Martin Luther King’s niece on Critical Race Theory

Page 3 of 3 [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Apr 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 45,563
Location: Spokane area, Washington state.

07 Nov 2021, 8:22 pm

Dox47 wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
If you want to call me a liar, feel free. It's a free country.


Oh, I intend to, from here on out it's screenshots to prove what you said, so you can't try to wriggle out of it when you can't support what you said.

Kraichgauer wrote:
But make no mistake, I have never backed down from what I believe is true, unless it's been demonstrated to me to be false, and you've never accomplished that.


That says more about you than it does about me, you treat your politics like a religion, and hold to your beliefs even in the face of evidence, which you also can't admit.

Kraichgauer wrote:
Just what's wrong with the mainstream media, despite the fact that they don't support your right wing, libertarian world view? And just where am I supposed to get my news? Joe Rogan? Fox? OAN? The Daily Stormer?


What you can't see is that the mainstream media is either FOX or FOX for liberals, it's all just feeding you what you want to hear, including stuff to make you hate the other side, that's where the money is. I don't rely on any one source for my news, I read over a dozen general news sites ranging from center right to far left (my farthest right source is National Review, the most respectable conservative site), I subscribe to many Substack newsletters, most of them left to center left heterodox thinkers like Freddie deBoer or Matt Taibbi, I follow hundreds of journalists on Twitter, each of whom I trust on certain topics more than others, basically I've created my own tapestry of journalists who when taken together give me a good idea of what's going on. Even when I read Reason, the venerable libertarian magazine, there are things I disagree with, and I know which writers there are better on which topics, I don't just accept everything I'm told by any one journalist or outlet. It's a lot more work, but it's what you have to do if you want to actually be informed enough to draw your own conclusions, rather than simply regurgitating what you've been told.


Well, I concede, you got me with all the dry, lifeless political literature. The stuff I read is fiction - you know, real literature, that's alive, and will outlive their authors, thus giving their authors immortality. So go ahead and read all that dry political theory that will be forgotten almost as soon as the source material is set down or clicked off. I'll stick to reading actual literature, old and new, that actually connects with the living and breathing.


_________________
-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer


Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 28 Jan 2008
Gender: Male
Posts: 12,091
Location: Seattle-ish

08 Nov 2021, 12:38 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
Well, I concede, you got me with all the dry, lifeless political literature. The stuff I read is fiction - you know, real literature, that's alive, and will outlive their authors, thus giving their authors immortality. So go ahead and read all that dry political theory that will be forgotten almost as soon as the source material is set down or clicked off. I'll stick to reading actual literature, old and new, that actually connects with the living and breathing.


What do the relative merits of fiction vs non-fiction have to do with the accuracy of a particular set of media? You asked me where I got my news, I told you, and you respond with this non-sequitur about how fiction is better? Don't get me wrong, I love fiction, I often read two novels a day when I'm not working, but I don't claim it gives me any special insight on what's going on in the world, that takes more effort, certainly more than just sitting down in front of the tube, but I like to actually engage with the material, like solving a mystery.


_________________
“The totally convinced and the totally stupid have too much in common for the resemblance to be accidental.”
-- Robert Anton Wilson


Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Apr 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 45,563
Location: Spokane area, Washington state.

08 Nov 2021, 1:14 am

Dox47 wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Well, I concede, you got me with all the dry, lifeless political literature. The stuff I read is fiction - you know, real literature, that's alive, and will outlive their authors, thus giving their authors immortality. So go ahead and read all that dry political theory that will be forgotten almost as soon as the source material is set down or clicked off. I'll stick to reading actual literature, old and new, that actually connects with the living and breathing.


What do the relative merits of fiction vs non-fiction have to do with the accuracy of a particular set of media? You asked me where I got my news, I told you, and you respond with this non-sequitur about how fiction is better? Don't get me wrong, I love fiction, I often read two novels a day when I'm not working, but I don't claim it gives me any special insight on what's going on in the world, that takes more effort, certainly more than just sitting down in front of the tube, but I like to actually engage with the material, like solving a mystery.


There's more to the world than just political theory, is my point. Some conservative's scope of the world just through a one sided political view is ethereal. Essentially forgotten soon after having been read, without leaving a lasting mark.


_________________
-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer


Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 28 Jan 2008
Gender: Male
Posts: 12,091
Location: Seattle-ish

08 Nov 2021, 1:25 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
There's more to the world than just political theory, is my point. Some conservative's scope of the world just through a one sided political view is ethereal. Essentially forgotten soon after having been read, without leaving a lasting mark.


Lol, you are the one who sees literally everything through politics, nearly every single comment you make in News or PPR is either Democrats Good or Republicans Bad, don't try to play like I'm the one with some sort of weird fixation while you're above it all. This is just trolling at this point, pretending like you can let go while still responding to every post like you're refreshing the page every ten minutes. The only one you're fooling is yourself, if even that.


_________________
“The totally convinced and the totally stupid have too much in common for the resemblance to be accidental.”
-- Robert Anton Wilson


Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Apr 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 45,563
Location: Spokane area, Washington state.

08 Nov 2021, 1:47 am

Dox47 wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
There's more to the world than just political theory, is my point. Some conservative's scope of the world just through a one sided political view is ethereal. Essentially forgotten soon after having been read, without leaving a lasting mark.


Lol, you are the one who sees literally everything through politics, nearly every single comment you make in News or PPR is either Democrats Good or Republicans Bad, don't try to play like I'm the one with some sort of weird fixation while you're above it all. This is just trolling at this point, pretending like you can let go while still responding to every post like you're refreshing the page every ten minutes. The only one you're fooling is yourself, if even that.


So far, I've seen little evidence that you ever consider the liberal position to be right.


_________________
-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer


Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 28 Jan 2008
Gender: Male
Posts: 12,091
Location: Seattle-ish

08 Nov 2021, 2:02 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
So far, I've seen little evidence that you ever consider the liberal position to be right.


Really? I'm pro choice, pro free speech, pro gay marriage, pro criminal justice reform, pro social safety net, pro immigration, pro drug legalization, I'm even for progressive tax rates, a true heresy to libertarians and conservatives, but you don't notice any of that because everything is binary to you, if I'm not a Democrat I must be a Republican, or at least a crypto one. It's not like I'm shy about these positions either, in fact I'm pretty sure we've had this exact conversation before.


_________________
“The totally convinced and the totally stupid have too much in common for the resemblance to be accidental.”
-- Robert Anton Wilson