Majority of Republicans Want Trump to Run Again

Page 2 of 4 [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2021, 6:03 pm

I hope AOC runs and wins in 2024, not because I agree with her policies (I don't), but to watch right-wing heads explode because a young, millenial woman of color just beat (assumingly) an old white man.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2021, 6:04 pm

I would prefer somebody else over AOC.

Descartes
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2021, 11:04 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
Descartes wrote:
I wouldn't discount the role sexism played in the 2016 election. I strongly doubt most Americans care about "Wall Street", and Biden easily won 2020 and picked up a couple of red states even though he has a more conservative record than Clinton. I remember hearing this saying, the day a woman loses the job to a man vastly underqualified compared to her is just another Tuesday in America.

People viscerally dislike Hillary Clinton and it isn't all motivated by sexism.

Why the visceral hate, though? Women are historically seen as easy targets and scapegoats for people's anger.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2021, 11:15 pm

Descartes wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Descartes wrote:
I wouldn't discount the role sexism played in the 2016 election. I strongly doubt most Americans care about "Wall Street", and Biden easily won 2020 and picked up a couple of red states even though he has a more conservative record than Clinton. I remember hearing this saying, the day a woman loses the job to a man vastly underqualified compared to her is just another Tuesday in America.

Why the visceral hate, though? Women are historically seen as easy targets and scapegoats for people's anger.

I wonder if people tweeted #lockherup because they were to lazy to tweet #getinthekitchenandmakemeasandwich

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2021, 3:43 am

If it's not Trump, it would either be Abbott or DeSantis.

The_Walrus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

26 Oct 2021, 5:17 am

Fnord wrote:
In 2016, Five Thirty Eight gave President Trump a 29% chance of winning.

They are also owned by the ABC News network, which is owned by Disneycorp.

I would not trust any “Mickey-Mouse” polls.

FiveThirtyEight isn’t a pollster. They primarily produce empirical models for elections.

They have an extremely good track record. When they say someone has a 1 in 3 chance of winning, then 1 in 3 times that candidate wins.

Trump winning despite FiveThirtyEight giving Clinton a 2 in 3 chance isn’t a sign that FiveThirtyEight’s model was wrong.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2021, 6:24 am

I don’t like AOC because she overdoes it with the PC stuff—not merely because she is a woman.

My managers and supervisors have been mostly women. I never minded that.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2021, 8:23 am

Descartes wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Descartes wrote:

You'd have to ask those people, but it's not just limited to far-right people. She isn't well liked among left-leaning Americans I've known either.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Descartes
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2021, 9:49 am

funeralxempire wrote:
Descartes wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Descartes wrote:

You'd have to ask those people, but it's not just limited to far-right people. She isn't well liked among left-leaning Americans I've known either.

Sexism is rampant among the left, too.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2021, 9:53 am

Descartes wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Descartes wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Descartes wrote:
All forms of bigotry -- racism, sexism, et cetera -- are expressed all across the political spectrum.

The only difference is how they are expressed, and what specific kinds of bigotry are acceptable.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2021, 10:13 am

Descartes wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Descartes wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Descartes wrote:

It's more than just sexism, she's a condescending and smug neo-liberal who makes younger progressives and leftists cringe.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Descartes
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2021, 10:20 am

funeralxempire wrote:
Descartes wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Descartes wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Descartes wrote:

It's more than just sexism, she's a condescending and smug neo-liberal who makes younger progressives and leftists cringe.

I find politicians like Bernie Sanders very condescending and smug, yet he is wildly popular among the left. :roll: And neoliberal gets used so much now, it's lost its meaning.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2021, 10:23 am

Descartes wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Descartes wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Descartes wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Descartes wrote:

I find politicians like Bernie Sanders very condescending and smug, yet he is wildly popular among the left. And neoliberal gets used so much now, it's lost its meaning.

Not if you're familiar with it's meaning. Establishment Democrats have very similar economic ideals as Reaganites, they're not progressives and they're certainly not on the left so why would leftists want to support them? One would expect leftists to be critical of their opponents.

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Descartes
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2021, 10:26 am

funeralxempire wrote:
Descartes wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Descartes wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Descartes wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Descartes wrote:

I find politicians like Bernie Sanders very condescending and smug, yet he is wildly popular among the left. And neoliberal gets used so much now, it's lost its meaning.

Not if you're familiar with it's meaning. Establishment Democrats have very similar economic ideals as Reaganites, they're not progressives and they're certainly not on the left so why would leftists want to support them? One would expect leftists to be critical of their opponents.

What establishment Democrats are we talking about? The party as a whole has been drifting more and more to the left in recent decades on both economic and social issues.

Being critical of a politician is one thing. Acting as though both candidates were the same, which many leftists said about Clinton and Trump, is frankly bulls**t.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2021, 10:34 am

Descartes wrote:
What establishment Democrats are we talking about? The party as a whole has been drifting more and more to the left in recent decades on both economic and social issues.

Being critical of a politician is one thing. Acting as though both candidates were the same, which many leftists said about Clinton and Trump, is frankly bulls**t.

By drifting to the left you mean they now have a handful of token progressives and that they will take a stand on social issues so long as they never need to give any attention to economic concerns? They're not the same as Trump, but they're the same as Mitt Romney only with better social policies and they count on that to be enough to make left-wing voters support them. They don't deserve the left's support because they are hostile to earning it.

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2021, 11:45 am

Most Any Person With Common Sense And
Yes A Smidgen of Emotional Intelligence

Should Be Able to See That Trump

Is A Most Despicable Leader Now

We've 'Entertained' in the United

States; So, Why in the World Will
78 Percent of Republicans Support

Him as President Again After ALL the Horrible,
Dangerous, Deadly, And Anti-Democracy Stuff
He Has Done As Empirically Measurable As Frigging

'Insanely' Extreme

By Any

Measure

of Common

Sense, Rationality,

And Emotional Intelligence That's Real...

For me at least, It's A Religious Issue at

Core That Drives the "Masses" That Are

UNDERNEATH His Undying Minion Despicable Leader Support;

To Put IT in Religious Terms That Are NoT "Politically Correct"; Out of; And In, Trump's Evangelical Base:

'God' Is Freedom of Love’s Will With Least Harm; Theocracy Is Control Over What Penises/Vaginas Do...

It's 'Douched'

With Toxic

Patriarchy InDeed...

And of Course THere Are

Followers of 'That Religion', Male and Female too...

Yes, Yes, An Overgeneralization And Of Course No,

We Cannot Hope to Take Penises and Vaginas Out

of the Theocratic Equation; Yet Wait! Science Shows

That Testosterone And Sperm Count Has Fallen Up

To 50 Percent, About 1 Percent A Year in the Last

50 Years or so; So in Another 50 Years or so the

Rest of Nature

Won't Have

To Worry About

Theocracy That Insists

We Spread the Earth With

More of Us And Dominate

The Rest of Nature like a Big "D" Head...

Hehe, "D" Stands for Donald of Course too; HAha..;)

Gravatar is one of the coolest things ever!! !

http://en.gravatar.com/katiemiafrederick