Page 14 of 22 [ 346 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 22  Next

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

04 Aug 2022, 4:12 am

Nope.
What I've seen of him in action I've come across without looking for it, and that's quite enough reason to not seek more.

I think he was a bit more than "outrageous" with his Sandy Hook crap. 8O

The_Walrus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

04 Aug 2022, 4:36 am

Once upon a time I’d have agreed that Jones would always have an audience.

Now the guy seems to be completely broken. His reach has shrunk dramatically, and there is so much competing for attention (including no shortage of people occupying similar space to Jones) that it is harder for him to break through. He can’t just be crazier than Rush Limbaugh, he has to be crazy than every single entertaining Twitter account, every Twitch streamer, everyone with a camera phone and TikTok. He can cling onto a core audience through name recognition but it seems like that audience is about a third of the size of what he had at his peak.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2022, 7:39 am

Limbaugh at least made some sense, and was amiable. He was an amiable jerk.

Alex Jones makes little sense, and is not amiable. He is a dangerous jerk.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2022, 8:13 am

Dox47 wrote:
Many years ago, it was said of Howard Stern that he couldn't lose as a shock jock because his fans listened to him 4 hours a day to hear whatever outrageous thing he'd say next, while his detractors, would listen to him 4 hours a day to hear whatever outrageous thing he'd say next. Similar dynamic going on here.

Wrong again!

All it takes is a few minutes of perusing mainstream news outlets and seeing all the articles about the Alex Jones case to keep anyone informed.

Examples:

Alex Jones caught in lie about Sandy Hook texts 

From Fringe to Frontline 

Attorney Catches Jones in Contradiction 

New Head of Jones' Company Faces Questions 

Sandy Hook Parents Testify 

News about Jones is everywhere, and practically unavoidable.  It does not take more than ten minutes each day to keep up with the slow-motion train wreck that is Alex Jones' career.

Sucks to be him.

The_Walrus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

04 Aug 2022, 12:28 pm

I don’t think Dox was trying to argue that Jones is necessarily moral, or a trustworthy source of information. He was merely saying that being hated is part of his business model.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2022, 12:32 pm

The_Walrus wrote:
I don’t think Dox was trying to argue that Jones is necessarily moral, or a trustworthy source of information. He was merely saying that being hated is part of his business model.
That may have been part of it; but the part I tried to address was the one that insinuated Jones' critics spend as much time listening to him as his most ardent fans.

It is like being accused of obsessive duck-hunting when instead the ducks are flying in and nesting all over your lawn.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2022, 1:06 pm

More detail on the text message revelation:  'You Know What Perjury Is?' 

The article includes a courtroom video clip that shows Mr. Jones trying to weasel out of answering the prosecutor's "Did you know . . ." question, and the judge telling Mr. Jones to just answer the question no less than three times!

• • •

Dear Alex Jones,

There comes a time when the hole you have been digging for yourself is deep enough.  It is time to stop digging.

Sincerely,

Fnord, the Metasyntactic Variable

(P.S.: You may be able to cop a plea deal if you turn State's Witness against Donald trump.  Think about it.)

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2022, 3:27 pm

UPDATE: As Jones testified at the trial on Wednesday, Bankston revealed that Jones' lead attorney, Andino Reynal, had mistakenly sent him the last two years' worth of texts from Jones' cellphone.

An attorney for the parents of a child killed in the Sandy Hook Elementary School massacre has requested two years’ worth of records from Jones' phone.

Attorney Mark Bankston told the Texas court that the committee investigating the Jan. 6, 2021, coup attempt at the U.S. Capitol has also requested the digital records.  He later said outside of court that he plans to comply with the request.

Read the Full Story
 HERE 

:lol: (This just keeps getting better and better!)

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2022, 4:07 pm

UPDATE: After hearing seven days of evidence and a range of witnesses, jurors have begun deliberations to determine how much money InfoWars host Alex Jones must pay to the parents of 6-year-old Sandy Hook shooting victim Jesse Lewis for his campaign to portray the school attack as a hoax.

