Sanjay Gupta admits lies surrounding horse dewormer

Page 20 of 23 [ 357 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2021, 6:37 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Yes, Covid weakens one's body, but that wouldn't cause a parasite to spontaneously appear Rogan's gut.
Again, from listening to Rogan, I got the impression Rogan was selfprescribing, and possibly had one of those Hollywood doctors who filled said prescription on demand.

Most medications have "off-label" uses, meaning they are indicated for more than one ailment.

Here's a list of off-label uses for IVM:

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/26954318/

Taking IVM doesn't mean that he had a parasite. Maybe he did. Maybe he didn't. The medicine is used for more than one thing. I take medications off label, prescribed by my doctor. I take a blood pressure medication that's proven to reduce the occurrence of nightmares in patients with Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder. I take an off-label antipsychotic to help me sleep, even though I'm not diagnosed with psychosis. I take an off-label SSRI to help my concentration from ADHD.

This all reminds me of the early days of Covid. The media was promoting use of Hydroxychloroquine for Covid. Many people on jimmy's thread were touting it as a miracle cure, and pharmacies were selling out. I was screaming from my vantage point to say that my daughter takes it for Lupus, and it's extremely dangerous when taken for the wrong reasons or experimentally. It can blind people or lead to heart attacks and strokes. Most people were listening to CNN or other media who promoted the drug so heavily that countries went bankrupt buying stores from India, and our local pharmacy was backordered to the extent my daughter couldn't have her prescribed meds. She was at risk and could have died without it. No one seemed to listen or care.

Suddenly the media realised Hydroxychloroquine was dangerous, and then everyone turned against the drug.

It's incredible what the media can do in terms of brainwashing people, and that's why I'm so cautious about going along with their party line. It's important to do one's own research and think for themselves instead of parroting whatever they hear on CNN.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2021, 6:38 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
If only some others on this forum weren't making personal attacks. :roll:

You feel personally attacked by the truth? Telling.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2021, 6:42 pm

Dox47 wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
:lol: Give up Kraichie, their eyes are on bashing CNN over Joe Rogan's right to inject himself with wack treatments and then promote it to his 11 million subscribers. I expect this from DOX47 but little disappointed others are buying this nonsense

Hmm, lying about what this thread is about, you guys have a real theme going on here.

You mean Sanjay Gupta? seems to have dealt with this like water from a duck's back.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2021, 6:45 pm

Dox47 wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
:lol: Give up Kraichie, their eyes are on bashing CNN over Joe Rogan's right to inject himself with wack treatments and then promote it to his 11 million subscribers. I expect this from DOX47 but little disappointed others are buying this nonsense

Hmm, lying about what this thread is about, you guys have a real theme going on here.

When does disagreement constitute lying?

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2021, 6:49 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Yes, Covid weakens one's body, but that wouldn't cause a parasite to spontaneously appear Rogan's gut.
Again, from listening to Rogan, I got the impression Rogan was selfprescribing, and possibly had one of those Hollywood doctors who filled said prescription on demand.

Most medications have "off-label" uses, meaning they are indicated for more than one ailment.

Taking IVM doesn't mean that he had a parasite. Maybe he did. Maybe he didn't. The medicine is used for more than one thing. I take medications off label, prescribed by my doctor. I take a blood pressure medication that's proven to reduce the occurrence of nightmares in patients with Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder. I take an off-label antipsychotic to help me sleep, even though I'm not diagnosed with psychosis. I take an off-label SSRI to help my concentration from ADHD.

This all reminds me of the early days of Covid. The media was promoting use of Hydroxychloroquine for Covid. Many people on jimmy's thread were touting it as a miracle cure, and pharmacies were selling out. I was screaming from my vantage point to say that my daughter takes it for Lupus, and it's extremely dangerous when taken for the wrong reasons or experimentally. It can blind people or lead to heart attacks and strokes. Most people were listening to CNN or other media who promoted the drug so heavily that countries went bankrupt buying stores from India, and our local pharmacy was backordered to the extent my daughter couldn't have her prescribed meds. She was at risk and could have died without it. No one seemed to listen or care.

Suddenly the media realised Hydroxychloroquine was dangerous, and then everyone turned against the drug.

It's incredible what the media can do in terms of brainwashing people, and that's why I'm so cautious about going along with their party line. It's important to do one's own research and think for themselves instead of parroting whatever they hear on CNN.

Huh? It was Trump who had been promoting hydroxychloroquine. I don't recall CNN ever having promoted it. In fact, I was always of the opinion that they had been condemning Trump for it.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2021, 6:51 pm

Dox47 wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
If only some others on this forum weren't making personal attacks. :roll:

You feel personally attacked by the truth? Telling.

No, I feel attacked for telling the truth.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2021, 6:55 pm

Dox47 wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Are you blind? The article clearly states it can kill you. And you chose to ignore the other consequences of puking and the Hershey squirts caused by your miracle dewormer. Not something I'd want to experience.

