Page 8 of 22 [ 346 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 22  Next

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2022, 9:13 pm

VegetableMan wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Or maybe he's just a POS, psycho snake oil salesman like the rest of us know he is.

There is no shortage of conspiracy theorists, like Rachael Maddow who pushed Russiagate on MSNBC for three years.

In fact, she was basing her reports on the Mueller report, which had found evidence of Russian collusion.

Firstly, how could she have based her reports on the Mueller report in the beginning since the report had not been published until 2018?

Secondly, there is nothing in the report but a tiny amount of circumstantial evidence. I've read it, along with mutiple legal analyses of it. There is no evidence of Russian collusion.

Do you have any evidence that would prove me wrong? I'd love to see it.

Correct; I meant to say that the Mueller report confirmed what she had reported on, as had the congressional investigation leading to Trump's impeachment.
I suspect you could be taken back in a time machine to observe Trump's Russian involvement, and you'd say you didn't believe your lying eyes!

If empirical evidence was presented to prove that Trump colluded with Russia, I'd have no problem acknowledging it.

I don't dwell in your hyperpartisan political world. I tend to deal in facts, not conjecture.

How do you know the Dems didn't have the facts? Because the senatorial Republicans wouldn't convict him? As if the Senate's Republicans wouldn't act like a bunch of whipped lap dogs putting party over country.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2022, 9:15 pm

Dox47 wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
I suspect you could be taken back in a time machine to observe Trump's Russian involvement, and you'd say you didn't believe your lying eyes!

This is textbook projection, assuming everyone else must be like you.

No, I think you've mistaken me for that guy in your mirror.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2022, 9:17 pm

cyberdad wrote:
The use of the word "honest" is ironic given most have been vocal in joining the Trump chorus of calling mainstream news "fake news". Some of these jokers aren't dumb, so they clearly know what they are doing.

I guess they think they have to stand up for their team, no matter how wrong their team is.

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2022, 9:23 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Or maybe he's just a POS, psycho snake oil salesman like the rest of us know he is.

There is no shortage of conspiracy theorists, like Rachael Maddow who pushed Russiagate on MSNBC for three years.

In fact, she was basing her reports on the Mueller report, which had found evidence of Russian collusion.

Firstly, how could she have based her reports on the Mueller report in the beginning since the report had not been published until 2018?

Secondly, there is nothing in the report but a tiny amount of circumstantial evidence. I've read it, along with mutiple legal analyses of it. There is no evidence of Russian collusion.

Correct; I meant to say that the Mueller report confirmed what she had reported on, as had the congressional investigation leading to Trump's impeachment.

If empirical evidence was presented to prove that Trump colluded with Russia, I'd have no problem acknowledging it.

I don't dwell in your hyperpartisan political world. I tend to deal in facts, not conjecture.

How do you know the Dems didn't have the facts? Because the senatorial Republicans wouldn't convict him? As if the Senate's Republicans wouldn't act like a bunch of whipped lap dogs putting party over country.

Uh...again, I don't deal in conjecture, only facts.

Oscar Meyer Lansky

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2022, 9:24 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
blitzkrieg wrote:
I like facts, too, VegetableMan, not feeling-derived, illogical falsehoods.

Alex Jones being parodied on the Howard Stern show.

Stern is a shock jock and comedian; I doubt anyone is going to take this seriously. It was pretty funny, though. :lol:

Aye. This wasn't intended to be taken seriously, from my perspctive.

It is just funny, like you say. :)

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2022, 9:26 pm

blitzkrieg wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
blitzkrieg wrote:
I like facts, too, VegetableMan, not feeling-derived, illogical falsehoods.

Alex Jones being parodied on the Howard Stern show.

Stern is a shock jock and comedian; I doubt anyone is going to take this seriously. It was pretty funny, though. :lol:

Aye. This wasn't intended to be taken seriously, from my perspctive.

It is just funny, like you say. :)

Okay. Sorry, I misunderstood!

