Page 1 of 4 [ 59 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2021, 6:43 pm

What you sow you will reap.

I have seen this work so many times in my life and in the lives of others around me in both good and bad ways. The law stands. It does not change.

Love others and you will be loved. You may not be loved by the same ones you showed love to.

I won't say how I know that these laws work because that would be boasting. But supposing you decided to give a random stranger in need something good. I have seen these blessings come back in unexpected ways. Ways that make one startled by how good God is!

I have seen these laws work the same way for those who hate and steal. They have things stolen from them, or they suddenly face unreasonal bills they can't afford. They have random strangers treat them badly. I have seen this! And why? What you sow you will reap!

To change is easy. Start giving and loving others and watch how love comes back to you! I know this works. I have seen it! I have done it and watched it happen!

Ad these simple laws work on a spiritual way. What do I mean? Example of how they do not work. Where I live, Freemasons have a miss interpreted way of how Gods laws of sowing and reaping work. I have had masonic members give me something to get something they want that I have. Now there is nothing wrong with a swap. Swapping something for something else. But this is different. They work in a humanistic way so if they give something, they expect you to return the favour back. God is not involved. I am not a freemason so I do not work in the same ways, and I also don't get hints so I apologize to masonic members who in the past gave expecting a return and I want to encourage them to use Gods ways instead.

Now Gods ways are not the same. They are different. You do not give to recieve from the individual you gave the item to. You give and God gives you back something so much better and from people you did not expect and sometimes people you did not even know. They work spiritually to bless one physically as Gods laws work in miraculous ways!

The laws of sowing and reaping work on many different levels too. From physical things to how one treats others. They even work spiritually. Give time to God and He will give time to YOU!

Last edited by Mountain Goat on 04 Dec 2021, 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2021, 6:47 pm

Mountain Goat wrote:
Where I live, Freemasons have a miss interpreted way of how Gods laws of sowing and reaping work. I have had masonic members give me something to get something they want that I have. Now there is nothing wrong with a swap. Swapping something for something else. But this is different. They work in a humanistic way so if they give something, they expect you to return the favour back.

My brother-in-law is a mason. I think you'll find they are not unlike me or you in terms of their propensity to give in to their human nature for transactional relationships that probably have little to do with their spiritual beliefs.

I think one of the early pioneers of what was to become the masons was a philosopher named Plutarch. He believed all humans were prone to transactional relationships. According to Plutarch only dolphins were exempt.
“...To the Dolphin alone, beyond all other, nature has granted what the best philosophers seek: friendship for no advantage”

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2021, 6:55 pm

cyberdad wrote:
Mountain Goat wrote:
Where I live, Freemasons have a miss interpreted way of how Gods laws of sowing and reaping work. I have had masonic members give me something to get something they want that I have. Now there is nothing wrong with a swap. Swapping something for something else. But this is different. They work in a humanistic way so if they give something, they expect you to return the favour back.

My brother-in-law is a mason. I think you'll find they are not unlike me or you in terms of their propensity to give in to their human nature for transactional relationships that probably have little to do with their spiritual beliefs.

It could just be the local groups who live near me. Several of my neighbours are involved in the masonic lodge as I live in a wealthy area. We stand out a little as we are not wealthy. We all get on with each other and I would not swop my neighbours foe anyone else, as they are a blessing..

I noticed how masons I knew would give me things and become frustrated. It took me ages to work out what they wanted as they work by hints. I found there was always strings attached in their giving. They wanted something in return.

I have been brought up using Gods methods which are different from this and they are amazing!

It is actually fun to give to random strangers or people in need, and amazing to recieve back from other strangers or have other miriacles take place.

In the past I knew nothing at all about freemasonary, but as the masonic lodge started to infultrate some churches I found there was differences between the beliefs of Masons and those who were not, and churches that have had masonic leadership tended to go astray from the Word of God when it came to the principal fundamental beliefs and spiritual concepts.
It is why many housegroups and housechurches were started as the conventional churches had changed direction.