Here's yet another article.

https://www.metrotimes.com/news-hits/ar ... r-covid-19

Are you? Here's what you said:

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=400813&start=272#p8900786

You said people have died, no one has died, therefore you are lying again, as is your practice here. Are you claiming you didn't say that people have died from taking Ivermectin for Covid? My screenshot says otherwise, so unless you have proof that anyone has died, you lied. Try to wriggle off that hook all you want, it'll just make it worse.

Both articles clearly state death is a possibility. And even if the stuff doesn't kill you, did you even consider the other side effects that no sane person would want to experience?

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2021, 7:01 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
IsabellaLinton wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Huh? It was Trump who had been promoting hydroxychloroquine. I don't recall CNN ever having promoted it. In fact, I was always of the opinion that they had been condemning Trump for it.

Worldwide it was promoted as a (possible) miracle cure. Countries were stockpiling it and it was selling out worldwide.

Medical journals were published to explore its use for Covid.

I definitely remember the media pushing it. They didn't tell people to go buy it without a prescription, but they promoted it as a possible cure because it was an antiviral medication. It was pushed so hard that people were desperate to get it to cure Covid or even as a preventative.

Some people started taking it in the form of aquarium-cleaners, and they died.

Safe to say, it wasn't prescribed by doctors in those incidents.

I don't know specifically if CNN promoted it, but it definitely sold out worldwide for its intended use. My daughter went without for over a month and then was limited to a restricted dosage per day. She needed a new (physical) prescription written by her Rheumatologist every month, instead of just having refills provided on authority.

It was nuts.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2021, 7:07 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
When does disagreement constitute lying?

When it's untruthful. The thread is not about "bashing CNN over Joe Rogan's right to inject himself with wack treatments and then promote it to his 11 million subscribers", it's about CNN lying about what Joe Rogan took, and cyberdad is either dumb or dishonest to state otherwise (I think it's a bit of both).

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2021, 7:08 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:

You mean your lie that people had died from taking Ivermectin? Dude, put down the shovel, you're already up to your neck this time.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2021, 7:13 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Both articles clearly state death is a possibility. And even if the stuff doesn't kill you, did you even consider the other side effects that no sane person would want to experience?

You said people died, and no one has died. I don't care about death being a possibility, or other potential side effects, I care that you said something that wasn't true, and cannot bring yourself to admit it. All it would take would be "oh, turns out I was misinformed, my bad", but apparently that's beyond you. Why is this so hard?

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2021, 7:19 pm

Dox47 wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

You mean your lie that people had died from taking Ivermectin? Dude, put down the shovel, you're already up to your neck this time.

I'm going by news reports concerning death by dewormer. I'm certainly not going to get my news from Hannity, Carlson, or Rogan about this. And seriously, my life doesn't revolve answering your demands. For instance, I had a writers group on zoom that I took part in this afternoon, while tonight, I'm going to be working on a short story I plan to include in my next anthology. I'm about to have dinner with my family. My life isn't so small and meaningless that it hangs on arguments I might have on WP.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2021, 7:45 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
I'm going by news reports concerning death by dewormer. I'm certainly not going to get my news from Hannity, Carlson, or Rogan about this. And seriously, my life doesn't revolve answering your demands. For instance, I had a writers group on zoom that I took part in this afternoon, while tonight, I'm going to be working on a short story I plan to include in my next anthology. I'm about to have dinner with my family. My life isn't so small and meaningless that it hangs on arguments I might have on WP.

News reports? Then post them if they exist, prove me wrong.

Could have fooled me about the importance of these arguments to you, I've literally seen you go weeks on these things, round and round to avoid ever admitting you were wrong. Raptor used to say you were like a treed cat, hissing and spitting at the dogs who chased you there when it was clear you couldn't back up what you said, and this attempt to change the subject rather than answer the question, along with the not so subtle dig at me for taking this argument seriously, fits that pattern to a tee.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2021, 7:58 pm

Dox47 wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

News reports? Then post them if they exist, prove me wrong.

Could have fooled me about the importance of these arguments to you, I've literally seen you go weeks on these things, round and round to avoid ever admitting you were wrong. Raptor used to say you were like a treed cat, hissing and spitting at the dogs who chased you there when it was clear you couldn't back up what you said, and this attempt to change the subject rather than answer the question, along with the not so subtle dig at me for taking this argument seriously, fits that pattern to a tee.

Raptor was a sad, broken individual who lashed out at those of us who dared talked back to him.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2021, 8:02 pm

Would it help to go back to the original intent of the thread?

Sanjay Gupta admitted that CNN lied about JR taking a "horse dewormer" --- because JR took the human formulation which is not intended for animals, and it was prescribed by his doctors whether the rest of the world likes that or not.

This isn't about whether IVM is a good medication. It's about whether one person took a horse dewormer.

CNN admits he did not, and that they lied.

Done?

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2021, 8:12 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Raptor was a sad, broken individual who lashed out at those of us who dared talked back to him.

Lol, you and people like you made him like that, he was actually pretty nice for the first few years, you can actually see the evolution happening in his older posts:

search.php?st=0&sk=t&sd=d&sr=posts&author_id=9839&start=12496

He was also absolutely right about you.