Are liberal women attracted to conservative men more?

Page 7 of 13 [ 198 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 13  Next

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2021, 9:36 pm

I think people are more likely to be attracted to others who are more similar.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2021, 10:24 pm

in my experience right wing women won't even consider dating below their social class even if the guy resembles george clooney. right wingers in my experience are far more concerned about the abilities/social class of potential partners, how smart they are, how accomplished they are [how able they are in general], even being a good looking good person is nowhere near good enough, they even have appropriated a phrase, "quality person," as though not being a degreed upper-middle-class swell is lack of quality.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2021, 12:58 am

auntblabby wrote:
in my experience right wing women won't even consider dating below their social class .

No brainer, read Louisa Alcott's "Little Women". Class and status still determine whom socially conservative women date. That was never thrown out the window in the swinging 60s.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2021, 1:07 am

cyberdad wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
in my experience right wing women won't even consider dating below their social class .

No brainer, read Louisa Alcott's "Little Women". Class and status still determine whom socially conservative women date. That was never thrown out the window in the swinging 60s.

it's the ableism that really bugs me.

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2021, 2:34 am

Mona Pereth wrote:
Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
I was not talking about in that case I was talking more in general like we dont have vampire and pirate movies and tv shows for no reason.Thats what I meant.I knew you were not referring to cases of serial killers but a lot of women like the bad boy vampire and band boy pirate types movies and tv.Sorry for the mix-up.

Vampire fandom is a much more complex thing than you imagine it to be.

I was very much into vampires and vampire fandom for a while in my teens through early twenties, and again for a little while in my late twenties, and again for a little while in my late thirties. I was also very much into organized vampire fandom and even co-founded a penpal network for people with an interest in not just fiction but also vampire folklore and the real-life history of vampire hunts.

It became even more complex with the advent of the "goth" scene and so-called "real vampires." In any case, vampires are not generally seen as especially macho figures.

All I am saying that vampires are seen as bad boys and thats part of the appeal for women.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2021, 2:42 am

Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
All I am saying that vampires are seen as bad boys and thats part of the appeal for women.

When Robert Pattinson gave up his "vampiress" Kristin Stewart for the sweet little innocent FKA Twiggs, Twiggs received thousands of death threats. A lot of young wannabee vampires thought they would kill for Rob :lol:

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2021, 2:43 am

auntblabby wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

Abelism and social conservatism go together like peanutbutter and jelly. Like cheese and salami on a pizza.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2021, 3:19 am

cyberdad wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

Abelism and social conservatism go together like peanutbutter and jelly. Like cheese and salami on a pizza.

so i've noticed. and when a rightie catches wind of such as this conversation, they would likely say, "well YEAH, that's just common sense!" as though that was the highest and most evolved human philosophy.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2021, 4:03 am

auntblabby wrote:
so i've noticed. and when a rightie catches wind of such as this conversation, they would likely say, "well YEAH, that's just common sense!" as though that was the highest and most evolved human philosophy.

To them it is. I mentioned I once worked for a socially conservative psychopath who picked on sensitive weak staff in her office. Once when she was drunk she blurted out that she doesn't believe in god because she doesn't want to be accountable for all the things she ever did. She was also supposed to be a regular church goer.

So whatever they tell you, its unlikely they believe it themselves

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2021, 4:29 am

cyberdad wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

To them it is. I mentioned I once worked for a socially conservative psychopath who picked on sensitive weak staff in her office. Once when she was drunk she blurted out that she doesn't believe in god because she doesn't want to be accountable for all the things she ever did. She was also supposed to be a regular church goer. So whatever they tell you, its unlikely they believe it themselves

that silly person is literally whistling past the graveyard. such ego to think she can mock god.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2021, 5:41 am

L O L, "mind rape".

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2021, 1:32 am

Personally, as a Republican man I have no plans on ever dating a democratic woman.I doubt there are many Democratic women in the church of Christ anyways.I only date Republicans.I have no desire to date a Democrat but thats just me.The marriage would not make it anyways so i dont want to take my chances on dating a Democrat.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2021, 1:35 am

Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
.I only date Republicans.I have no desire to date a Democrat

Dude! that's 50% of the female population you are throwing out.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2021, 1:57 am

cyberdad wrote:
Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
.I only date Republicans.I have no desire to date a Democrat

Dude! that's 50% of the female population you are throwing out.

Probably more than that, since the GOP is the party that’s trying to force them back into the kitchens.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2021, 4:05 am

Its like saying I will only date left handed women :lol:

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2021, 4:14 am

i could not handle dating somebody who was deliberately rude to the wait staff.