Sanjay Gupta admits lies surrounding horse dewormer

Page 19 of 23 [ 357 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2021, 5:46 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:
If CNN wanted to play a role in this story at all, they should have made a statement such as:

"We understand that Joe Rogan is sick with Covid. Our thoughts and wishes are with him at this time and we wish him a speedy recovery."

If JR later discussed his use of IVM as one medication dispensed by the hospital and by his state-licensed doctor, and CNN felt this was dangerous, they might have run information ads to differentiate horse paste from human prescriptions. A public awareness campaign could have educated people and / or prohibited vet supply vendors from selling the drug without a veterinary prescription. They could have clarified this without insinuating that JR is an idiot, his doctor is a quack, or that he put public safety at risk by naming his meds.

Nah, they went with this instead:

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2021, 5:50 pm

Dox47 wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
People have died from taking the dewormer animal paste, after going to animal supply stores rather than getting the medical prescription.

Source?

https://arstechnica.com/science/2021/08 ... art-covid/

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2021, 5:51 pm

Dox47 wrote:
IsabellaLinton wrote:
If CNN wanted to play a role in this story at all, they should have made a statement such as:

"We understand that Joe Rogan is sick with Covid. Our thoughts and wishes are with him at this time and we wish him a speedy recovery."

If JR later discussed his use of IVM as one medication dispensed by the hospital and by his state-licensed doctor, and CNN felt this was dangerous, they might have run information ads to differentiate horse paste from human prescriptions. A public awareness campaign could have educated people and / or prohibited vet supply vendors from selling the drug without a veterinary prescription. They could have clarified this without insinuating that JR is an idiot, his doctor is a quack, or that he put public safety at risk by naming his meds.

Nah, they went with this instead:

I'll trust Anderson Cooper long before I trust Rogan.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2021, 5:57 pm

It's unbelievable really.

What type of apology has CNN issued, other than Gupta's lame and awkward admission that they lied?

It's a defamation of character aimed at one specific person, seemingly a person they wanted to discredit.

It's no coincidence that Big Pharma owns the media.

I can't believe no one can see through the crap, or denounce it for what it is.

For all we know JR had a parasite or other illness requiring IVM, as a manifestation of the virus. Maybe he ate bad hospital food. Maybe he screened positive for a parasitic infection. Maybe it was used experimentally to save his life.

It's none of our bloody business why he took a medicine, and it shouldn't have anything to do with politics.

Has CNN even said they're glad he recovered?

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2021, 5:59 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:
People fight for women's right to abortion because it's understood that people should be free to control their own body, and make medical decisions in their own best interest. I thought that was a (predominantly) left-wing opinion?

Yeah, abortion rights is still a left wing cause, but here in the US they also back vaccine mandates and other government intrusion into your personal medical care, so they're not very consistent about it.

IsabellaLinton wrote:
What about assisted suicide? Isn't that more left-wing? It's the person's body, and the person's choice.

Eh, that really hasn't come up in a while, but to the extent that it does, I think you could call that a liberal position, with some overlap from the libertarian right.

IsabellaLinton wrote:
What about freedom of religion, freedom of assembly, freedom of speech, freedom of gender identity and sexual orientation, among other liberties?

Aren't they left-wing?

Uh, well, that's complicated, as the modern left really doesn't like freedom of speech or religion, and has gotten really weird about gender identity, being in thrall to some very loud trans activists who are pushing a minority position onto a majority who is mostly just afraid of being called bigots and suffering professional consequences. This has been jarring for someone like me who grew up in the 90s, when the primary threat to free speech was the religious right and the defenders were on the left, where now it's precisely the opposite, with left wing culture warriors attempting to label any speech they find objectionable as "hate speech" and punish the speaker, socially if not legally, and embarking on a campaign to chill free speech by publicly pillorying (canceling, in the modern vernacular) people who step out of line.

IsabellaLinton wrote:
In keeping with these beliefs in human sovereignty and personal autonomy being "Liberal", I don't understand why a person who chooses to take a medication prescribed by their doctor, in a hospital setting, is denied this agency and considered a redneck, right-wing fool.

Like I said, these people really hate those who they can't control, and Joe Rogan is too big to cancel, so all they can do is rage and seethe.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2021, 6:00 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
I'll trust Anderson Cooper long before I trust Rogan.

