“Critical Race Theory” training AT&T style

Page 1 of 4 [ 49 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2021, 8:52 am

“White People, You Are the Problem” by Christopher Rufo

Quote:
AT&T Corporation has created a racial reeducation program that promotes the idea that “American racism is a uniquely white trait” and boosts left-wing causes such as “reparations,” “defund police,” and “trans activism.”

I have obtained a cache of internal documents about the company’s initiative, called Listen Understand Act, which is based on the core principles of critical race theory, including “intersectionality,” “systemic racism,” “white privilege,” and “white fragility.” CEO John Stankey launched the program last year and, subsequently, has told employees that private corporations such as AT&T have an “obligation to engage on this issue of racial injustice” and push for “systemic reforms in police departments across the country

According to a senior employee, who agreed to speak on condition of anonymity, managers at AT&T are now assessed annually on diversity issues, with mandatory participation in programs such as discussion groups, book clubs, mentorship programs, and race reeducation exercises. White employees, the source said, are tacitly expected to confess their complicity in “white privilege” and “systemic racism,” or they will be penalized in their performance reviews. As part of the overall initiative, employees are asked to sign a loyalty pledge to “keep pushing for change,” with suggested “intentions” such as “reading more about systemic racism” and “challenging others’ language that is hateful.”

On the first page of AT&T’s Listen Understand Act internal portal, the company encourages employees to study a resource called “White America, if you want to know who’s responsible for racism, look in the mirror.” The article claims that the United States is a “racist society” and lays out its thesis plainly: “White people, you are the problem. Regardless of how much you say you detest racism, you are the sole reason it has flourished for centuries.” The author, Dahleen Glanton, writes that “American racism is a uniquely white trait” and that “Black people cannot be racist.”

In the “Act” section of the training program, AT&T encourages employees to participate in a “21-Day Racial Equity Habit Challenge” that relies on the concepts of “whiteness,” “white privilege,” and “white supremacy.” The program instructs AT&T employees to “do one action [per day for 21 days] to further [their] understanding of power, privilege, supremacy, oppression, and equity.” The challenge begins with a series of lessons on “whiteness,” which claims, among other things, that “white supremacy [is] baked into our country’s foundation,” that “Whiteness is one of the biggest and most long-running scams ever perpetrated,” and that the “weaponization of whiteness” creates a “constant barrage of harm” for minorities.

AT&T Original Source Documents

Call me fragile but there seems to be a lot more than acknowledging past and current racism there.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2021, 12:18 pm

On the other hand ....

- How AT&T helped build far-right One America News: A Reuters Special Report by John Shiffman in San Diego, Reuters, Oct. 6, 2021: "As it lauded former President Donald Trump and spread his unfounded claims of election fraud, One America News Network saw its viewership jump. Reuters has uncovered how America’s telecom giant nurtured the news channel now at the center of a bitter national divide over politics and truth."

- AT&T Is Bankrolling the Network That Championed Trump’s Big Lie, “White History Month”, by Caleb Ecarma, Vanity Fair, October 6, 2021: "A new report lays bare the financial relationship between AT&T and One America News, the network that makes Fox look tame."

The_Znof
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2021, 3:23 pm

those dirty buggers,

those dirty dirty dirty dirty dirty dirty buggers,

http://www.allgov.com/news/top-stories/ ... ews=851026

these things should be preserved in a time capsule with anything else worthy of saving from AT&T

trolling with moronic BS and working with the moronic dea.

FairyFox
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

13 Feb 2022, 2:30 pm

CRT ole good Marxism, reheated. Strong racist flavour added, to hide original taste of doom.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2022, 5:35 pm

Mona Pereth wrote:
On the other hand ....

Oh look, whatatboutism masquerading as a legitimate argument. It does kind of reinforce the point that this stuff is all fake posturing though.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2022, 5:44 pm

And......big surprise....the author is from the Manhatten Institute.

I find it amusing when right wing think tanks produce "journals" as if that makes their propaganda appear like "peer reviewed research" :lol:

I'll take what Rufo says with more than a grain of salt.

AT &T racial sensitivity training is stock standard across major corporations. The author will have you believe that AT&T is going "woke". Again "white privilege" in the United States is as real as blue skies and red sunsets in summer, Nothing to see here folks.

Last edited by cyberdad on 13 Feb 2022, 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2022, 6:08 pm

cyberdad wrote:

I find it amusing when right wing think tanks produce "journals" as if that makes they propaganda appear like "peer reviewed research" :lol:

AT &T racial sensitivity training is stock standard across major corporations. The author will have you believe that AT&T is going "woke". Again "white privilege" in the United States is as real as blue skies and red sunsets in summer, Nothing to see here folks.

Rufo is pretty transparent that he is trying to take down "woke" by expanding the definition of Critical Race Theory to make it a pejorative. Giving the "woke" cancel culture types a taste of their own medicine.

As per usual I have not seen anyone saying these documents showing racist training are fraudulent.

"White Privilege" concept is wrong because.
Ascribing a negative characteristic to a race of people is part of the definition of racism.