Last edited by Mountain Goat on 04 Dec 2021, 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2021, 6:58 pm

Mountain Goat wrote:
Several of my neighbours are involved in the masonic lodge as I live in a wealthy area. We stand out a little as we are not wealthy.
I noticed how they would give me things and become frustrated. It took me ages to work out what they wanted as they work by hints. I found there was always strings attached in their giving. They wanted something in return.

I have been brought up using Gods methods which are different from this and they are amazing!

It is actually fun to give to random strangers or people in need, and amazing to recieve back from other strangers or have other miriacles take place.

The hardest thing for us as humans is to act selflessly (I think that was what Plutarch was alluding to). If you have experienced joy in acting selflessly and it brings you joy then you have achieved a great thing for humanity.

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2021, 7:10 pm

cyberdad wrote:
Mountain Goat wrote:
Several of my neighbours are involved in the masonic lodge as I live in a wealthy area. We stand out a little as we are not wealthy.
I noticed how they would give me things and become frustrated. It took me ages to work out what they wanted as they work by hints. I found there was always strings attached in their giving. They wanted something in return.

The hardest thing for us as humans is to act selflessly (I think that was what Plutarch was alluding to). If you have experienced joy in acting selflessly and it brings you joy then you have achieved a great thing for humanity.

I will have to give you an example from the past.

I gave the odd bicycle I had done up to someone who needed one. Then I had a phonecall from a friend who told me to go down to a certain bicycle shop as there was a sale on. I went down to the shop, and a bicycle that was in the £800 to £900 price bracket (And that price was a couple of hundred cheaper than their competitors) came down in a clearance sale for £360.
I bought it and enjoyed it for several years and sold it in excellent condition to a bicycle shop for £175 as I needed money to keep my car on the road. (I have other bikes).

But had I not given I would not have recieved such a blessing. And I did not have much money, but I could afford £360, and to me it was a miracle. I have never seen new bikes sold so cheap. That was around 75% off and it was a genuine amount. Trade price for staff is usually anything from 10% to maybe 25 or 30% off.

What I mean by genuine sale price is some of these shops double the price of a new bike which is the same as another bike but has a different colour somewhere to make it different, and later halve it and claim it is a half price sale. This was not that. This was genuine.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2021, 7:21 pm

Yes this way of thinking is familiar to me. I knew a girl many years ago who followed what I would call a positive psychology framework in "paying it forward" and similar frames such as "if you believe it will happen".

Infact I think they even made a movie called "Pay it forward" around the time I knew her in 2000 starring Kevin Spacey.

The basic premise is the universe follows the law of karma. If you give then you shall receive.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2021, 8:47 am

I have a belief in the above….minus the belief in God.

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2021, 10:01 am

You know it works. It is like other laws that work such as gravity etc. Gravity is a good one because it is an unseen force.
My take on gravity is different to others, but it is still an unseen force. We see and feel the effects of it.

Gods laws work in the same way even if we do not believe in God. They still work and do the same thing.
I can't explain it without God as I would not know where to begin! Explaining with God is easy. Goed does it! :D

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2021, 10:59 am

Now, If We Didn't Have Any
Words, WHere Will God Be?

Remember, Human Words
Both Spoken And Written

Haven't Always Existed...

If The Answer

Isn't

Feeling Doing

Love, God Doesn't Breathe

Now Either... It's Really Not Rocket
Science or Words... It's Really The Feel

And Do

If God

Is Love...

i Don't Have to
Ask A Bonobo in
The Wild... All i Have

To Feel And Do Is What They Feel And Do too...

Inhaling Peace Exhaling LoVE iN JoY oF LiGHT...

No Words

Either

Spoken

Or Written Needed At All...

Most Every Environmentally Well Adjusted Healthy
Hairy Bonobo Feels And Does THiS, EVeN Me NoW...

-Just Another
Hairy 'Wookiee' True
iN A Way oF LoVinG LiGHT...