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2022, 9:27 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
The use of the word "honest" is ironic given most have been vocal in joining the Trump chorus of calling mainstream news "fake news". Some of these jokers aren't dumb, so they clearly know what they are doing.

I guess they think they have to stand up for their team, no matter how wrong their team is.

This from the guy who blamed Bush for the five wars Obama got us into. *Snicker*

Oscar Meyer Lansky

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2022, 9:27 pm

VegetableMan wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

That aint conjecture. The GOP almost to a man has slavishly been worshipping at the cult of Trump. That's undeniable.

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2022, 9:32 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

That aint conjecture. The GOP almost to a man has slavishly been worshipping at the cult of Trump. That's undeniable.

I thought we were talking about evidence of Russian collusion. At this point, you're no better than Alex Jones. The only difference is you're nowhere near as entertaining.

Oscar Meyer Lansky

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2022, 9:36 pm

VegetableMan wrote:
I thought we were talking about evidence of Russian collusion. At this point, you're no better than Alex Jones. The only difference is you're nowhere near as entertaining.

I'd prefer to watch Looney tunes cartoons. At least you know the cartoon characters are actually funny

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2022, 9:40 pm

cyberdad wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:

I'd prefer to watch Looney tunes cartoons. At least you know the cartoon characters are actually funny

To each his own I reckon.

Anyway, before this thread gets shut down, can we all admit we're just having a bit of fun poking sticks at each other? I love you all! (Well, not everyone, but I ain't naming names.)

Oscar Meyer Lansky

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2022, 9:45 pm

cyberdad wrote:
You mean the "fake" mainstream news?
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/09/07/us/p ... iracy.html

You do realise that people can think for themselves and can decide that AJ says outrageous things in order to attract a following right? It's not magic or rocket science to know he's rich because stirs the right wing pot.

Yes, I don't even necessarily think they're wrong about AJ, but I'm trying to make a point here about "knowing" vs knowing things, first hand observation vs being fed a carefully curated version specifically chosen to lead the viewer to a predetermined conclusion.

Do you know the Cold War era expression "trust, but verify"? That's how I view the media, all of it, (my most trusted sources are actually disgruntled liberals, FYI), where as I think you and Bill and most of the other people here have picked brands that align with your beliefs and skip the "verify" part, which doesn't make you into raving conspiracy loons like some people who decide to trust the wrong media, but it does leave you vulnerable when those media outlets lead you astray. That's what I'm trying to get across here, be a little skeptical of your own media, not just the other guys', it'll make you more informed citizens and voters, and less susceptible to disinformation and propaganda.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2022, 9:45 pm

VegetableMan wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:

To each his own I reckon.

Anyway, before this thread gets shut down, can we all admit we're just having a bit of fun poking sticks at each other? I love you all! (Well, not everyone, but I ain't naming names.)

:lol:

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2022, 9:47 pm

Mona Pereth wrote:
Do you believe Alex Jones's claims about the parents? If so, why?

No, but I understand why he made them, and I'm somewhat skeptical of the legal proceedings against him.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2022, 9:48 pm

cyberdad wrote:
Gratuitous cruelty toward the marginalised, vulnerable and weak aptly sums the modus operandi of nearly every right wing podcaster. They happily pocket the proceeds of such behaviour living in the lap of luxury and don't lose any sleep over their lack of a moral compass.

How many right wing podcasts do you listen to? Must be a lot to justify such a broad claim.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2022, 9:50 pm

Fnord wrote:
Alex Jones also shared his audience with Oath Keepers leader Stewart Rhodes for over a decade as he spewed anti-government hate.  Thus, Alex Jones should be charged with being an accessory to Seditious Conspiracy in Trump's coup attempt on 2021-01-06.

What is your theory of the case? Jones had a guy on his show who has been charged with a crime (unlikely as that charge is to stick), therefore he must also have committed the same crime? This feels like several steps are missing.