Should the government make vaccination compulsory?

Page 12 of 12 [ 187 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2022, 12:12 pm

Fnord wrote:
Do the Conservatives, the Fundamentalists, and the QAnonites realize that by refusing the COVID vaccines, they are risking the eventual reduction of their kind through slow and agonizing death?  Do they not realize that the rest of us who have received the COVID vaccines are likely to outlive a significant portion of their number?  Are they not concerned that they may not have enough voters left to put their "Messiah" Trump back into the White House?

:Shh:

slam_thunderhide
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

04 Jan 2022, 12:55 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Do the Conservatives, the Fundamentalists, and the QAnonites realize that by refusing the COVID vaccines, they are risking the eventual reduction of their kind through slow and agonizing death?  Do they not realize that the rest of us who have received the COVID vaccines are likely to outlive a significant portion of their number?  Are they not concerned that they may not have enough voters left to put their "Messiah" Trump back into the White House?

:Shh:

The vaccine debate, condensed version:

chris1989
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2022, 2:20 pm

I do keep hearing people trying to bring in more restrictions despite the mildness of the new variant, it leaves me feeling sometimes surely there must come a point where we can't keep restricting everything for the rest of time, its like trying to constantly restrict us from nature's elements. I mean in Japan, people don't put their lives on hold in case an earthquake or tsunami happens.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2022, 2:22 pm

For the sake of getting back to normality then yes.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2022, 5:58 pm

chris1989 wrote:
I do keep hearing people trying to bring in more restrictions despite the mildness of the new variant, it leaves me feeling sometimes surely there must come a point where we can't keep restricting everything for the rest of time, its like trying to constantly restrict us from nature's elements. I mean in Japan, people don't put their lives on hold in case an earthquake or tsunami happens.

Earthquakes or tsunamis are not highly contagious new diseases.. viral pandemics are different.

chris1989
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2022, 2:29 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
chris1989 wrote:

Earthquakes or tsunamis are not highly contagious new diseases.. viral pandemics are different.

Yes I know they are three different things but I am referring to the seemingly endless and eternal cycle of restrictions on life whenever a variant appears on the scene.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2022, 1:00 pm

chris1989 wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
chris1989 wrote:

Yes I know they are three different things but I am referring to the seemingly endless and eternal cycle of restrictions on life whenever a variant appears on the scene.

Then perhaps you haven't been paying attention to covid news in the last couple weeks or so.

Medical Doctors, Virologists, and Epidemiologists from around the world have all been saying that they expect covid to mutate and fizzle out over the next 3-6 months. That the omicron variant is hopefully the beginning of the end of restrictions and mitigation measures. That they expect it'll mutate another one or two+ times over the next few months and become even weaker and less and less of a concern until it just fizzles out and becomes another flu in circulation that causes sniffles and a fever and that's about it.

No one is predicting it's going to get stronger and wore again, necessitating endless lockdowns/mitigation measures - EXCEPT for fear mongering conspiracy theorists.

Search up some news from the USA, Canada, UK, India, Australia etc - interviews with various doctors and experts are all saying they predict it'll fade away in the coming months.. there won't be some "official hard end date," predicted, as that's not how pandemics end.. it'll just be that covid becomes weaker over time and just sort of fizzles out and stops causing such major problems. Such is the nature of novel viral pandemics, we're told. Literally none of them are predicting another year of lockdowns - just a few more months to let it weaken enough that it's not any more of a concern than the flu typically is and we're in the clear.

ironpony
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2022, 1:34 am

goldfish21 wrote:
chris1989 wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
chris1989 wrote:

Then perhaps you haven't been paying attention to covid news in the last couple weeks or so.

Medical Doctors, Virologists, and Epidemiologists from around the world have all been saying that they expect covid to mutate and fizzle out over the next 3-6 months. That the omicron variant is hopefully the beginning of the end of restrictions and mitigation measures. That they expect it'll mutate another one or two+ times over the next few months and become even weaker and less and less of a concern until it just fizzles out and becomes another flu in circulation that causes sniffles and a fever and that's about it.

No one is predicting it's going to get stronger and wore again, necessitating endless lockdowns/mitigation measures - EXCEPT for fear mongering conspiracy theorists.

Search up some news from the USA, Canada, UK, India, Australia etc - interviews with various doctors and experts are all saying they predict it'll fade away in the coming months.. there won't be some "official hard end date," predicted, as that's not how pandemics end.. it'll just be that covid becomes weaker over time and just sort of fizzles out and stops causing such major problems. Such is the nature of novel viral pandemics, we're told. Literally none of them are predicting another year of lockdowns - just a few more months to let it weaken enough that it's not any more of a concern than the flu typically is and we're in the clear.

The same doctors who said it would fade away before and it just got worse? Doctors have too much optomism instead of accepting cander.

Nades
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2022, 1:38 am

ironpony wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
chris1989 wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
chris1989 wrote:

The same doctors who said it would fade away before and it just got worse? Doctors have too much optomism instead of accepting cander.

It never did get any worse. All viruses to ever infect humans have became weaker.

The fact were still alive today implies this is always the case.

ironpony
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2022, 1:40 am

Nades wrote:
ironpony wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
chris1989 wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
chris1989 wrote:

It never did get any worse. All viruses to ever infect humans have became weaker.

The fact were still alive today implies this is always the case.

The virus is still around though, so I guess and it keeps starting other strands, so I guess it's one of those things where I won't believe it till I see it. I mean even the regular flu and cold are still around and have never died off.

chris1989
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2022, 1:19 pm

I remember finding out that the outbreaks of the Spanish Flu continued to appear over the next 38 years after the pandemic. Its made me wonder whether the Asian Flu pandemic of 1957-58 was a mild variant of the Spanish Flu.