Sanjay Gupta admits lies surrounding horse dewormer

Page 17 of 23 [ 357 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 ... 23  Next

MaxE
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 2 Sep 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,577
Location: Mid-Atlantic US

07 Nov 2021, 1:05 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:
IVM is FDA-approved for human use.

End story.

For parasites not virii. MDs are quite often poorly informed on topics outside their specialty. My urologist was gravely concerned about a mole that a dermatologist then told me was both common and benign. Sanjay Gupta is a neurosurgeon. I am not shocked he doesn't know the common uses of Ivermectin. Surgeons tend to not know much outside their specialty. For a long time, I had thought Lasix was a horse medicine until it was prescribed to my Mother-in-Law. You can argue all you want but it's silly to care one way or the other.


_________________
My WP story


IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 1 Nov 2017
Gender: Female
Posts: 43,889

07 Nov 2021, 1:26 pm

I don’t care one way or the other, and CNN shouldn’t either. That’s my point. It’s no one’s business to judge another person for the medications they’re prescribed.

We have no idea why Rogan was prescribed IVM. That’s between him and his doctor. Just because he had Covid it doesn’t mean that’s why it was prescribed. He could have had a gastro problem, other diagnoses, or other test results related / unrelated to Covid. His medical information is private and doesn’t need to be explained.

Rogan was reportedly prescribed many other medications as well, not just IVM. He recovered and that’s all that matters. I hope no one would wish ill on him or anyone else in response to following doctor’s orders.

I’d hate to think if any of us were seriously ill and our doctors prescribed FDA-approved medications, we’d be heckled and made scapegoats for a political agenda designed to humiliate us on the world stage.


_________________
self-esteem codicil and emotional vibrator


Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 11 Jun 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 19,167
Location: Australia

07 Nov 2021, 1:45 pm

cyberdad wrote:
IsabellaLinton wrote:
Calling out CNN or mainstream media has nothing to do with politics in my mind.


I can be a little more brutal about why people are piling up on CNN but I won't. The medical establishment in your country are behind both CNN and Sanjay Gupta.

Rogan deservedly got an absolute roasting from an experienced emergency doctor who has worked with COVID patients



You can *always* find some "expert" to service a political narrative.
That is why I stopped having serious debates with FXE.
He had a treasure trove of "alternate facts". :mrgreen:

Both sides of politics do this.
But *I* am not "both sides of politics". 8)


_________________
Laughter is the best medicine. Age-appropriate behaviour is an arbitrary NT social construct.
Don't tell me white lies. Gaslight me at your peril. Don't give me your bad attitude. Hypnosis, psychosis. Tomarto, tomayto. There are *4* lights. Honey badger.
If I'm so bad, pass me by. ;)


And one more thing,


"A stranger is a friend gang-stalker you haven't met yet." Humour is not meant to be taken seriously, yet many pervert its intent.
Truth may be inconvenient but it is never politically incorrect...The Oracle of Truth has spoken...8)


I luv KFC!


Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 11 Jun 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 19,167
Location: Australia

07 Nov 2021, 1:58 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
IsabellaLinton wrote:
Calling out CNN or mainstream media has nothing to do with politics in my mind.


I can be a little more brutal about why people are piling up on CNN but I won't. The medical establishment in your country are behind both CNN and Sanjay Gupta.

Rogan deservedly got an absolute roasting from an experienced emergency doctor who has worked with COVID patients



Ah, but all the paranoiac anti-vaxxers don't believe in real medical science, anyhow. So the medical establishment's support of Dr. Gupta and CNN won't mean anything to them.


And the absolute belief that the Wuhan virus lab leak couldn't have happened was also "scientific"...
Erm, until the political butt protecting was unearthed. :mrgreen:

You have a habit of embracing anything *your* side of politics presents.
I suggest you gain some objectivity and embrace an open-minded approach to whatever any politician and their affiliates promulgate.
Blindly following what people say, especially those with a vested interest, means you are simply being used.

But I am talking to the air. <shrug>
I find hyperpartisanship tiresome. :? :wink:


_________________
Laughter is the best medicine. Age-appropriate behaviour is an arbitrary NT social construct.
Don't tell me white lies. Gaslight me at your peril. Don't give me your bad attitude. Hypnosis, psychosis. Tomarto, tomayto. There are *4* lights. Honey badger.
If I'm so bad, pass me by. ;)


And one more thing,


"A stranger is a friend gang-stalker you haven't met yet." Humour is not meant to be taken seriously, yet many pervert its intent.
Truth may be inconvenient but it is never politically incorrect...The Oracle of Truth has spoken...8)


I luv KFC!


Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 11 Jun 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 19,167
Location: Australia

07 Nov 2021, 2:01 pm

Dox47 wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
So? Rogan is clearly wrong, and CNN right.


In what sense? CNN said he took a veterinary medicine, and he did not, he took medicine he was prescribed by a doctor, the human version, i.e. CNN lied about him.


Please don't insert facts into this discussion. :mrgreen:


_________________
Laughter is the best medicine. Age-appropriate behaviour is an arbitrary NT social construct.
Don't tell me white lies. Gaslight me at your peril. Don't give me your bad attitude. Hypnosis, psychosis. Tomarto, tomayto. There are *4* lights. Honey badger.
If I'm so bad, pass me by. ;)


And one more thing,


"A stranger is a friend gang-stalker you haven't met yet." Humour is not meant to be taken seriously, yet many pervert its intent.
Truth may be inconvenient but it is never politically incorrect...The Oracle of Truth has spoken...8)


I luv KFC!


Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 11 Jun 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 19,167
Location: Australia

07 Nov 2021, 2:04 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Dox47 wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
So? Rogan is clearly wrong, and CNN right.


In what sense? CNN said he took a veterinary medicine, and he did not, he took medicine he was prescribed by a doctor, the human version, i.e. CNN lied about him.


A veterinary medicine prescribed by his doctor.


Based on what I have read, in this thread, CNN *misrepresented* the situation.
I believe this has been settled. 8)
Tangents are tangents, are they not? :scratch:


_________________
Laughter is the best medicine. Age-appropriate behaviour is an arbitrary NT social construct.
Don't tell me white lies. Gaslight me at your peril. Don't give me your bad attitude. Hypnosis, psychosis. Tomarto, tomayto. There are *4* lights. Honey badger.
If I'm so bad, pass me by. ;)


And one more thing,


"A stranger is a friend gang-stalker you haven't met yet." Humour is not meant to be taken seriously, yet many pervert its intent.
Truth may be inconvenient but it is never politically incorrect...The Oracle of Truth has spoken...8)


I luv KFC!


Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 11 Jun 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 19,167
Location: Australia

07 Nov 2021, 2:06 pm

MaxE wrote:
IsabellaLinton wrote:
IVM is FDA-approved for human use.

End story.

For parasites not virii. MDs are quite often poorly informed on topics outside their specialty. My urologist was gravely concerned about a mole that a dermatologist then told me was both common and benign. Sanjay Gupta is a neurosurgeon. I am not shocked he doesn't know the common uses of Ivermectin. Surgeons tend to not know much outside their specialty. For a long time, I had thought Lasix was a horse medicine until it was prescribed to my Mother-in-Law. You can argue all you want but it's silly to care one way or the other.


The bottom line is that CNN *misrepresented* the situation. 8)


_________________
Laughter is the best medicine. Age-appropriate behaviour is an arbitrary NT social construct.
Don't tell me white lies. Gaslight me at your peril. Don't give me your bad attitude. Hypnosis, psychosis. Tomarto, tomayto. There are *4* lights. Honey badger.
If I'm so bad, pass me by. ;)


And one more thing,


"A stranger is a friend gang-stalker you haven't met yet." Humour is not meant to be taken seriously, yet many pervert its intent.
Truth may be inconvenient but it is never politically incorrect...The Oracle of Truth has spoken...8)


I luv KFC!


Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Apr 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 44,407
Location: Spokane area, Washington state.

07 Nov 2021, 3:19 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:
IVM is FDA-approved for human use.

End story.


That still doesn't make it a miracle cure for Covid19.


_________________
-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer


IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 1 Nov 2017
Gender: Female
Posts: 43,889

07 Nov 2021, 3:21 pm

I didn’t say it was.


_________________
self-esteem codicil and emotional vibrator


Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Apr 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 44,407
Location: Spokane area, Washington state.

07 Nov 2021, 3:26 pm

Pepe wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Dox47 wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
So? Rogan is clearly wrong, and CNN right.


In what sense? CNN said he took a veterinary medicine, and he did not, he took medicine he was prescribed by a doctor, the human version, i.e. CNN lied about him.


A veterinary medicine prescribed by his doctor.


Based on what I have read, in this thread, CNN *misrepresented* the situation.
I believe this has been settled. 8)
Tangents are tangents, are they not? :scratch:


Not a all. Some doctors are quacks who espouse specious cures. Many celebrities have doctors who prescribe anything the celebrity patient asks for (in most cases, recreational drugs, or with Michael Jackson, that dangerous substance that's supposed to keep away dreams).