It looks at a very real problem 180 degrees ass backwords. What is described as white privilege is often being viewed and treated fairly. The problem is black people are very disproportionally being discriminated against.

You are right about too often this type of training being standard and not new. For a number of reasons, this was largely unknown until recently.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2022, 6:33 pm

The American Psychological Association (APA) have accepted for some time the definition is correct.
https://www.apa.org/news/podcasts/speak ... -privilege

According to Prof Brian Lowrey (who is an associate dean of the prestigious Stanford Business School)

"American society is structured in a way to hide white privilege that people benefit from. So you can see this in obvious ways, for example, segregation. Very few white folks in America actually have black friends. And many fewer live in circumstances where they see the disadvantages or the racial inequity in our system. So that segregation allows for people to be remain blind to their own advantages because they don't see the disadvantages that exist. They don't see the racial inequities. They blind themselves to the racial inequities simply by the way they go about their daily lives. They don't have to make a conscious choice to ignore it so much as it's hidden from them by the way the society is set up. So that's one way that you get herd invisibility. And then each individual act that white people engage in to deny or distance actually serves the broader white community, in that if I deny it exists and I create a narrative that it doesn't exist, then that serves you, even if you aren't actively denying it yourself."

So by ascribing identification of "white privilege" as a form of reverse racism is actually a form of denial that white privilege exists. This type of herd invisibility ironically works with disability as well. When people prefer not to see disabled people in public they can pretend disability does not exist.

Racial sensitivity training is standard because....drum roll.....it's evidence based. Big organisations want to maximise what they can get from a diverse workforce and creating a harmonious workplace starts with making sure there is no favouritism or elitism or discrimination leading to a drop in productivity which....hits the company's bottom line.

txfz1
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2022, 9:41 pm

cyberdad wrote:

I find it amusing when right wing think tanks produce "journals" as if that makes their propaganda appear like "peer reviewed research" :lol:

Did you see the date, oct 2021? This paper and a couple others were cutting edge to show the us the level of critical race praxis implementation. He nailed it, started the movement to inform, and hasn’t been debunked since. The paper on Portland was also enlightening.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2022, 9:53 pm

txfz1 wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

Did you see the date, oct 2021? This paper and a couple others were cutting edge to show the us the level of critical race praxis implementation. He nailed it, started the movement to inform, and hasn’t been debunked since. The paper on Portland was also enlightening.

Cutting edge? because it's published last year?

um...no..City Journal is a "publication of the Manhattan Institute for Policy Research (MI), a leading free-market think tank. Are you interested in supporting the magazine? As a 501(c)(3) nonprofit, donations in support of MI and City Journal are fully tax-deductible as provided by law"

I'm afraid any journal that survives on donations from the public and calls itslef a "magazine" is a newspaper masquerading as a journal.

txfz1
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2022, 10:28 pm

So the left has no propaganda machines, journals, or magazines? Be real clear. :D

Attacking the media does not debunk the word.

IIRC, the AT&T was one of the last pieces he published.

Brictoria
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2022, 10:35 pm

cyberdad wrote:
txfz1 wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

Cutting edge? because it's published last year?

um...no..City Journal is a "publication of the Manhattan Institute for Policy Research (MI), a leading free-market think tank. Are you interested in supporting the magazine? As a 501(c)(3) nonprofit, donations in support of MI and City Journal are fully tax-deductible as provided by law"

I'm afraid any journal that survives on donations from the public and calls itslef a "magazine" is a newspaper masquerading as a journal.

With (in this case) the opponent being the publisher of the article under discussion.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2022, 11:27 pm

Rufo is like a magician who tells you exactly how he's going to fool you, and then gets you to fall for it anyway, and by "you" I mean liberals.

He's incredibly transparent about what he's doing, and yet it keeps working, amazing! That, and he's got a huge repository of documents various whistleblowers have sent him, so when the inevitable claims are made that he's somehow spinning how awful these programs are, he has the receipts to back them up, often on the company/school district/local government letterhead no less.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2022, 12:05 am

whistleblowers from AT&T?

The Manhattan Institute seem to be obsessed with CRT
https://www.manhattan-institute.org/anti-crt-politics

Last edited by cyberdad on 14 Feb 2022, 12:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2022, 12:09 am

Dox47 wrote:
Rufo is like a magician who tells you exactly how he's going to fool you, and then gets you to fall for it anyway, and by "you" I mean liberals.

He's incredibly transparent about what he's doing, and yet it keeps working, amazing! That, and he's got a huge repository of documents various whistleblowers have sent him, so when the inevitable claims are made that he's somehow spinning how awful these programs are, he has the receipts to back them up, often on the company/school district/local government letterhead no less.

But what exactly are AT&T trying to hide? none of these in-house training modules are trade secrets or confidential.

txfz1
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2022, 12:21 am

cyberdad wrote:
whistleblowers from AT&T?

The Manhattan Institute seem to be obsessed with CRT
https://www.manhattan-institute.org/anti-crt-politics

Try again. Project list is also impressive.

Topics list