Gravatar is one of the coolest things ever!! !

http://en.gravatar.com/katiemiafrederick

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2021, 11:16 am

"In the begining was the WORD".

This means that the word came before there was life, be it human or other kind that was created.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2021, 4:14 pm

Mountain Goat wrote:

This means that the word came before there was life, be it human or other kind that was created.

There are three great conundrums
1. The nature of matter/universe
2. The purpose of human life
3. The existence of consciousness

If you know 3. then you can go backward to 1.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2021, 4:15 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:

The sky?

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2021, 4:31 pm

cyberdad wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

The sky?

In what the OP said ABOVE in this thread.

blazingstar
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2021, 6:59 pm

MG, I see you as one of the truly blessed people in this world who has a strong connection with the divine. I was thinking about this today, also because of my Quaker meeting, in which some people stand out in their words, divinely inspired. And aghogday, who touches the divine through dance and poetry.

I have an experiential connection with the divine, as per my own inner and external experiences, but not nearly as much as some. My life is better when I am nearer to people like MG and aghogday.

This drew me down the road to reincarnation. Maybe there is actual reincarnation, sort of like Groundhog Day, and we have to do life over and over again until we get it right.

And to bring it back to the OP, one of the things I feel certain is divinely inspired, or per God's words and/or the Bible as MG is saying, is boundless giving to others.

Somewhere, I have a newspaper article about a man who worked tirelessly to keep prisoners on death row from being executed. He lived in a small apartment with almost no furniture. He lived on very little money. When asked why did he do this, he answered that when he does he "feels the pleasure of God."

I know there are people on this forum who believe this is all rubbish, and this is not posted for you. It is posted for MG, and others who consider what is beyond our knowledge and understanding. How to move beyond the transactional relationships. How to be more loving and kind with each other.

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2021, 7:08 pm

Thank you. I do not believe in reincarnation myself but I really appreciate what your reply and the guy you mentioned. Is lovely.

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2021, 7:30 pm

Mountain Goat wrote:

Hmm, the Old TradeMark Bible is Basically A Mix And Match Book of Scripts; Written,
Edited, And Revised By Innumerable Ghost Authors; And Copy Scribes, Penning Each
Word, True there Were No Xerox Machines, Which Lends Almost Unlimited

Room For

Copy Mistakes

And Intentional Changes

Through Centuries of Effort;

And Oh Yeah, Someone Can And

Will Fall On Their Head And Awaken

With Visions Like Saul the Paul And Call That

Gospel Truth From A Man He Names God as Well

For Better of Love

Or Worse For

Non-Forgiving

Merciless Changing

Loyal Sheep Who No Longer
Feed the Poor into Metaphors

of Goats too and Burning them

Forever Eternally in Torture For

They Didn't Follow The Do Gooder Rules...

And Then There Are So Many Horrifying Celebrations

of Violence And Rape All the Way to A Joy of Dashing the

Opposing Tribe's Children's

Heads With Rocks

To Kill Them Dead;

And It's True, Humans Do Have
This Real Potential of Bringing Killing Nightmares
OR Life is Good Dreams to Fruition too; It is A Fairly

Accurate Description of Human Nature; Yet A So-Called
Good Book of All Forgiving Merciful Love in Two Words,

LITERALLY,
HELL NO; NOPE,

Despite All The Shortcomings
oF Life is Good of This Old Bible

Book Full of Nightmares And Fantasies

Of Nightmares Both Brought to Fruition and

Remaining After Death Fantasies too; Your Opening

Statement OP on the 'So-Called Laws Of God' that Only Really

Reflects The Beatitudes and The Compassion of Buddha in Golden

Rules that Are Nice; Yet Also So Limited As You As An Introvert or Your Language

Of Love May Be Vastly Different Than Someone Very Extroverted And Open Minded So

Ya Just Can't Expect

To Do to Them

As You Would Like

To Be Treated And

Not Potentially Fail

Miserably in Making

Their Life Living HeLL ON EartH too...

