Page 1 of 5 [ 65 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2021, 6:02 am

Is the number '13' a lucky number? Do you believe in the system of numerology?

Are you a triskaidekaphobe? :D

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/what-mea ... dium-maria

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2021, 12:03 pm

Numerology is the study of the alleged occult meanings of numbers and their alleged influence on human life. Since there are no occult meanings to numbers and since numbers by themselves can have no significant influence on anyone's life, numerology is nothing but superstition masquerading as science or art.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2021, 12:25 pm

I actually love the number 13. It has nothing to do with supernatural or numerology though. I have synaesthesia and I personify numbers, so it has its own character, colour, and sound. I also have a marked preference for all odd numbers except 9.

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2021, 12:36 pm

The occult is real, whether you people know it or not. There is a house fire on my street right now.

theprisoner
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2021, 12:40 pm

I see rows of 1's , alot "e.g. 11:11" , and 333. Occasionally 222

AQ: 27 Diagnosis:High functioning (just on the cusp of normal.) IQ:131 (somewhat inflated result but ego-flattering) DNA:XY Location: UK. Eyes: Blue. Hair: Brown. Height:6'1 Celebrity I most resemble: Tom hardy. Favorite Band: The Doors. Personality: uhhm ....(what can i say...we asd people are strange)

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2021, 12:42 pm

I mean that my interest in numbers isn't related to the supernatural. I'm not denying the existence of supernatural or noumenal occurrences.

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2021, 12:42 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:
I mean that my interest in numbers isn't related to the supernatural. I'm not denying the existence of supernatural or noumenal occurrences.

Oh, fair enough.

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2021, 12:43 pm

theprisoner wrote:

Perhaps I can be '1' & you can be '3'. We can intertwine, making love.

theprisoner
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2021, 12:46 pm

Music has a certain color to me. Certain songs have a tonality which i associate with colors. Some songs are orange, some blue, some green etc. Hi hats are silver. kick drum is Black. I don't know if i would call that synesthesia' though.

AQ: 27 Diagnosis:High functioning (just on the cusp of normal.) IQ:131 (somewhat inflated result but ego-flattering) DNA:XY Location: UK. Eyes: Blue. Hair: Brown. Height:6'1 Celebrity I most resemble: Tom hardy. Favorite Band: The Doors. Personality: uhhm ....(what can i say...we asd people are strange)

theprisoner
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2021, 12:49 pm

blitzkrieg wrote:
theprisoner wrote:

lol wut :huh:

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2021, 12:53 pm

theprisoner wrote:
blitzkrieg wrote:
theprisoner wrote:

lol wut :huh:

It's just a thought I had. Not a plan.

theprisoner
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2021, 1:48 pm

This thread got awkward fast :lol: Can we just keep this about numbers....okay.

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2021, 1:54 pm

No I don't think numbers have supernatural powers. I think they're often very useful, and can be justifiably viewed as very powerful, but I don't think the supernatural exists. Back in ancient times a lot of respected thinkers believed in numerology, and the Bible is peppered with it, but that doesn't mean the ancients were correct. And sometimes they just used numbers as some kind of symbolism. I don't know why they thought that made what they said any clearer, but that's what they used to do. I guess we've still got the remnants of it in such things as these "seven steps" initiatives, but personally when I see that kind of thing I just think somebody's trying to make something look more important or effective than it really is. Until somebody explains in rational, tangible terms why a thing is worthwhile, I see no reason to think it so. But I do appreciate the artistic merit of intangibles such as mysteriously referring to symbolic numbers in a poem.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2021, 9:33 am

blitzkrieg wrote:
The occult is real...
The occult are such things as alchemy, magic, astrology, and other esoteric nonsense that uses incantations or formulae in a vain attempt to gain hidden knowledge or power.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2021, 9:41 am

I wonder if ice skaters get some sort of special "feeling" while they perform a "figure 8."

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2021, 9:59 am

blitzkrieg wrote:
Is the number '13' a lucky number? Do you believe in the system of numerology?

Are you a triskaidekaphobe? :D

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/what-mea ... dium-maria

Thirteen being unlucky long predates Christianity, and was probably inherited by Judiasm and Christianity from Mesopotamian culture. The sumerians had two number systems, one on base six, and the other on base seven.

Base six was for the practical (for weights and measures and buying and selling), and seven was for the sacred.

Twelve is two times six, and 14 is two times seven. Thirteen is out of step with both systems. So its unlucky. Thats why Judas is number 13. Similarly Loki was the 13th guest at a banquet in Valhalla that lead to a bloodbath among the Norse gods.

Last edited by naturalplastic on 20 Dec 2021, 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.