Martin Luther King’s niece on Critical Race Theory

Page 2 of 3 [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2021, 7:43 pm

Dox47 wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Unfortunately, too many on the right equates the teaching of how minorities have been given the short end of the stick with CRT.

Give us one example.

Here's one little quicky.

https://www.theguardian.com/education/2 ... y-silenced

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2021, 7:54 pm

Driving while black should be treated like driving while white.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2021, 8:31 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
Driving while black should be treated like driving while white.

Agreed, 100%.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2021, 8:48 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:

Your article misstates the law:

https://s3.documentcloud.org/documents/ ... ndment.pdf

I can't quote the PDF file, but it's quite short, and you can clearly see that it does nothing like prevent the teaching of historical racism, only of promoting racist ideas. Try again.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2021, 9:08 pm

Dox47 wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Your article misstates the law:

https://s3.documentcloud.org/documents/ ... ndment.pdf

I can't quote the PDF file, but it's quite short, and you can clearly see that it does nothing like prevent the teaching of historical racism, only of promoting racist ideas. Try again.

Here you go.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions ... story.html

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2021, 9:11 pm

^^^
And here's another for yuh!

https://www.salon.com/2013/03/13/11_hei ... n_partner/

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2021, 9:13 pm

^^^
And here's another!

https://www.salon.com/2013/03/13/11_hei ... n_partner/

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2021, 3:26 am

Bill, both of those articles you just posted are old, the WaPo article is from 2015, and the Salon from 2013, and neither have anything to do with CRT bills. You want me to be nicer to you? Don't waste my time like this. Try again.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2021, 6:08 am

Dox47 wrote:
Bill, both of those articles you just posted are old, the WaPo article is from 2015, and the Salon from 2013, and neither have anything to do with CRT bills. You want me to be nicer to you? Don't waste my time like this. Try again.

On the contrary, that is exactly the kind of ahistorical tripe the right is trying to have taught, at the expense of actual history that said right is labeling as CRT.
Trust me, I aint gonna lose any sleep over whether you're nice to me or not.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2021, 6:05 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
On the contrary, that is exactly the kind of ahistorical tripe the right is trying to have taught, at the expense of actual history that said right is labeling as CRT.

You can't back up your claims, again. You are a liar, and I'm going to be open in saying it across the board from now on.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2021, 6:12 pm

Dox47 wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

You can't back up your claims, again. You are a liar, and I'm going to be open in saying it across the board from now on.

No, that would be the guy you see in the mirror.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2021, 6:14 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:

Ooh, sick burn bro. Going to show me how you're not a liar by lying about me? Maybe not the best plan there.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2021, 6:21 pm

Dox47 wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Ooh, sick burn bro. Going to show me how you're not a liar by lying about me? Maybe not the best plan there.

You seriously need to chill, and stop taking every disagreement personally. So we disagree; so what? Neither of us is personally lying, we just have a vastly different point of view, which mine just happens to be correct. :lol:
But seriously, chill. That's exactly why so many NT's think we Aspies are such wieners.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2021, 6:32 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
You seriously need to chill, and stop taking every disagreement personally. So we disagree; so what? Neither of us is personally lying, we just have a vastly different point of view, which mine just happens to be correct. :lol:
But seriously, chill. That's exactly why so many NT's think we Aspies are such wieners.

Nope, you're lying here, you're lying in the other thread, and you've been lying for years, but I'm done tolerating it.

Here's the thing; I don't think you usually mean to lie, or even know you're lying, you just get carried away or don't realize that you can't trust the media you follow, and are so damned stubborn that you won't back off of something you said, even when presented with proof, you'd rather spend days going round and round before you'd say "you know what, turns out I had that wrong", and I'm sick of that. I'm done making excuses for you, that you're not doing it on purpose, that you meant well, that you're being taken advantage of by partisan media you're naive enough to trust, you say things that aren't true on a regular basis, and I'm no longer going to sugarcoat what that's called.

You don't like being called a liar? Stop lying.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2021, 6:44 pm

Dox47 wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Nope, you're lying here, you're lying in the other thread, and you've been lying for years, but I'm done tolerating it.

Here's the thing; I don't think you usually mean to lie, or even know you're lying, you just get carried away or don't realize that you can't trust the media you follow, and are so damned stubborn that you won't back off of something you said, even when presented with proof, you'd rather spend days going round and round before you'd say "you know what, turns out I had that wrong", and I'm sick of that. I'm done making excuses for you, that you're not doing it on purpose, that you meant well, that you're being taken advantage of by partisan media you're naive enough to trust, you say things that aren't true on a regular basis, and I'm no longer going to sugarcoat what that's called.

You don't like being called a liar? Stop lying.

If you want to call me a liar, feel free. It's a free country. But make no mistake, I have never backed down from what I believe is true, unless it's been demonstrated to me to be false, and you've never accomplished that.
Just what's wrong with the mainstream media, despite the fact that they don't support your right wing, libertarian world view? And just where am I supposed to get my news? Joe Rogan? Fox? OAN? The Daily Stormer?

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2021, 8:02 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
If you want to call me a liar, feel free. It's a free country.

Oh, I intend to, from here on out it's screenshots to prove what you said, so you can't try to wriggle out of it when you can't support what you said.

Kraichgauer wrote:
But make no mistake, I have never backed down from what I believe is true, unless it's been demonstrated to me to be false, and you've never accomplished that.

That says more about you than it does about me, you treat your politics like a religion, and hold to your beliefs even in the face of evidence, which you also can't admit.

Kraichgauer wrote:
Just what's wrong with the mainstream media, despite the fact that they don't support your right wing, libertarian world view? And just where am I supposed to get my news? Joe Rogan? Fox? OAN? The Daily Stormer?

What you can't see is that the mainstream media is either FOX or FOX for liberals, it's all just feeding you what you want to hear, including stuff to make you hate the other side, that's where the money is. I don't rely on any one source for my news, I read over a dozen general news sites ranging from center right to far left (my farthest right source is National Review, the most respectable conservative site), I subscribe to many Substack newsletters, most of them left to center left heterodox thinkers like Freddie deBoer or Matt Taibbi, I follow hundreds of journalists on Twitter, each of whom I trust on certain topics more than others, basically I've created my own tapestry of journalists who when taken together give me a good idea of what's going on. Even when I read Reason, the venerable libertarian magazine, there are things I disagree with, and I know which writers there are better on which topics, I don't just accept everything I'm told by any one journalist or outlet. It's a lot more work, but it's what you have to do if you want to actually be informed enough to draw your own conclusions, rather than simply regurgitating what you've been told.