Humans Indeed Are Ruled By Stories, Otherwise,

Known As Our Languages, Our Cultures, Our Politics,
Our Religions, All the Rarified Abstract Constructs of

Words We Hold As Holy And Sacred; And All the Ideologies
And Symbols We Come to Co-Create And Bond and Bind Over

We Hold Near And Dear As Meaning And Purpose in Life to Get By

And Survive;

And Maybe

Even Thrive

In LiFE IS Good Life;

Yet Per the Opening Paragraphs

You Present, Humans Are Evolved Best

to LiVE iN Cooperation And Altruism to Get

Along When Living in Balance With the Rest of

Nature We Come to Understand And That Evolved

In Our Natural Way of Being, Bonobos Do Share to A

Great Degree With Us...

No, It Doesn't Need

Any Words to Exist;

Particularly Ancient Text

Used to Subjugate, Control,

And Master Other Human Beings

For Status, Power, And Material Gains...

I'm Always Amused When i Visit the Catholic Church,

When they Hold An Old Book With All the Horrible 'Rapey'
And Violent Supported Behaviors In Their Hands Up to the Sky...

Amused Truly

In Not Such A Good

Way; Yet A Good Way

Too as There Are A Few

Lines That Do Reflect the

Best Parts of Human Nature

As Altruistically Naturally Evolved...

Yet No, The Book Isn't Necessary, Unless

One Is Trying to Develop A Common Story

For A Society to Bond and Bind Over In Some
Kind of Control of the Masses oF All of CuLTuRE;

If God iS A Word
And Only Words
From One Antiquated

Book That Surely is A Much

Smaller God That All of Nature
Perceived And Not Perceived by

Humans, i For One Identify So Much

More Beyond All Words of Such A Tiny Little Antiquated Dust Covered Book/God/Man

That Sadly Folks Have Rarified And Constructed into Basically An Idol of the Essence

Of Such

A Much

Larger Force
Than Words Indeed;

Like Genesis, Chapter 1, Verse 1
That Describes Formless Dark Through
Light in Verse 2; True, 'God' Doesn't Even

Talk About Words

According

To that Book

Until Genesis Chapter 1:3;

So Sure, Even Steven Hawking,

Tesla, And Walt Whitman All if
ALiVE MiGHT Agree Light Comes
From Dark Then Dance Then Song

Existence is Vibrations, Frequencies

And Energy All at Essence iNDeed;

And Sure, One Might USE A Metaphor

That On 'The 8th Day' Humans Created

Free Verse Poetry And Both Whitman And

The Nature of God All Within Him SaW ALL
That aS A VEry Good Creation iNdeed Too Now;

Hey Dude, if Ya Wanna Believe God iS A Word

i Really Can't Literally Refute Your Point; For It's

True Some Folks

Are Mostly Left

Brain, Black and

White, More Literal Like

That; And Others Tend to

Feel and Sense A God Much
Larger in Right Brain Holistic Ways of Mystically Seeing
All of Existence; Yes, So much More Than Some So-Called Word God...

Always As Neuroscience Shows Human Beings Basically Hallucinate Their

Reality As We Co-Create It, Based On Our Hallucinations of Our Experiences In The Past...

And Again, Science Already Shows That Our Altruistic Cooperation is What Mainly Brings our

Success

In Whatever

Survival And Thrive We Do Next..

And The Nicer And Not So Dammed

Naughty Part of Matthew in the Beatitudes

Does A Pretty

Good Job

Of Describing

Our Better Half
Of A WHole of Human Nature...