Of course you would.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2021, 6:02 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:

That article doesn't say anyone died; you said people are dying, are you lying?

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2021, 6:07 pm

Dox47 wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Are you blind? The article clearly states it can kill you. And you chose to ignore the other consequences of puking and the Hershey squirts caused by your miracle dewormer. Not something I'd want to experience.

Here's yet another article.

https://www.metrotimes.com/news-hits/ar ... r-covid-19

Last edited by Kraichgauer on 07 Nov 2021, 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2021, 6:08 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:

What type of apology has CNN issued, other than Gupta's lame and awkward admission that they lied?

It's a defamation of character aimed at one specific person, seemingly a person they wanted to discredit.

For all we know JR had a parasite or other illness requiring IVM, as a manifestation of the virus. Maybe he ate bad hospital food. Maybe he screened positive for a parasitic infection. Maybe it was used experimentally to save his life.

It's none of our bloody business why he took a medicine, and it shouldn't have anything to do with politics.

But he was diagnosed with Covid19, not a parasite.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2021, 6:13 pm

Funny thing is I don't hate CNN. I certainly don't watch them much, like I don't watch any news. I like Anderson Cooper overall. Bottom line though, I take what they say with a grain of salt. I know they're politically-motivated, they're biased, they're promoting a party line. I understand that and that's why I limit my exposure, or think critically about what I'm told.

My issue is specific to this case. They railroaded one person, en masse, to promote vaccines and discredit personal freedoms. They lied repeatedly, without journalistic integrity, to bring a human being down. It's different to attack systems, or groups, or ideologies.

They attacked one person, and that's where I draw the line.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2021, 6:17 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
IsabellaLinton wrote:

You do realise that Covid weakens the entire body, and especially the digestive system?

You do realise that Covid makes people susceptible to other illnesses?

Sorry Kraich, I'm not attacking you. I just don't understand why people assume they know better than a person's private doctors in a hospital setting, why medications have been prescribed. Even if it was experimental, so what? It didn't kill him, and bottom line it wasn't HORSE DEWORMER like they said multiple times in defamation of his character or his doctor's informed discretion.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2021, 6:22 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Are you blind? The article clearly states it can kill you. And you chose to ignore the other consequences of puking and the Hershey squirts caused by your miracle dewormer. Not something I'd want to experience.

Are you? Here's what you said:

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=400813&start=272#p8900786

You said people have died, no one has died, therefore you are lying again, as is your practice here. Are you claiming you didn't say that people have died from taking Ivermectin for Covid? My screenshot says otherwise, so unless you have proof that anyone has died, you lied. Try to wriggle off that hook all you want, it'll just make it worse.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2021, 6:25 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Dox47 wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

:lol: Give up Kraichie, their eyes are on bashing CNN over Joe Rogan's right to inject himself with wack treatments and then promote it to his 11 million subscribers. I expect this from DOX47 but little disappointed others are buying this nonsense

Last edited by cyberdad on 07 Nov 2021, 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2021, 6:26 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
IsabellaLinton wrote:

You do realise that Covid weakens the entire body, and especially the digestive system?

You do realise that Covid makes people susceptible to other illnesses?

Sorry Kraich, I'm not attacking you. I just don't understand why people assume they know better than a person's private doctors in a hospital setting, why medications have been prescribed. Even if it was experimental, so what? It didn't kill him, and bottom line it wasn't HORSE DEWORMER like they said multiple times in defamation of his character or his doctor's informed discretion.

If only some others on this forum weren't making personal attacks. :roll:
Yes, Covid weakens one's body, but that wouldn't cause a parasite to spontaneously appear Rogan's gut.
Again, from listening to Rogan, I got the impression Rogan was selfprescribing, and possibly had one of those Hollywood doctors who filled said prescription on demand.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2021, 6:27 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Rogan was selfprescribing, and possibly had one of those Hollywood doctors who filled said prescription on demand.

That's precisely what i said :D

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2021, 6:36 pm

cyberdad wrote:
:lol: Give up Kraichie, their eyes are on bashing CNN over Joe Rogan's right to inject himself with wack treatments and then promote it to his 11 million subscribers. I expect this from DOX47 but little disappointed others are buying this nonsense

Hmm, lying about what this thread is about, you guys have a real theme going on here.