivermectin is not approved for treatment of COVID. That has nothing with the lie CNN told. They said Rogan took horse dewormer. He didn't. And CNN and Don Lemon are such little people, with so little integrity, they can't admit they lied,' he added angrily.

Source: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10098175/CNN-political-commentator-Mary-Katharine-Ham-sided-podcast-giant-Joe-Rogan-acccused-lying.html

Off Topic
[1] It'll be interesting to see how long it takes before they try dragging it back in that same off-topic direction...

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2021, 7:35 am

Pepe wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:
This is the type of disinformation that I love exposing via social media platforms because it proves my point all day long about corporate media and the garbage they peddle for dollars.

Rogan, of course, got savaged by corporate media for saying he used a medicine that has been declared a "veterinarian medicine" when it's clearly not. Ivermectin is a human medicine that has won a Pulitzer Prize for effectiveness in slowing down replication of human viruses.

If you blindly believe what the media says you are a fool. 8)

Considering That A Pulitzer Prize is Something You Win For Journalism, Literature, Or Other Artistic Achievements;

And Considering now that Ivermectin IS A VETERINARIAN DRUG USED TO DEWORM HORSES AND A HUMAN DRUG
APPROVED TO TREAT PARASITES, YET NOT APPROVED TO TREAT ANY KIND OF VIRUS IN HUMANS AND CERTAINLY

NOT COVID-19
AS THE CDC DIRECTS
IT IS DANGEROUS TO USE
IT FOR THAT PURPOSE AND

IT IS NOT APPROVED FOR THAT
PURPOSE BY THE FDA; YES, IT WAS

DANGEROUS for Joe Rogan, A Showman,
on a Podcast With Millions of Fans Who Take
His Every Word As Gospel Truth to Tout Ivermectin

As a Valuable Drug to Treat His Covid-19; No Matter

If Some Fool of a Doctor Prescribed it to Treat Covid-19
Or Not; And Rogan Only Clarified What Kind of Ivermectin

He used After

He Got All Kinds

of Shade Thrown At

Him By Jim Acosta For

Saying Such an Irresponsible

And Very Potentially Harmful Statement

To His Minions From His Podcast to Go Out and

Do Something Stupid And End up taking up Space
in the Hospital For A Drug That Could Actually cause Death

For Unapproved Use. So Here You Go, Quoting Misinformation

About A Drug Again. i Don't See Where Anyone Here Treated the OP

With Any Disrespect As He is Not a Celebrity Like Joe Rogan; We All Just

Corrected Misinformation That Could Be Potentially Dangerous too if someone
Actually Thought

That Ivermectin

Was Approved to
Treat Viruses Like
Covid-19; Whereas,

The Truth is a Developer of
the Drug Ivermectin to Treat Parasites

In Humans Won a Nobel Prize And Not
A Pulitzer Prize and NOT FOR TREATING

ANY VIRUS

IN HUMAN BEINGS...

THAT'S MUCH MORE IMPORTANT

TO CORRECT THAT FALLACY THAN

GET ALL BUTTHURT OVER ACOSTA THROWING

SOME WELL DESERVED SHADE AT THE PODCAST

CELEBRITY CONSPIRACY THEORIST ROGAN; NO DIFFERENT

THAN IF IT WAS

HIS BUDDY

(ROGAN'S BUDDY)

'THE GAY FROG BASHER'
ALEX JONES KING OF ALL
THE CONSPIRACY THEORISTS

Including Protege Joe Rogan...

Ivermectin is approved to Treat
Horse Worms and Parasites in Humans.

Sly Jim Acosta Took Advantage of the Fact
That Rogan Didn't Specify Which One He Used...

Well Deserved Shade Indeed; And Joe Rogan Knows God
Damn Well

Acosta Was

Well Within
Legal Rights
to Throw that Shade...

Yet of Course suggesting He
Might Sue CNN is Just More

Stirring the Pot to Win His Minion Target Audience...

And again, He's (Rogan) Entertaining as Long as You Understand
He's just a Clown....

NOPE, His
Target

Audience

Overall

Ain't that Sharp...

And that is what
Makes Joe Rogan Such A Danger..

And He (Rogan) Understands That And Moved
Away from YouTube Where He Would

Have been Eventually

'Regulated'

For 'that
Stunt'... And
Many Potential
Others still to come...

Highly Unlikely Joe Rogan
Would Have taken something
like that to actually endanger his health

Unless He

Is Actually That Ignorant...

i Doubt it; or he wouldn't
have made it this far.... 'in life'...

From His Life History; he'd almost
have to be smarter than that to make it this far...

And No, Jim Acosta Didn't Fall-Off A Fox News Turnip Truck Either...

All You Have
To Do in
This

"Game'

Is Match the
Needs of 'the Target Audience'...

I Know 'that Target Audience' Very Well...

Fox News Plays 'the Game' Almost As Well as Trump...

Joe Rogan Plays His Violin Pretty Damned Turnip-Truck Tuned too...

Gravatar is one of the coolest things ever!! !

http://en.gravatar.com/katiemiafrederick

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2021, 9:03 am

cyberdad wrote:
MaxE wrote:

It would appear once again that presentation of facts takes a back seat to attacking CNN and perpetuating the myth of the "dangerous left wing media" cancelling free speech.

There has been plenty of discussion and information presented on Ivermectin. Nobody is pushing disinformation. I already stated that I misspoke in my initial post.

But here you are standing up for blatent disinformation from CNN. Truly pathetic!

Oscar Meyer Lansky

MaxE
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2021, 9:06 am

VegetableMan wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
MaxE wrote:

There has been plenty of discussion and information presented on Ivermectin. Nobody is pushing disinformation. I already stated that I misspoke in my initial post.

But here you are standing up for blatent disinformation from CNN. Truly pathetic!

My link is from Buzzfeed News, not certain whether that was a cause for confusion.

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2021, 11:47 am

MaxE wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
MaxE wrote:

My link is from Buzzfeed News, not certain whether that was a cause for confusion.

The problem is we are really up against it when digesting the information we receive. Official sources lie, and non-official sources lie. Being a total apologist for either is worrisome and foolish.

Oscar Meyer Lansky

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2021, 2:28 pm

VegetableMan wrote:
MaxE wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
MaxE wrote:

The problem is we are really up against it when digesting the information we receive. Official sources lie, and non-official sources lie. Being a total apologist for either is worrisome and foolish.

People who blindly believe everything/k they hear are fools and tools. 8)

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2021, 3:08 pm

Pepe wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:
MaxE wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
MaxE wrote:

People who blindly believe everything/k they hear are fools and tools. 8)

Pretty much. But I hesitate to use the word "fools," since I used to be one of them -- over ten years ago.

Oscar Meyer Lansky

TheRobotLives
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2021, 3:20 pm

cyberdad wrote:
I'm a little confused where this thread is heading?

This whole discussion is that CNN should of called it a *human de-wormer* not a *horse de-wormer*.

However, likely, in the US, it rarely ever gets used on humans, likely, human worms is a rare problem in first world countries.

It's not even clear how Rogan thinks he has "COVID worms".

So, it's so outlandish and in medicine it's probably primary known as a *horse de-wormer* that he invites the label of *horse de-wormer*.

Mayo clinic ..
https://www.mayoclinic.org/drugs-supple ... 064397?p=1

"Ivermectin is used in the treatment of certain worm infections."

"Ivermectin appears to work by paralyzing and then killing the offspring of adult worms. It may also slow down the rate at which adult worms reproduce"

Be the hero of your life.