Page 2 of 4 [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Steve1963
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2021, 8:44 pm

your god sounds awesome. which one is it?

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2021, 8:55 pm

Steve1963 wrote:

Was that in reply to me? A few of us have written things.

For me my God is the one Christians should be following which came down to earth in the flesh in the form of Jesus Christ.

I know God is real through my experiences.

Steve1963
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2021, 6:58 am

Mountain Goat wrote:
Steve1963 wrote:

For me my God is the one Christians should be following which came down to earth in the flesh in the form of Jesus Christ.

Oh...I'm not a big fan of the Christian god. Isn't he the one who sends people to hell and eternal suffering if they don't obey him? Yet he claims to love everyone?

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2021, 9:25 am

You are silly! :P

Take a look again at what you have said. What is missing?

Steve1963
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2021, 9:26 am

Mountain Goat wrote:
You are silly! :P

Take a look again at what you have said. What is missing?

I'm not trying to be silly! What did I miss exactly?

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2021, 10:50 am

"God so loved the world that He gave His Son, that whosoever believes in Him shall inherit eternal life".

What does this mean? God became human and died for us to make a way that we can avoid Hell.

That is the part that is missing. Without including this, you have no Christianity, as the Christ part if the word Christian = Jesus.

Take away Jesus from the equasion and you have a God who loves but also sends people to Hell.

Jesus is the key link that you missed and is the ultimate demonstration of Gods love...

Without Jesus there is no Christianity.

ezbzbfcg2
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2021, 11:28 am

People get upset when inconvenient truths are put forward. But Oscar Wilde was correct, "No good deed goes unpunished." If anything, going out of my way to be helpful has actually backfired. Not that I was looking for any reward, just that "the road to hell is paved with good intentions." OP, I wish I could believe you. I wish I could live in your world. Must be nice.

apex116
Raven
Raven

06 Dec 2021, 5:59 pm

Mountain Goat wrote:
What you sow you will reap.

I have seen this work so many times in my life and in the lives of others around me in both good and bad ways. The law stands. It does not change.

Love others and you will be loved. You may not be loved by the same ones you showed love to.

I won't say how I know that these laws work because that would be boasting. But supposing you decided to give a random stranger in need something good. I have seen these blessings come back in unexpected ways. Ways that make one startled by how good God is!

I have seen these laws work the same way for those who hate and steal. They have things stolen from them, or they suddenly face unreasonal bills they can't afford. They have random strangers treat them badly. I have seen this! And why? What you sow you will reap!

To change is easy. Start giving and loving others and watch how love comes back to you! I know this works. I have seen it! I have done it and watched it happen!

Ad these simple laws work on a spiritual way. What do I mean? Example of how they do not work. Where I live, Freemasons have a miss interpreted way of how Gods laws of sowing and reaping work. I have had masonic members give me something to get something they want that I have. Now there is nothing wrong with a swap. Swapping something for something else. But this is different. They work in a humanistic way so if they give something, they expect you to return the favour back. God is not involved. I am not a freemason so I do not work in the same ways, and I also don't get hints so I apologize to masonic members who in the past gave expecting a return and I want to encourage them to use Gods ways instead.

Now Gods ways are not the same. They are different. You do not give to recieve from the individual you gave the item to. You give and God gives you back something so much better and from people you did not expect and sometimes people you did not even know. They work spiritually to bless one physically as Gods laws work in miraculous ways!

The laws of sowing and reaping work on many different levels too. From physical things to how one treats others. They even work spiritually. Give time to God and He will give time to YOU!

Amen.

[url]https://biblehub.com/john/15-12.htm
[/url]

For I do not take credit for I am sinner and the Lord is always the Winner!! !

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2021, 6:06 pm

God's laws work, so long as one calls the universe god and physics their laws. :nerdy:

"If you stick a knife in my back 9 inches and pull it out 6 inches, there's no progress. If you pull it all the way out, that's not progress. The progress is healing the wound that the blow made... and they won't even admit the knife is there." Malcolm X
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2021, 8:43 pm

Mahatma Gandhi put it best.

“I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.” “I'd be a Christian if it were not for the Christians."

There's nothing wrong with following christ's teachings if you aren't harming anyone else or trying to shove it down other people's throats.

apex116
Raven
Raven

07 Dec 2021, 4:01 am

cyberdad wrote:
Mahatma Gandhi put it best.

“I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.” “I'd be a Christian if it were not for the Christians."

There's nothing wrong with following christ's teachings if you aren't harming anyone else or trying to shove it down other people's throats.

Agreed, WE must practice deep reverence with our beliefs.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2021, 9:31 am

apex116 wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Mahatma Gandhi put it best.  “I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.” “I'd be a Christian if it were not for the Christians."  There's nothing wrong with following Christ's teachings if you aren't harming anyone else or trying to shove it down other people's throats.
Reverence will get you nowhere without action.

"What does it profit, my brethren, if someone says he has faith but does not have works?  Can faith save him?  If a brother or sister is naked and destitute of daily food, and one of you says to them, 'Depart in peace, be warmed and filled', but you do not give them the things which are needed for the body, what does it profit?  Thus also faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead." -- James 2:14-17 (NIV)

apex116
Raven
Raven

07 Dec 2021, 1:50 pm

Fnord wrote:
apex116 wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Mahatma Gandhi put it best.  “I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.” “I'd be a Christian if it were not for the Christians."  There's nothing wrong with following Christ's teachings if you aren't harming anyone else or trying to shove it down other people's throats.

"What does it profit, my brethren, if someone says he has faith but does not have works?  Can faith save him?  If a brother or sister is naked and destitute of daily food, and one of you says to them, 'Depart in peace, be warmed and filled', but you do not give them the things which are needed for the body, what does it profit?  Thus also faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead." -- James 2:14-17 (NIV)

We must offer FREEWILL!! !

https://www.truthaccordingtoscripture.com/documents/death/myth-of-eternal-torture/chapter-1.php

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2021, 2:30 pm

apex116 wrote:
Fnord wrote:
apex116 wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

We must offer FREEWILL!! [...]
Dude, you are not making sense and your link is a non-sequitur.

blazingstar
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2021, 8:59 pm

Steve1963 wrote:
Mountain Goat wrote:
Steve1963 wrote:

Oh...I'm not a big fan of the Christian god. Isn't he the one who sends people to hell and eternal suffering if they don't obey him? Yet he claims to love everyone?

Actually, it is the Old Testament that talks about hell and damnation.

Jesus states in the Bible:

From Matthew, I think:

Master, which is the great commandment in the law?

Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.

This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

My interpretation: Jesus, in just a few sentences, is throwing out the entire Old Testament.

Also my interpretation: we know very little about the historical Jesus. Without Saul’s revelation on the road to Damascus, it’s likely the historical Jesus would have sunk into oblivion like the other apocalyptic preachers of the time.

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2021, 9:02 pm

I am sure I saw references to Hell in Revelation when I read a passage or two a day or two ago.