Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Aspieangeldude
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

09 Jan 2022, 10:32 pm

Ok, without mentioning your exact religion to eliminate arguments, who all here can’t stop obsessing or worrying about things about their religion and how does it interact with your ASD diagnosis. Example, In mines (not mentioning what it is) thinking about whether or not the small details in our beliefs are true or not can cause me anxiety confusion and depression. I have religious based OCD which my narrow interest is based upon.

theprisoner
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2022, 10:37 pm

Nope. But as a kid I would sometimes think of punishment, (divine retribution, karma), and I did pray sometimes when in trouble. In a tight spot. (" Prayer, the last refuge of the scoundrel." -Lisa Simpson)

AQ: 27 Diagnosis:High functioning (just on the cusp of normal.) IQ:131 (somewhat inflated result but ego-flattering) DNA:XY Location: UK. Eyes: Blue. Hair: Brown. Height:6'1 Celebrity I most resemble: Tom hardy. Favorite Band: The Doors. Personality: uhhm ....(what can i say...we asd people are strange)

shlaifu
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2022, 6:49 am

Hi there.
Religious OCD isn't exclusive to ASD, actually, it's part of most religious rituals, and some of the most important people in church history had quite severe OCD.

Here's professor Sapolsky explaining it:
( OCD and schizotypal disorder, mainly)

Last edited by Cornflake on 19 Jan 2022, 6:19 am, edited 1 time in total.: Fixed YouTube tags