The matter was handed to jurors late Wednesday afternoon, and state District Judge Maya Guerra Gamble said she doubted they would get beyond selecting a foreperson and reading the jury charge before the courthouse closed at 5 p.m.

The real work begins Thursday.

Read the Full Story
 HERE 

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2022, 6:51 pm

Alex Jones must pay at least $4.1 million to parents of a Sandy Hook school massacre victim in defamation case, jury rules

Quote:
An Austin jury on Thursday decided Infowars host Alex Jones must pay at least $4.1 million to the family of a 6-year-old killed in the Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting for the suffering he and his website and broadcast caused them by spreading lies about the 2012 massacre.

Scarlett Lewis and Neil Heslin, whose son Jesse died alongside 19 of his classmates and six educators at the school in Newtown, Connecticut, had sought $150 million for defamation and intentional infliction of emotional distress.

An attorney for Jones, who has repeatedly suggested that the Sandy Hook shooting was a hoax, asked jurors to award Heslin and Lewis only $1.

The jury was only asked to decide whether Jones, who has already been found liable by a judge because he did not hand over critical evidence before the trial began, must also pay Jesse's parents for the emotional distress and reputational damage caused by his false claims. The jury will also decide whether to award punitive damages. The panel will hear testimony on that subject Friday.

As the jury deliberated Thursday, Reynal requested a mistrial because his team accidentally sent the contents of Jones’ cell phone to lawyers for Heslin and Lewis. A lawyer for Heslin and Lewis used some of the information on Wednesday to point out inconsistencies in Jones’ testimony. The judge denied the request.

Heslin and Lewis testified on Tuesday that Jones' lies left them in fear for their lives and compounded their grief.

“Having a 6-year-old son shot in front of his classroom is unbearable and you don’t think you’re going to survive and then to have someone on top of that perpetuate a lie that it was a hoax, that it was a false flag,” Lewis said, speaking directly to Jones during her testimony. “I don’t think you understand the fear you perpetuate, not just to the victim’s family but to our family, our friends and any survivor from that school.”

The crux of the trial is a 2017 episode of NBC’s “Sunday Night With Megyn Kelly,” on which Heslin appeared and challenged Jones’ denial of the shooting. Heslin says in the episode: “I held my son with a bullet hole through his head.”

Jones and another Infowars host, Owen Shroyer, later implied that Heslin had lied.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2022, 6:57 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:

Message to all right wing podcasters that if you spread lies you will pay.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2022, 10:26 pm

Apparently Jones "Infowars" made 80m in 2021 of the back of this crap about the Sandy Hook massacre being fake

The parents of the dead kids are now launching another case against him for punitive damages for 100m.

Apparently his business model assumes the revenue he gets from publicity > amount he has to pay back in damages

Jones is taking a leaf from another high profile criminal Donald Trump by asking for donations to support his legal costs

DavidJSNSW64
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

04 Aug 2022, 11:11 pm

He doesn't actually exist. Various crisis actors use 'Alex Jones' as a persona.

KitLily
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2022, 2:24 am

I found this article about this person today too, probably similar to yours. This gives me a bit of hope that these nutty conspiracy theorists will get their just desserts one day.

Alex Jones: Conspiracy theorist owes Sandy Hook parents $4.1m, jury determines

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/alex-jones-co ... 00394.html

One unfortunate coincidence is also that Alex Jones is also the name of a Welsh TV presenter in Britain, she is a lovely lady and sometimes people get the wrong Alex Jones. :(

KitLily
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2022, 5:45 am

DavidJSNSW64 wrote:
He doesn't actually exist. Various crisis actors use 'Alex Jones' as a persona.

Is that a joke? It is really funny if so!

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2022, 8:34 am

KitLily wrote:
DavidJSNSW64 wrote:
He doesn't actually exist.  Various crisis actors use 'Alex Jones' as a persona.
Is that a joke?  It is really funny if so!
Looks more like another feeble attempt to derail this thread.