Are liberal women attracted to conservative men more?

Page 9 of 13 [ 198 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

smudge
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2021, 5:18 pm

^ :D Just browsing that website, I discovered the source of latest COVID variant.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2021, 5:25 pm

I thought he was spreading the omnomnom variant. :nerdy:

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2021, 6:33 pm

smudge wrote:
LOL!! ! :lol:

Is this a reference to the royal family and the conspiracy that they are secretly lizards?

I personally think that is a silly conspiracy, but anything is possible I guess, in this crazy world.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2021, 6:37 pm

blitzkrieg wrote:
smudge wrote:

Is this a reference to the royal family and the conspiracy that they are secretly lizards?

I personally think that is a silly conspiracy, but anything is possible I guess, in this crazy world.

They're much worse than lizards, more like parasites. :wink:

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2021, 6:59 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
blitzkrieg wrote:
smudge wrote:

In a figurative sense, yes.

I have never liked, nor supported the Royal Family.

They do not represent me.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2021, 7:42 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
blitzkrieg wrote:
smudge wrote:

Lizards have always supported solar energy. :D

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2021, 7:46 pm

this thread weirded out at lightning speed. :alien:

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2021, 8:11 pm

Rotter wrote:
Read a book about how to be a "player" to have sex with "beautiful 10/10" women. It's disgusting, really awful stuff, but unfortunately these player tricks do succeed with a percentage of women who are attracted to bad characteristics in men. .

The "player" strategies which are dished out in these books and even at seminars organised by coaches who claim to have slept with hundreds of women are actually unlikely to succeed with most women.

If you are going to seek a life-coach or relationship coach then the only valid advice is to present the "best you" not to trick or manipulate women into sleeping with you.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2021, 8:11 pm

auntblabby wrote:
this thread weirded out at lightning speed. :alien:

:lol:

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2021, 9:59 pm

^^^you did a public service in un-weirding this thread :star:

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2021, 10:03 pm

I think the actual topic is more interesting than the weird stuff Blabs :wink:
Thanks for keeping us on point

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2021, 10:11 pm

Personally I'd wonder how much it has to do with politics vs. social views. I can see someone espousing views that are understood as sexist or racist or otherwise bigoted as a deal-breaker but it seems less likely political self-identification on it's own would be the deal-breaker.

I can see misogyny being a big deal-breaker for most straight women regarding potential partners.

I know for myself it doesn't matter how attractive or what else someone has to offer, if I've heard the person espousing hateful or dehumanizing opinions about indigenous people I don't want to know them and I don't want to interact with them. I suppose that represents a hurdle that Tories are more likely to trip over than some other folks, but it's not the party identification that motivates me - it's that issue.

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2021, 11:46 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
I can see misogyny being a big deal-breaker for most straight women regarding potential partners..

My experience with NT straight women is they "compromise".

I once dated a medical student and she broke up with me because she thought I wasn't ambitious enough. She became a GP and married a top notch surgeon who earned enough so she could stop working and have 4 kids.

Fast forward to 2014 and I got this long email from her. She was living overseas and divorced from her husband. She said he used to physically abuse her and humiliated her in front of his friends. She let him do that to her before and after her first child, then the second, then the third and finally the fourth. I imagine he must have eventually knocked some sense into her head enough after 10 years of this and she filed for an AVO and got a divorce. He stalked her (usual child custody stuff) and she took the kids and went overseas.

During this time she never once contacted me. The in 2014 she sent me an email asking if I wanted to be her friend. She probably didn't know I got married. I ghosted her, I couldn't care less what happened to her.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2021, 12:05 am

something like that happened to me in the army, only i never got married or even a GF, but a gal who sneered at me and went for the big bruiser got more than she bargained for. i felt sorry for her. she didn't know any better. her folks prolly drilled into her to get the best she could get.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2021, 12:09 am

cyberdad wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
I can see misogyny being a big deal-breaker for most straight women regarding potential partners..

My experience with NT straight women is they "compromise".

I once dated a medical student and she broke up with me because she thought I wasn't ambitious enough. She became a GP and married a top notch surgeon who earned enough so she could stop working and have 4 kids.

Fast forward to 2014 and I got this long email from her. She was living overseas and divorced from her husband. She said he used to physically abuse her and humiliated her in front of his friends. She let him do that to her before and after her first child, then the second, then the third and finally the fourth. I imagine he must have eventually knocked some sense into her head enough after 10 years of this and she filed for an AVO and got a divorce. He stalked her (usual child custody stuff) and she took the kids and went overseas.

During this time she never once contacted me. The in 2014 she sent me an email asking if I wanted to be her friend. She probably didn't know I got married. I ghosted her, I couldn't care less what happened to her.

Yes, the need to meet social norms or even just one's own goals will cause people to put themselves in unsafe circumstances. I'm sure considerations like internalized misogyny and meeting ones family's expectations would be relevant as well...

But it's probably best for all involved that no response was received.

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2021, 12:11 am

sad that people screw themselves over, that they have to learn the hard way.