_________________
-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer


IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 1 Nov 2017
Gender: Female
Posts: 43,889

07 Nov 2021, 3:45 pm

So if they think Rogan’s doctor is a quack, they should have attacked his doctor instead of attacking Rogan for following orders when he was extremely ill. (Assuming of course it’s any of their business to politicise, judge, and otherwise exploit a citizen’s health care in the media for capital gain).


Besides

If Covid derived from bats wouldn’t it stand to reason that human medicines which can work on animal illnesses might help?

I’m not defending IVM. I’m defending a person’s right to medical sovereignty and freedom of choice, without being treated like a pawn by Big Media.

Is CNN also applauding the medicines which helped Rogan, and those treatments?


_________________
self-esteem codicil and emotional vibrator


Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Apr 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 44,407
Location: Spokane area, Washington state.

07 Nov 2021, 3:54 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:
So if they think Rogan’s doctor is a quack, they should have attacked his doctor instead of attacking Rogan for following orders when he was extremely ill. (Assuming of course it’s any of their business to politicise, judge, and otherwise exploit a citizen’s health care in the media for capital gain).


Besides

If Covid derived from bats wouldn’t it stand to reason that human medicines which can work on animal illnesses might help?

I’m not defending IVM. I’m defending a person’s right to medical sovereignty and freedom of choice, without being treated like a pawn by Big Media.

Is CNN also applauding the medicines which helped Rogan, and those treatments?


No, because Rogan has been spreading misinformation about Covid19. Nothing of anyone being a pawn of "big media" about it.
Again, I suspect Rogan has a doctor, who like with some other celebrities, will prescribe whatever said celebrity requests, which usually entails recreational drugs. Listening to the snippets provided, I got the impression this was stuff Rogan had asked for.


_________________
-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer


IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 1 Nov 2017
Gender: Female
Posts: 43,889

07 Nov 2021, 4:24 pm

Funny he survived nonetheless. Whatever he took, it saved his life.

I admit I don't follow politics, I don't know anything about this story except what's written in this thread, and I've only seen Rogan a couple of times in my life. He does appear to be extremely healthy and fit, a person who takes his health very seriously. I believe he used to be an athlete or something. I'm sure he doesn't have a quack doctor who would prescribe something unsafe especially when he's in the public spotlight on his podcasts.

Who knows.

Either way, it didn't kill him and CNN slandered him by representing IVM as "horse medicine".


_________________
self-esteem codicil and emotional vibrator


Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 28 Jan 2008
Gender: Male
Posts: 11,790
Location: Seattle-ish

07 Nov 2021, 4:41 pm

Uggh.

What this comes down to is Kraichgauer and people like him don't like Joe Rogan because media like CNN and MSNBC, who they identify with, tell them he's bad (they'd never actually bother to listen to him), and so take sides according to who they do and don't like regardless of the facts, that's all there is here. It's brain-dead partisanship all the way down.


_________________
“The totally convinced and the totally stupid have too much in common for the resemblance to be accidental.”
-- Robert Anton Wilson


Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Apr 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 44,407
Location: Spokane area, Washington state.

07 Nov 2021, 4:46 pm

Dox47 wrote:
Uggh.

What this comes down to is Kraichgauer and people like him don't like Joe Rogan because media like CNN and MSNBC, who they identify with, tell them he's bad (they'd never actually bother to listen to him), and so take sides according to who they do and don't like regardless of the facts, that's all there is here. It's brain-dead partisanship all the way down.


No, I dislike Rogan because he's a fountain of misinformation, and a not particularly funny comic.


_________________
-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer


Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 28 Jan 2008
Gender: Male
Posts: 11,790
Location: Seattle-ish

07 Nov 2021, 4:48 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:

No, as Xanax can be prescribed for an animal's medical needs. Horse dewormer, no matter how you cut it, is meant for horses and other animals, not people.


Since words seem to be too much for you, let's try pictures instead.

This is prescription Ivermectin for humans (the drugs original purpose):

Image

This is veterinary Ivermectin for horses and livestock:

Image

Joe Rogan took this:

Image

He did not take this:

Image

CNN claimed he took this:

Image

CNN are a bunch of liars, and if you continue to claim otherwise, so are you.


_________________
“The totally convinced and the totally stupid have too much in common for the resemblance to be accidental.”
-- Robert Anton Wilson