Only Men God's in Three Parts

And God's As Small As Only Using
Words; No Thanks, My God is Existence Whole

Yet Others May Choose Other Smaller Venn

Diagrams my God Swallows Whole So Much

More That the Long Form Poem EPiC Bible

Poem i Write Closing in on 10 MiLLioN Words

In 100 Months of Effort on 12.18.2021; ALong
With 15,833 Miles of Public Dance Now in 99 Months;

Yet Of Course, if Ya Wanna Go 'Buy' That Old Antiquated

Book of Mostly Old Testament

Hebrew That Lacks Originally;

Even Any "SonG oF SoUL" Limited
to Consonants And Written Then in

Rudimentary Ancient Greek By

New Testament Older Ways;

Go Ahead; Yet Do Realize That
my God oF All Naturally Swallows
That Small Word God Whole With So much room to Spare;

In Fact, What i've Done in Close to 100 Months Is more than

12 Times The Effort of that Centuries Led Innumerable Ghost Author And

Copy Scribe Way of Penning That Rather Minuscule Endeavor Down; Yet of Course,

If Ya Literally

Believe Both

John 1:1 AND

John 14:12,

That Second

Verse of Two Does
Give me Full Authority

to Write A Bible 12 Times
And More Larger By Note

of Greater Works Than Jesus Yet

Unlike John Lennon Though, i Am Basically An Unknown hehe..

At Least By Born On Date Name; Yet Again, Don't Forget The Meek
Do Still Inherit The
Earth And

Don't Tend

to Get Shot

So Much in Public,

By Folks Who Come

To See Life As Even

A Bigger Hallucination
Than Most Folks Already Create...
And The Truth is Fame And Fortune Already
Really Removes Basic Human Freedoms A to Z And More...

Yawn...

Pass the Popcorn

'Eve', This Bible Writing

Business is Really A Breeze
With iPhones, And iMacs And

The World Wide Web of Beautiful

Real Female Angels For Bible Writing Muse Globe Wide...

Indeed Now Such A Beautiful Way Prepared By All Indeed...

God Dam, A Book Written Before By All Dudes in Consonants

Such
An
Earthly
Dammed Bore...

Centuries Before;

Just in My Own
Personal Holy
Dance And Sacred Song For Real Opinion oN COuRSE

Of COuRSE, Still Inhaling Peace, Exhaling LoVE iN

Joy to All Existence oF LiGHT Now; God Yes,

Marrying the

Night

Merrying

The Day Same As Night

DarK Thru LiGHT For Real Now

i Will Go On Basically Forever, Yes

Now, Without Ever Having to Imagine

What's It's Like to Be A Real Fractal of the Whole...

And On Top of that TaKinG 'God' in Vain Originally

Means Naming

God Any

Name At

All For True

All Forms that

Attempt to Reflect

Larger Essences Usually
End Up As Rarified Constructs

Of Golden Calf Words and Other Ideologies/Symbols too...

And Sure, Other Men And Other Words Promoted to Only Gods too...

And Sure Dude, If Ya Wanna Go With The Old Small Word God, You Are Surely

Welcome

To A Venn
Diagram

oF All of

Existence As Small As

A God Dammed Human Created Word

That is Such A Petty Little God it Can't
Figure Out How to Modernize/Rehabilitate ITs Creations;

Instead, of Just Throwing Them Away Forever in Torture...

Yuck,

Same

Old God

That Dashes

Tribe's Children's
Heads Against Rocks in Exaltation
In Only Joy to The Death of the Innocents Again...

Human Condition All Reflected in Fruition of Nightmares And Dreams Still...

Yep, The Old Bible And the Human Condition is Truly Full Of All of 'That' For Real Still...

How Ya

Gonna

Fault

The Real
Bad News
And Good News

And the Tween

of Humanity For Real...

Thanks For the Popcorn 'Eve';

Have A Nice Day In Heaven or
Hell or the Tween of What You May Create Now True...

Choose Your 'Matrix'; Blue, Red, Or Green Pill Way of Life As You Wilt...

Yet Don't Forget, THere Is Still 'Color Blind' Truth And 'TecHNiColor' On 'Big Screen Lies'...

Gravatar is one of the coolest things ever!! !

http://en.gravatar.com/katiemiafrederick